What travellers are saying
- The women at this spa are incredible! Each absolutely professional. I always phone last minute and so the masseuse I request is not always available, and I get a woman I have never met. I have not once been disappointed by anyone. Each masseuse have been exceptional!!! Thank you Thai Spa!Written November 3, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I recently visited the balay Spa for a much-needed relaxation session and it was absolutely amazing! The staff were friendly and professional, the ambiance was peaceful. shout out to Ms. Tam who did a great massage experience to me. I left feeling completely rejuvenated and refreshed. Highly recommend!Written August 21, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Mandi takes the time to genuinely listen, to work with you to meet your needs. She is by far the best massage therapist I have seen in Vancouver. She gets to the heart of the trouble and after only two sessions, my back and neck pain had remarkably subsided. Mandi is not only very skilled and knowledgable, but is also friendly, kind, and understanding. Highly recommended!Written December 6, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I have visited ths spa a few times, and each treatment was amazing. Relaxing. This place is a little gem!
First time had a combo 60 min massage plus 30 min facial. Best massage ever (aside from when on a relaxing beach vacation and having a massage).
I recently booked another massage first week of September. 60 minutes of bliss and heaven, and left me wondering why I don't make time for this more often. It was during COVID, so protocols were in place, and a mask was worn within the facility. However, during my massage treatment room, the attendant did not require me to wear the mask.
I have already booked a few treatments for October.Written September 19, 2020
- Spa Utopia is the only large spa in North Vancouver. The place is tired and needs renovation, rooms are small, changing rooms small, awful spa music and tired fruit and nut snacks.
Staff pretty good and professional although no sense that this is a fun place to work.Written January 3, 2020
- When I'm feeling stiff and sore, or just in need of a bit of pampering, Japan Shiatsu is my go-to local destination.
For best results, I recommend the following:
1) Don't make any plans for a couple of hours afterward, unless it is to chill with a nice glass of wine.
2) Book as soon as you arrive at Lonsdale Quay Market, since there might be a bit of a wait before you can get in.
3) When you make your appointment, go for at least 45 minutes of treatment. You will be glad you did.
4) Remember to get something to drink immediately after treatment.
Your experience will vary, but all of the therapists are excellent. They have slightly different approaches, and you might not notice the improvement right away, but every technique I have experienced has helped resolve muscle aches, arthritis, and those out-of-sorts feelings that all of us have from time to time.
Feeling the winter blahs? Get a shiatsu treament!
All massage is done with the client fully clothed, so it doesn't seem overly invasive. You will be asked to remove belts, and take bulky things out of your pockets. The therapists are highly disciplined and professional.
Afterward, don't over-exert yourself, and the folks at Japan Shiatsu will help you feel wonderful.Written March 25, 2018
- Kim is a wonderful hair stylist /professional who listened to what I wanted my hair to look like. She gave me good suggestions and told me what she would do. It was a great experience and I would highly recommend this hair salon.Written February 28, 2020
- I had my nails done with Katie before I went to Vegas. They were the most beautiful they’ve ever been. I could not have been happier. 5 starsWritten October 13, 2019
- This review comes late but is much deserving! I had booked a hair and make-up appointment to attend a wedding and was almost an hour late due to rush hour traffic and driving as a visitor in Vancouver. Nevertheless, when I finally arrived, Zoe my make up artist did the best with the time we had, completing both my hair and make up even though we were severely short on time. She made me look fabulous and did not even charge for the hair as we barely had time! I just wanted to show my appreciation and let Zoe know that this won't be forgotten and thank you so much for exemplary service and accommodating my needs! She is a true gem to the salon!Written December 6, 2019
- This was my first time here and I loved the tranquility of the space: it took the potential stress of going somewhere for a first treatment away, and allowed me to relax. Dawn is a pro, really friendly, and made me feel at ease. And of course, results are what mattered and I was very pleased with mine. I will be back.Written August 8, 2019
- We bought a Groupon for two people for $50 and honestly this experience is only worth that. For $25 each we got to relax in a Canadian Tire lounge chair and breath salt air in a dim room with some quiet relaxation music. There are chairs for about 10 people and the room is maybe 12x30 feet? We were inside with 4 other people. It is quite relaxing, and the man that run the place let us all stay in for close to an hour (we paid for 45 mins). When you arrive you sign in, remove shoes (or get shoe covers), place belongings in an open cubby in the lobby, grab a small towel for your chair and then are let into the salt room. You can wear any clothes you'd like, its not cold in the room, but not a sauna either, just a nice warm room temp. No one talked while we were in there which was nice because it allowed you to doze on and off; however there is a kids play area in the salt with toys/buckets, I definitely wouldn't want to pay to relax in here and have children in there during the time slot. Overall neat experience, I'm not sure if it really did anything for my respiratory tract, but this was only my first time..although I'm not sure I'd rush back here.Written April 10, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about North Vancouver
- These are the best places for couples seeking spas & wellness in North Vancouver:See more spas & wellness for couples in North Vancouver on Tripadvisor