What travellers are saying
- Super efficient, on time and good service. Great value and easy transport between Vancouver and North Vancouver. Would recommend.Written September 11, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is free to enter and wander through this facility. It was interesting to see the fish ladder, both outside next to the river and from the underground viewing area. There were plenty of posters providing information about the hatchery and different salmon species. A great place to learn about Canada's native salmon, their life cycle and to observe them up close. There were toilets available. We walked up to the hatchery from the Suspension Bridge park, 20 minutes, accurately predicted by Google!Written November 9, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- From Lonsdale terminal we took the so-called "Sea Bus" to cross over North Vancouver and visit this place. The ride lasted for just a few minutes, but it was very relaxing and well organized. Nirth Vancouver is a lovely place to go to, with lots of eateries and pubs (among other things). The view of the city is also beautiful. But what I liked the most was exploring the Quay Market and Food Hall itself, with all its food kiosks and shops. There's a good selection of international cuisine to choose from. We opted for some Mexican food, which was great.Written August 14, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What to do on a staycation long weekend Find a local patio and enjoy craft beer and TACOS so much fun .Now I checked the website and saw that it gets busy and was very worried about getting a spot to sit Wishing of course for a patio seat and lucky me we arrived just in time the patio was quiet still. I became increasingly jealous of the mountain bikers as they rode in following their rides such a good idea and great way to end a ride
I have been a fan of their blood orange wheat beer for years and when I was tipped off about tacos I was itching to go .Three tacos for $12. We had the pull pork and vegetarian tacos on the patio watching the hop vines grow it was a great spot and I highly recommend it to beer loversWritten August 6, 2019
- Very friend staff helped us with all the information in the centre with nice brochures and information, they were more than willing to helpWritten May 22, 2020
- We continued our craft brewery exploration in North Vancouver with a visit to Black Kettle Brewery.
There is a good selection of outdoor seating with sun cover.
Beer was excellent.
Dog friendly too....Written September 23, 2022
- We needed a few things that we were running short of during our road trip and if you can’t find it at the Capilano Mall you are not looking hard enough! On top of all the retail stores there is a giant WalMart plus ample parking all around. It is really easy to get lost. There is a food court and we had lunch from Halima Grill and ate at one of the many tables nearby.Written September 26, 2019
- Definitely not something to go out of your way for, but a nice local experience. The school district office is co-located here, so there are student art works on display as well as more established artists.
Check out their website for the regular "Classics at the Smith" and "Jazz at the Smith" musical/art evenings. A great deal at $10.Written February 19, 2020
- A bright modern gallery that is accessible for everyone. Good shopping and modern exhibits make this a great stop when in the shipyards area of North VancouverWritten August 21, 2020
- The women at this spa are incredible! Each absolutely professional. I always phone last minute and so the masseuse I request is not always available, and I get a woman I have never met. I have not once been disappointed by anyone. Each masseuse have been exceptional!!! Thank you Thai Spa!Written November 3, 2023
- I recently visited the balay Spa for a much-needed relaxation session and it was absolutely amazing! The staff were friendly and professional, the ambiance was peaceful. shout out to Ms. Tam who did a great massage experience to me. I left feeling completely rejuvenated and refreshed. Highly recommend!Written August 21, 2023
- Dropped by for a coffee and a sweet. Both were great. It was at 11.15 am so there was a parking space. At very busy times parking is limited and so is space to eat.Written December 6, 2019
- Spa Utopia is the only large spa in North Vancouver. The place is tired and needs renovation, rooms are small, changing rooms small, awful spa music and tired fruit and nut snacks.
Staff pretty good and professional although no sense that this is a fun place to work.Written January 3, 2020
- My family of 5 (kids ages 18, 16, and 13) plus grandma took the Vancouver City Tour (4 hours) with Martin. We had one last day in Vancouver after our cruise and was able to book this tour at the last minute. We had a fantastic day. I highly recommend this private tour. Martin was very knowledgeable and friendly. Highlights of our tour were Stanley Park, Granville Island, Queen Elizabeth Park, and the drive through the areas of English Bay, Chinatown, Gastown, and Canada Place.Written September 4, 2019
- Went on a Sunday for their special prime rib dinner ($18). Serving was a full size slab of prime rib on mashed potato, a yorkshire pudding with some gravy, and french beans. Was disappointed that the meat was tasteless and our medium rare pieces instead of being pink they were brown as if held under a heat lamp after being sliced. The yorkshires were crunch crisp as if made earlier in the day and kept warm, thereby drying out.
When you go to a pub, order pub food, like a hamburger (they looked great) or pizza (large variety offered). Leave the fancy prime rib for "restaurants".
Split a green salad before and it had a tasty dressing.
Wine was good, although over priced.Written May 29, 2019