What travellers are saying
- Canmore Cave Tour is THE experience to do while in the area. This is not a walking tour of a cave. This is full on caving/spelunking. It all starts with a fabulous well-paced hike up to Rat's Nest Cave. The breathtaking views begin to set intentions for an experience of a lifetime. While in the cave, you'll experience feelings likely never before. It truly was majestic with every step, scoot, and slide. Brett, our guide is a true leader. Without skipping a beat he was able to manage the entire groups level of comfort and guide us to receive the fullest experience based on our capabilities. Most important of all, he ensured everyone was safe and having the time of their lives! It's also valuable to mention that everyone at Canmore Cave Tours stewards the protection of these delicate natural boundaries, preserving them for all generations to share within the experience. Thank you for sharing this part of the beautiful world with us.Written May 6, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I'm sure I'll be repeating what others say but ---- when you get to the fork a little way down the trail, it would be best to go to the left. That way as you hike, you'll gradually have the waterfall come into view. And it would be easier to go up the steps, then down, when it's a bit wet.
The lakes are beautiful. I'd call them more large ponds :) We had a cloudy day and even then the colours were fantastic.
We returned via the gravel road.
The hike up I'd say is somewhere between easy and moderate.
It took us two hours -- that including lots of stops for photos and to just sit and enjoy.
You do need to get a Kananaskis Park pass -- you can do that on line and I believe the cost was $15 for the day.Written October 1, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We came to do a hike , and took an easy route which was well marked, then ate at the restaurant when we came back. We walked up to the centre from town centre, which was a lovely walk. Food was nice with generous portions, and their are exhibits from the olympics all around, which make it a very interesting place. Only thing that was missing was bike hire at the location.Written June 15, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Angelo was remarkably helpful and friendly when I asked for assistance on valuing a Brenders piece. He was generous with his time and expertise. It's so refreshing to just have a courteous exchange about beautiful art.Written September 19, 2023
- This is a very busy restaurant—we had a 30-minute wait for seats at the bar on a Thursday night. But, great food, great views of the mountains, and a nice selection of wines by the glass and cocktails. We liked it so much, we plan to go back for another dinner (this time with a reservation!).Written September 29, 2023
- Nice evening walk. All boardwalk and easy to do. Lots of photo spots and we did the walk after supper one night.Written August 30, 2023
- It's a must do classic, and one of the easiest hikes around Canmore to get to.
Take your time, it's a steep climb all the way up. Can be done by all skill levels summertime when there is no ice or snow. Be prepared for strong wind at the top.
The trail has had some upgrades done to it. Spray Lakes Road is getting work done to in 2022 and the road will be closed.Written April 21, 2022
- The town is very charming. People were friendly in all the shops and restaurants. Food was delicious. There are many beautiful trails and lakes close by. The scenery is breathtaking!Written September 28, 2023
- Good hike for a family the waterfall is defiantly a must see, make sure you pack lost of water and keep a trail map handy but it has some amazing viewsWritten June 21, 2023
- Stopped in after a day of exploring the area. The servers were fantastic & we really enjoyed talking with them! The vibe was quiet & laid back & the cocktails... WOW!!!Written August 8, 2023
- What a gorgeous lake. Very small to walk around and get to but we took the stroll through town from another parking lot since this place now has paid parking. It is such a beautiful lake. A wonderful trip to take in the morning.Written September 11, 2023
- Marcus was really helpful, he was careful in understanding our needs and suggest places to go . Thanks Marcus for your helpWritten September 5, 2023
- Barbara gave us an awesome demonstration of glass blowing first by making a snail ornament then a vase. The craftsmanship was excellent. Barbara gave us an exceptional explanation of how the process of making a vase. She has an excellent speaking voice and very direct giving the process of glass blowing and in answering our questions. A must see for sure. The crafts they have for sale are reasonably priced and diverse.Written November 30, 2019
- Visiting the Ken Hoehn Gallery was a high point of our trip to the Canadian Rockies. We had been looking for a special picture to be a focal point in our home for several years. Our challenge was choosing among so many great pictures. Ken and his staff graciously and patiently helped up decide. Our favorite part of the experience was listening to Ken tell the amazing stories behind his photos. We could not recommend this gallery higher.Written August 30, 2023
- Sought this place out as it was recommended. Zara was incredibly gracious providng background about the artist, Jason Carter, and his works. The pieces are so joyful, I might get something. Stop by and raise your spirits higher!Written July 10, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Canmore
- The best day trips from Canmore according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Discover Banff National Park - Day Trip
- Full-Day Rocky Mountain Tour around Banff and Lake Louise
- Listen to a Tour Guide as You Drive & Walk with our Discover the Rockies Package
- Banff National Park PRIVATE FULL DAY TOUR - See Everything
- Half-Day Canadian Rockies Canyon Exploration
Canmore Attractions Information