7 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- Beautiful scenic trip. We did the 3 hour tour, just long enough. Great information along the way. Would absolutely go again!Written October 8, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I want to do a big shout out to Georgian Bay Airways.My sisters, and I wanted to do something special for our younger sister’s 60th birthday. I’ve always wanted to do the fly in to Henry’s fish and chip in Georgian bay. My communication with Georgian Bay. Airways was always very professional and informative. Our July 4 th booking went without a hitch. The weather was perfect. Our pilot Brittani and copilot Rachel were the best. The flight was smooth and the scenery spectacular. It will be an event that my sisters and I will always remember . Also, the fish and chips were great.So thanks again Georgian Bay Airways .
Michelle LovelandWritten July 24, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wow! Another absolutely amazing week at OSKC. Dympna and James are the ultimate hosts and the expert coaching and guidance provided by Greg and Ray just took the week to another level. I don't know why people settle for 5 star when you can have all the stars! Definitely recommended and will surely return. They never fail to impress. Cheers!Written September 2, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We love to fish and have paid for fishing charters across North America and the Caribbean. This business gives you a better fishing experience that any other charter we have used! Our first charter was three years ago with owner Curtis. We caught 7 good sized fish in 4 hours. July 6, 2016, Anthony was our guide when we used Parry Sound Fish Charters again: 4 Lake trout were landed and we had another 2 other strikes. Two of those landed were over the length limit, and one was a little small for dinner and these three were successfully released. One was 21 1/2 " and qualified to be kept. It was enough for two very tasty meals. (Anthony expertly filleted them once we returned to shore.)
Both Curtis and Anthony (both raised in the Parry Sound area) were on-time and ready to go at the appointed hour. (We did the 7-11 a.m. charters.) They use a comfortable 20' (I think) boat outfitted with a GPS fish finding system. That means they can record and track every fish that is caught, so they take you to a location that has provided successful fishing in the past. Please note, as Anthony told us: It is called FISHING, not catching! They can't guarantee that the fish will bite! Based on our two experiences, their system increases the likelihood that your fishing trip will result in a catching trip!
They provide the rods and lures, you simply need a valid Ontario Fishing License. (Make sure you visit the washroom before you go to the boat as there are no washroom facilities on board! Also note that as per Ontario law, no alcohol is allowed on the boat.)
We plan to use Parry Sound Fishing Charters again, next year!Written July 13, 2016
- My family spends every summer in the Parry Sound area. While I love the area, I miss flying that I do back home. I made a call to Near North Aviation to see if I could rent an aircraft from them out of their Parry Sound Municipal Airport location. Brooke, the head of flight operation said that it would be possible. She arranged for a check ride with Matt on one of their Cessna's. Brooke ensured that all my flight paperwork was up to date. Matt, my instructor for the check ride went over what we were going to do and made sure I was comfortable and understood all that was required.
After a walk around of the aircraft, we went off for an incredible flight. We had great weather, puffy clouds at around 4500 feet. Great for what we needed to do. The Parry Sound area offers a truly great flying experience. The mixture of rugged north terrain, the beautiful lakes of the Georgian Bay area and the views of the cottages in the area make the flight great.
After several circuits of Parry Sound Airport, we had to complete out flight. Throughout the flight, Matt made sure that I understood all his requests and that I made the appropriate corrections where required. Thanks for a great flight.
If you are in the Parry Sound Area and are looking for a great experience, consider booking a sight seeing flight with Near North Aviation. You will not regret it.Written August 14, 2022