Top Attractions in Huntsville
What travellers are saying
- Although we were visiting on Sunday (there was no scheduled tour) we were allowed to take a walk through the Aronwald and ask Tom all our questions about the history, profit and production of maple syrup. We were also warmly greeted by Mr. Meet&Greet Boomer. We had a great time at Sugarbush Hill Maple Farm! Many many thanks!!!
PS: you have to try the maple syrup ice cream, wow!Written September 18, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Travelled in March 2022 for March Break. Used skating trail, which is awesome and beautiful. It was +4 that day, so by the end of the day the ice became a bit soft (was the last week they were operating before closing the season). The park is nice, even had cabins for winter camping (did not know that)! And it is amazing! Amazing time, amazing visit! Hope to come back for summer camping.Written March 30, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Its been a very long time since I've visited the lookout and nothing has changed since my early childhood with the exception of houses and building in the area, making it a little busy at times. But the view is nice and the area is well kept.Written September 13, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- These murals add a lovely touch to the downtown area. Really beautiful even in the rain. Bravo to the town for the project.Written July 12, 2022
- A great gem. Best winter hiking can’t wait to see it in the summer. Well marked trail through beautiful forests.Just WOW and it’s FREE. A must experience if you love hiking and “forest bathing”Written December 30, 2021
- Had an amazing time at this pioneer village and a great ride on the old steam train. Saw some amazing views and highly recommend for families.Written August 10, 2022
- We attended both shows on Girlfriends’ Getaway Weekend: Country Legends Tribute and Motown Gold. The theatre is very comfortable, well kept, and perfect for musical performances. I’m very jealous: my own community theatre group would LOVE a theatre like this to call home!Written November 10, 2019
- Fun to go through the locks. Need better signage on the Mary Lake side. Didn't know where to go once past the locks and got stuck.Written July 23, 2022
- Even though it was a bit of a challenge to get there with the worsening country road at the end, it was worth it. The monument is striking, the sentiment speaks of such a true love. The peaceful parkland that is maintained, with its memorial trees is a fitting area to reflect. We went on a bit of a hike beyond on the memorial, and visited the pond as well. Actually, we wouldn’t have thought to visit if I hadn’t seen this in the book “Top 100 Things to See in Ontario”. We’d recommend a visit there.Written September 25, 2019
- Visited during March Break 2022. Nice and quiet are, not busy as the Blue Mountain. Not so many people even during March Break. It was also very warm (+5C), but was still ok. We rented snowboard equipment - that was dated though, especially boots. My son's boots' top was even ripped off )). Training hill does not have a carpet, just a handle tow, which is not kind for snowboarders. We did not use it at all, just paid for it, went on foot uphill )))
Very dark in dark hours - no lightning- you cannot even see that there is a ski resort there at night - that felt weird. Other than that - very nice and quiet. We stayed at the Hidden Valley Resort. Resort is ok, not much to do around after dark though. I wish they did a lot more for night time there! Maybe next time!Written March 30, 2022
- I went to Sandhill in Huntsville with my mom and nana. We got there and there were a lot of decoration's my nana LOVED IT. I will admit the place looked cool. There were lots of cool things to see like there's some cutouts plus some cool paintings and some Christmas decorations.
I went right away to the maze. It was fun. Me, my mom and nana played a game first one out of the maze wins. I was first my nana was second but my mom was third. I have been to the maze before and I liked it. I found it hard in other years. This year I thought it was easier. When you go the first time it will be hard but the second time it's easier.
We noticed that the pumpkin slingshot was closed but we did know why it was closed.
Then we started the shopping . My mom and nana loved shopping but I did not like the shopping. There was nothing for kids in the shop. Well I know Sandhill shopping is not for kids but they could at least have a toy section.
Overall, I would give it a 6/10. Everything is great but there's not much for the kids. Adults, you will love it.
Thanks for checking out Gradin' with Brayden. Au revoir.Written October 21, 2020
- Thought it would be nice to have a winter carriage ride but the guide was more interested in her cell phone than the tourWritten April 2, 2017
- Growing up in Huntsville and returning to visit it is nice to see the improvements and boardwalk on the river. The little shops and buskers make it quite entertaining.Written September 13, 2022
- I have a been to the Port Sydney Chute a few times. It is fun place to swim but you need to know how to swim or wear a lifejacket.
Swimming there was a lot of fun. There is a strong current so you need to be careful. I am a good swimmer and have been taking swimming lessons since I was 4, but I still like to wear my lifejacket to be safe. There is a chute to slide down but I didn't go on it because my mom wouldn't let me and I was a little nervous. It did look like fun and maybe I will go when I'm older. Swimming just off the shore is enjoyable and I didn't need a lifejacket to swim there. It was a little busy when we went in the afternoon so I would recommend going in the evening.
Overall I give the Port Sydney Chutes a 6/10. It's a good place to go if you're in the area but you need to be a good swimmer to go down the chute. Thanks for checking out Gradin' with Brayden. Au Revoir!Written September 19, 2020
- My wife and I took a 1/2 day tour with the owner Brad today along with 3 other groups and WE LOVED IT....
Brad takes his job very seriously... both keeping his dogs safe and the folks like us in is charge.... Id highly recommend this tour....
On the face of it, I felt it was a bit expensive.... BUT after understanding only small amount of the work that goes into making the experience grand.... WORTH EVERY PENNY.... Thank you VERY MUCH for this incredible experience.Written March 21, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Huntsville