*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Amazing lake and serene. Much less crowded than nearby locations. Make sure to grab a bite at Truffle Pigs in nearby Feilds.Written October 17, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- You view the falls from below, and the path from the parking lot leads very close to the bottom of the falls. Easy to find, but note a low kph/mph road leads to the falls so no hurry. I am sure that the parking lot fills in the summer, but you can park along the road and take an alternate path to the falls. That path is just short of the parking lot. Two of the iconic red chairs are (were?) there during our visit.Written October 29, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Such a lot to do there, walking , axe throwing, mountain tracks, good food, adventure area.
Shame the frisbee course was not better kept and the signposts for collecting the frisbees was awful. We arrived at the course, uphill through some very rough tracks, to find nobody managing it and seemingly that we needed to collect frisbees somewhere at the bottom of the hill. Like the people behind us we gave up and went to do something else.
Coffee at the top of the gondolas isn’t great.
Axe throwing was fun and the walking is beautiful, could perhaps have split the cycling and walking a little better as many cyclists seemed to consider us walkers as an obstacle.
Staff all friendly and food we had was good
A good day out all in allWritten August 21, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This has always been my highlight. Drove from saskatchewan 2022 heartbroken it was closed. I hope there is an effort to reopen 2023 .its magicalWritten January 14, 2023
- Gorgeous lakes and waterfalls. A couple was getting married at a spectacular resort when we visited a week agoWritten July 27, 2023
- Coming from Calgary, for us it's being in this forest that is magical. The trees, the vegetation, its spectacular! The little houses are adorable, the kids love all the characters and ode to nursery rhymes. My 13 yr old said this place is the worst but I watched him constantly run ahead to check out the next thing! The short nature hike is a must do,
I will always stop in here if I'm driving thru, it's become nostalgic and I always enjoy it.Written August 27, 2023
- it was a very good day and we enjoyed the day at Golden Skybridge. If you have time, yo have to go there.Written November 2, 2023
- Was a nice hike to Eva Lake and Miller Lake, there were also some flowers in the meadows blooming. Very few hikers including us made the effort to include Jade Lake in this hike, this short branch would have doubled the elevation gain for this hike and there were very few AllTrails reviews for Jade Lake.Written September 3, 2023
- I don't want to sound jaded, but there are lots of sights like this in the Canadian Rockies. If you happen to be along the road, and 83 is one of the few roads, it is an easy and pretty sight. The walk to the end of the trail, about 1.5 miles, is mostly up, but other than the initial 100 it is mostly gentle and there are many benches, rocks and trees to rest on. You are in view of the river all the way with several bridges crossing to get an even better view. A bonus - a set of the famous red Adirondack chairs was along the trail when we went (may be moved by now).Written November 13, 2023
- This is a great museum and it's cool that it's right next to the railway line. But the railway line is active so the entrance to the museum gets closed because very very very long trains are going passed. We got stuck on the way in for 10 minutes (see photo). But we didn't get stuck on the way out because if you look at the map there's another access which doesn't get stopped by passing trains. So if the access from Long Avenue is held up on the way in or out, use Track St East off Townley Street. We did that on the way out and maybe 30 minutes later drove past the main entrance to see the same cars still waiting for trains to pass...Written October 6, 2023
- This is a quick stop, not far from Emerald Lake and Takakkaw Falls. I would check it out but at the same time, if you run out of time to see it, there are plenty of other places even more spectacular in this area just overflowing with beauty.Written August 27, 2023
- Love the powder, tree and bowl skiing, lack of line ups, and laid-back vibe! Fernie is worth going to especially if you value a resort of top quality that has not been ruined by overdevelopment, crowds, and exorbitant prices.Written March 16, 2023
- The car park gets busy so an early start is best. Go to the top first and walk up to the fire watchers hut. Go by the road and return by the trail. Plenty of walks at summit and around the lake lower down. Difficulties to suit all abilities.
Visit the other viewing areas on the way down.Written August 30, 2022
- We stayed with relatives for 5 days on North Shore and had a great time seeing the sites of Nelson, it’s parks the lovely scenery of the mountains and the Kootney Lake. Our second day, we took a stroll down Baker Street and looked in the variety of shop and boutiques. The local craft centre is a must to visit with some lovely items to purchase. Also, selection of coffee shop and cafes.Written May 22, 2023
- Amazing place and nice to learn so much history. The displays little dusty and old but with so few visitors must cost so much to try keep on top of it. We stayed in the hotel so got discounted entrance. Bit creepy ha ha so made sure out before dark!!
We thought it so nice that somebody wanted to save all these old building and keep them in an authentic town like place. Well worth a visit.Written October 30, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Kootenay Rockies
- The best day trips from Kootenay Rockies according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Lake Louise, Moraine Lake and Yoho national park Day Trip
- Lake Louise & Yoho (Moraine Lake June - Oct) from Calgary/Banff
- Lake Louise and Emerald Lake Full Day Tour
- Banff & Yoho Parks | Lake Louise | Moraine Lake | Emerald Lake - PRIVATE TOUR
- Emerald Lake, Takakkaw Falls & Canadian Rockies Hidden Gems
- The most popular things to do in Kootenay Rockies with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Peak Axe Throwing
- Rocky Mountain Buffalo Ranch & Guest Cabins
- Apex Rafting Company
- Glacier Raft Company - Day Tours
- Kootenay River Runners
Kootenay Rockies Attractions Information
|Friday 10:10 p.m.|