- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
14 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Sheldon led this tour of the Nuxalk Nation sacred sight and shared an incredible amount of knowledge through the traditional Indigenous way of stories, prayers and songs. It was a deeply moving experience that helps people understand the history of their people. His attitude of moving towards thriving and reconciliation is inspiring.
I signed up at the Copper Sun office in Bella Coola and was transported to the site with another guest.
Thanks very much for sharing your treasure with visitors to Bella Coola.Written October 7, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Bella Coola is a great place to visit. Beautiful scenery, local tours are a must. The flight is amazing with all it's spectacular glaciers. We only stayed 4 days. Wish we could have had more time to visit. Next time!Written September 28, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We went on the petroglyph tour, it was really wonderful. The guides are friendly, know their stuff, and explain it well! Seeing these ancient carvings in such beautiful forest is something I'll never forget. If you're passing by Bella Coola, it would be a real shame not to do this tour!Written September 2, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Does it get any better than huge coastal mountains, the ocean and a river? lovely estuary area and breathtaking views. make sure to check it out while in Bella coola!Written September 13, 2021
- We saw a picture of a chair in a restaurant and noticed that it was in this new gallery. Pat McNamera was the artist in house. He was extremely friendly, and as my husband was interested the furniture he built, Pat was more than happy to explain how he accomplished the end result. Worth stopping into this interesting gallery.Written September 27, 2019
- April 2022 - Stayed at Tweedsmuir Lodge, and skied with Bella Coola Heli sports, all I can say is that I am honored to experience this special place! Spectacular views and runs. The guides and pilots were exceptional. Snow was deep and light (once you got to the lower runs was not as light, but that was the end of the run and the pickup zone). I always felt safe while still pushing my boundaries. The staff at the lodge were so nice and fun. Food and drinks were creative and delicious everyday. Had 4 beautiful blue bird days, perfect snow, one day with snow but still flew, and one down day, and took one day off as we were already over our vertical at over 130k. Not inexpensive, but highly recommend and worth the splurge , hope to go again!Written April 30, 2022
- We lucked out with a warm, sunny day to float down the Atnarko River. We saw one grizzly before we boarded the rafts, and had the opportunity to observe a second grizzly amble along the river bank opposite where we were tucked into a cove, with ample time to observe. We also had 3 or 4 black bear sightings. Fraser and Molly were organized getting us on and off the river. Molly was our guide and was fun, knowledgeable and pointed out all the interesting flora, shells, fish, and bears along the river. The river was shallow and it was no small feat to drag the raft and our combined weight over shallowing spots along the river. We did expect the actual ride down the river would be a bit longer, but Molly and Fraser made it memorable. Thanx!!Written September 27, 2023
- Just got back from a tour with Dan and Buck, the golden retriever. We toured the fjords, swam in the ocean and took a dip in a hot spring. We learned about the history of Bella Coola, observed first-nations pictographs along the shoreline, and got to visit an absolutely enormous ancient cedar. Along the way we saw humpback whales, seals and even a wolf, not to mention spectacular waterfalls and glaciers.
Dan made us deli sandwiches for lunch, and we snacked on fruit and cookies all day as we cruised the turquoise waters of the inlet.
It doesn’t get much better folks. If you’re heading to Bella Coola you should definitely go out on the ocean with Dan and Buck for an unforgettable trip.Written August 4, 2023
- Peter was a great guide. We saw such beautiful scenery, a huge cedar and stopped at the natural hot springs. Peter also provided a wonderful lunch for us.Written September 28, 2023
- The owner, Garett, picked us up at the marina in Bella Coola and transported us across the inlet to the cannery. He conducted a tour of the old cannery site. His family has owned the site since the 1970’s when it went out of active operation. He was knowledgeable and friendly , answering all of our questions. Highly recommend the tour.Written September 27, 2019
- We had a great day with Brek who is a local and very knowledgeable about the Bella Coola area. He provided much information about the wildlife and sea life as well as his experiences living in Bella Coola. Brek is extremely friendly, approachable and flexible in providing you with the experience that you want. First thing in the morning he showed us our options of what we might do for the day and asked us to decide. Hot Springs, waterfalls, hike to the big cedar tree, looking for bears, crabbing, lunch on the beach. Just ask and he'll make it happen. I give him my highest recommendation. Very easy going, friendly and trying hard to give you a great day out on the water. His boat is built for heavy seas so no worry about a bit of wind. It's very stable in all conditions and easily accessible. A much more personal experience than some of the bigger boats that go out. We couldn't have had a better day.Written July 5, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Bella Coola
- The most popular things to do in Bella Coola with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Copper Sun Gallery & Journeys
- Great Bear Sailing Adventures
- Bella Coola Valley Visitor Information Booth
Bella Coola Attractions Information