What travellers are saying
- The sand is sooo soft and the water so clear. The dunes make the beach so interesting. There is an area that offer a flatter beach but we chose to stay around the dunes. There is some shade as there are some vegetation around there. If you're not looking to face the waters, you can actually go and sun bathe up in the dune area at the top. There was probably so much to see but we only stayed for the afternoon.Written September 1, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Courses in very good shape well-managed pro shop staff very rude questioning apparel that was bought a golf town I’m quite surprised the representation was that badWritten July 31, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The day we had picked to go sailing with County Sailing Adventures was fairly calm and it way iffy as to whether we could sail that day. However, Brent and Moira put up the drift sail and we gently sailed into the bay. On the way back, the wind gods granted us a light wind and we got moving! Brent and Moira are gracious, knowledgeable and wonderful hosts. Thank you both for a great experience!Written October 21, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- OMGosh! My husband and I had, SO! MUCH! FUN!
- On Time
- Fairly Priced
We'll be back and we're telling everyone! Thanks, Guys!Written August 21, 2023
- A great way to enjoy PEC from the water. The tour is easy and enjoyable - and the sites are lovely and interesting. We highly recommend.Written May 31, 2022
- Second time renting from Westlake Watersports in several years. Overall, everyone had a great time that afternoon. As the party planner for my group, I knew what to expect...both times I rented, I did not get the boat I booked. Last time they upgraded me to a larger boat and that was great. This time, I was given a boat that I did not like so I went back to the "office" and explained that I booked a bigger boat with fishing seats and would like what I booked. They explained that it was not working but I could choose another boat, so I did, and all was acceptable. "Office" staff were very approachable, helpful and pleasant. They gave a boating lesson, pointed out a few spots to avoid on the lake and a few to visit. As a customer, I was not impressed at the state of their parking lot again this year. Not sure if they fixed it before the summer but in June it was full of potholes. Needless to say, this is a seasonal outdoor water-based business and although as a customer I would appreciate a better parking lot and indoor washrooms with flushing toilets and sanitation, I understand why there isn't. Oh...and my deposit was fully refunded within the week, no issues, both times I rented. We would return again, and I would recommend to my friends but I would also tell them what to expect and the thoughts of a port-o-potty might dissuade them.Written August 22, 2023
- Brent and Moira provided a wonderful, safe and enjoyable sailing outing. As experienced sailors, you're in good hands making your way across the bay. Great conversation, knowledgeable about the area and terrific tips about other attractions. Very accommodating and provided flexibility to work with our schedule. Highly recommended.Written August 27, 2020
- Never been in a Kayak before, so I was a bit nervous. Shouldn’t have been, after everything was explained to me and was told “they’ve never lost anyone yet”, I felt at ease.
After about 10mins, I had mastered the technique and started to enjoy the beautiful nature around me. Saw so many types of different birds.
For beginners, I suggest going straight down the river as it’s very calm.
Experts can go under the bridge into Lake Ontario.
A must adventure!Written August 17, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Picton
- These are the best places for kid-friendly outdoor activities in Picton:See more outdoor activities for children in Picton on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for couples seeking outdoor activities in Picton:See more outdoor activities for couples in Picton on Tripadvisor