What travellers are saying
- Nice beach .big campsite .beach clean no loud music only downfall not a lot of places to fish from shore. Firepits too high out of ground need to be buried deeper.Written September 22, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice views of lake, would be great spot for sunset pics. Other side of street also has view of bay.Written August 30, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The sand is sooo soft and the water so clear. The dunes make the beach so interesting. There is an area that offer a flatter beach but we chose to stay around the dunes. There is some shade as there are some vegetation around there. If you're not looking to face the waters, you can actually go and sun bathe up in the dune area at the top. There was probably so much to see but we only stayed for the afternoon.Written September 1, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you’re looking for a cozy, personal experience while also enjoying amazing wine AND cheese this is the spot. We have been to a lot of wineries and this is by far the best. We enjoyed a tasting of wines and cheeses and were blown away by the quality. It’s a quite little winery tucked away, worth every penny. I will definitely be back!Written October 6, 2023
- What a gem. Came in a whim and left a fan. Wine flights, including one that wasn’t on the tasting menu. The sweet flight was enjoyable; the Reiki Riesling and the sweet sister were outstanding. The pizzas were big enough for sharing and had fresh herbs from the garden. Will definitely be back.Written October 28, 2023
- Excellent service, flight of beer, and light food fare. The view was very nice and general atmosphere was great. We took our 17 month grandson, it was a nice place for him to roam. Would definitely go again.Written September 5, 2023
- This was my first time at Point Petre and it did not disappoint. The pebble beach is located on lake Ontario and the sight and sound of the waves crashing into the pebble beach and the rocks was a beautiful sight to see. We did not see any signs for Point Petre. We drove to the end of Army Road where there was a patch of grass where we parked. We could hear the sounds of the waves from here. We walked the short distance along a short dirt road until we got to the water.Written August 4, 2023
- Top marks for hospitality, friendly service and tasty beer. We stopped here at the end of cycling the Cressy Loop. When we arrived we were greeted with a huge smile. The man working behind the counter explained a lot and gave a few little taters to help us make a choice. I had a flight of four great beer tasters. I really liked the red ale. And also had a very mild tasting IPA which was nice. I don’t normally enjoy IPAs but this one was not too hoppy. Had a nice relaxing sit on the picnic table out front. We will be back with our car to buy some for the end of vacation. Wonderful spot.Written August 16, 2023
- This winery has a relatively small tasting room, and only pours a few of their many wines at a time, so we had a bit of a limited experience. Having said that, some of their wines have won significant awards, and are excellent. We would have loved a more extensive tasting experience for sure to have enjoyed more!Written June 9, 2018
- Picton is the place to be. Great vibes, quaint streets with interesting and artsy businesses. The Regent has 400 seats which were filled to capacity for the live show we attended. Refreshments available including alcohol and very relaxed about taking food and drinks into the theatre. Great sound and visibility from every seat. A really pleasant community-minded spot which hosts all kinds of great events.Written February 16, 2020
- Good experience. Good wines came home with 2 bottles. very reasonable with their wine and tasting prices.Written July 12, 2021
- We've been coming to PEC for years with our family. Phil gave us a tour that opened our eyes to parts of the county we've never seen before. Phil did a great job customizing the tour for our family. Our boys especially loved flying Phil's drone to a nearby island!Written July 10, 2023
- This was a very challenging “find the money” experience. Set in a museum with authentic artifacts and created around a true life person made this quite special.
The clues are tough and it is easy to get confused. Thankfully Jane would suddenly appear and make a little comment to help out a bit. Like telling us when we were struggling with a key, she remembers a previous servant who always recited a little ditty about pushing before pulling when trying to open a lock.
We didn’t win but we had lots of laughs, some frustrations, and learned a few interesting about the MacAulay House.Written October 22, 2019
- Absolutely amazing experience! Chris is a fantastic guide with extensive knowledge and connections in the county.
I booked a 2 person tour for my partner and I as a post-engagement event. Chris promptly reached out to ask about our preferences for destinations. We visited a brewery, a cidery, wineries, did a tomato tasting, a cheese tasting, ate fresh butter tarts, learned about the county's history, and saw some amazing views of the area's natural beauty.
Chris also helped make our engagement extra special, as he printed off a picture of us that I had sent him to create a label for a celebratory bottle of bubbly, and also had a rose sent to our table at the restaurant I had made reservations at for that evening (Flame & Smith, fantastic recommendation by Chris!)
You will not regret booking a tour or event with Chris. He is knowledgeable, friendly, and incredibly hospitable. It feels like spending a day with an old friend, and his prices are very reasonable. I'd highly recommend his services to anyone in a heartbeat.
Thanks to Chris for making our engagement extra special!Written October 16, 2023
- The day we had picked to go sailing with County Sailing Adventures was fairly calm and it way iffy as to whether we could sail that day. However, Brent and Moira put up the drift sail and we gently sailed into the bay. On the way back, the wind gods granted us a light wind and we got moving! Brent and Moira are gracious, knowledgeable and wonderful hosts. Thank you both for a great experience!Written October 21, 2023