What travellers are saying
- Out of all of the provincial parks I have been to this one ranks in the top 3 and quite possibly holds the #1 spot. The shorelines of the east, west and northern tip are all different and make for a unique experience. The trails are well-trodden natural (not what I would call mobile-assist friendly). There are benches strategically placed for walkers that may need a break during travel.Written October 16, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Of course, I'm biased! Our daughter and son-in-law own and run the company. But, that being said, we have done a lot of travelling and this trip is right up there with some pretty special experiences. Over the last few years, we've heard about and seen photos of the creation of the "Glamping " experience but were STILL unprepared for the comfort and beauty we were able to enjoy on a family trip this fall. Photos that I sent to friends didn't even look real the scenery was so spectacular. I wasn't blase about hearing and seeing Humpbacks but there were SO many blows and trumpets, both night and day that not every conversation was interrupted in order to run to the deck. The "tents" with beautiful beds and duvets, were extremely comfortable and the private composting toilet and sinks made for relaxing nights. The showers with hot water and views to die for, were exceptional. The food was wonderful but I wasn't surprised by this, as I have taken other trips with SOW and the food is always outstanding. For anyone who wants whales, amazing scenery and a total feeling of peace, this is a great choice no matter who your kids are!!!Written October 14, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Would rate it higher if I could. It was an amazing experience. Guides were great, food amazing, met some cool people, kayak 3 times a day. And orcas! Was sad to leave.Written September 19, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our tour was amazing. We saw so many animals including dolphins, orca, whales and sea lions. Reuben was very friendly and went out of his way to make sure everyone got their moneys worth. You could tell he was enjoying being out on the water and showing everyone around. I would recommed, was good value for moneyWritten October 15, 2023
- Fabulous day out (6-hours) paddling off Quadra Island in a small group (6 people in 3 tandems) with our fabulous guide, Salana! Gorgeous views throughout of pristine water, numerous islands, rocky cliffs, and mountain ranges beyond. We started out at low(er) tide and saw lots of tidal/sea life (purple sea stars, red sea cucumbers, sea urchins, oysters, clams, jumping fish) and seals. After paddling around islands, we stopped for lunch at a rocky beach. On the way back, we hugged the coastline and turned bend approaching seal rock when our guide noticed a number of boats in the distance. We stopped and soon realized why. Straight ahead, two orcas swimming around seal rock. We stopped and watched in amazement for a bit and then we saw the black dorsal fins start heading our way. They came well out of the water twice showing their black & white markings. I finally grabbed my phone and got a few parting shots as they swam by our group. Incredible experience! Highly recommend!Written June 30, 2023
- Everything about the Flow is exactly as described on their website. Brodie and Cristina have created a beautiful, functional space that works so well for everyone; staff and guests. My three friends and I enjoyed every single day, all designed to give us new paddling destinations and experiences. We lucked out with the weather, warm with calm seas! The guides were helpful, hardworking women who made each outing fun and very safe.
And the meals that came out of the kitchen and off the barbecue were delicious *****. I was a delicious meal for the tiny black flies too!
I felt tremendous warmth and acceptance from the whole Flow family.
Magic!Written July 2, 2023
- We fished with Sonny July 2023 and caught big fish all day. After heading over to the mainland and catching two nice keepers right away, and getting to enjoy some of the best scenery ever, we moved back closer to Quadra and pulled in Coho and Chinook all day. Sonny’s local knowledge and expertise made our day massively successful. We’ll come back specifically to fish with Sonny next year.Written July 9, 2023
We had an absolutely fantastic 4 day trip and would highly recommend Orca Dreams to whomever truly wants to experience observing whales at their best in the wild. There are obviously never any guarantees but our host JD’s knowledge and network in the area are the best there is. Luckily Mother Nature was on our side as the weather (mid August) was perfect and whale viewings were abundant. The Orca Dreams friendly staff are knowledgeable ensuring your stay is safe, clean and a whole lot of fun! Not to mention the food is healthy and delicious. Our group was a fun loving perfect mix of families and couples. The schedule is kept light and organized on a daily basis. We liked this laid back approach as it allowed us to choose activities as we pleased. Definitely worth every penny!Written August 18, 2020