Historic Sites • Architectural Buildings
Top Attractions in Lincoln
Military Museums • Points of Interest & Landmarks
Admission tickets from C$15.84
What travellers are saying
- Simply stunning. Whether you are a believer or not, you cannot help but marvel at the scale , condition and grandeur of the Cathedral. Such a beautiful energy and vibe throughout the whole place which seems to shut off 'internal" chatter , I'm sure the prople who designed the building had this in mind . An oasis of calm that gently reminds you to ponder and take stock of where you are heading .The cathedral itself is reached via a steep climb , dotted with lovely independent shops . Throughly reccomendWritten January 16, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The castle walk was great and the audio guide was very informative. The museum was a great lesson in how 19th Prison reforms developed. Best stay on the right side of the law!Written January 27, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing value and extremely interesting. Spent over 2 hours wandering around this museum and thoroughly enjoyed our time. Would definitely recommend a visit.Written January 21, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The main route from the shopping centre to the older part of the city surrounding the Cathedral and Castle (known as Bailgate) is up Steep Hill. A wonderful piece of history with a cobbled surface and quaint shops. But make sure that you are fit before you start! Or at least rest plenty along the way. Your heart is likely to be pumping hard but it is worth the walk.Written January 10, 2023
- Been here a few times the cafe is nice food good and the staff are lovely.. Nice walk around the grounds with a nice view over Lincoln.Written January 24, 2023
- Twilight tour of the house. Superb great opguide. Enjoyed the welcome fizz and mince pie. So interesting and magical. Very imaginative all done by volunteers.Written December 17, 2022
- Had my first Christmas lunch of the year and it was fabulous. A big portion of beautifully home cooked Christmas dinner with all of the trimmings.
Would highly recommend either as a stand alone lunch or part of your visit to Bransby HorsesWritten December 6, 2022
- Tour takes around 1 1/2 hours, depending on how many questions are asked. Excellent tour of this ancient, beautiful building, which is still used for council meetings. Our wonderful guide gave us a potted history of Lincoln generally and the Guildhall specifically, showed us where the old Roman road of Ermine Street was (the High Street right outside) and generally shared his obvious love of Lincoln and its fascinating history with us. you get to see the council chamber, Alderman's office (?), robing room with photos of all the mayors of Lincoln going back a considerable way and also the Treasury where t he city's precious regalia are kept, along with a magnificent sword presented to the city by Richard II and other wonderful objects. To my shame I have forgotten the name of our guide, but he was super - very informative, lively, interested and willing to answer any and all questions. We went last Saturday, when there were two tours, one morning , one afternoon. The tourist office gave us details of the times, but they may be available online. Well worth a visit, we thoroughly enjoyed it.Written January 10, 2023
- Spent a lovely couple of hours perusing the collections on a very cold Sunday afternoon.
The primary exhibition runs through the history of the local area going back to Roman times and beyond and conveys a wealth of fascinating information.
The temporary exhibition whilst we were there was a history of the album cover, displaying key LP artwork over the last 60+ years. Nicely done and helped me further appreciate just how interesting some of these actually are and how they often stand alone as works of art.
Pop along if you can.Written December 16, 2022
- Had four nights here its near to Newark and to Lincoln.
What a lovely place it was so clean it was nice and quiet you can go for a lovely walk around the site or just relax in the hot tub
Would definitely go againWritten January 29, 2023
- We popped in here to ask some questions, which the ladies answered for us. Lots of leaflets and maps of the area. Also lots of gifts. The staff were so nice and very helpful, thank you.Written December 31, 2022
- A truly magical experience for the children. I was so impressed with the small details. The Christmas Experience was something I doubt they would forget. Santa spoke with them for ten minutes, used all of their personal information including teachers names and hobbies, magical bookcase opening suprised even the adults and the choice of toys from Santa's workshop was incredible. I was already impressed then Mrs. Claus helped the kids decorate gingerbread people, wrapped them up to take home. Only downside was the eateries and the time it took to service customers, a great hotdog and doughnut stall would have been awesome in the cold. Feeding the beautiful animals who are clearly happy and well looked after, joining the tractor ride and the air guns with soft balls made a really great day. Thanks to all the joyful and beautiful elves.Written December 22, 2022
- Many visits over the years, they have good event days and they are always well attended which says so much. The staff work very hard keeping the park litter free and welcoming to all ages.Written January 24, 2023
- Has a wonderful visit. Never been anywhere where the volunteers are so friendly and knowledgeable. Very reasonably priced. Even got the chance to go inside a DakotaWritten October 31, 2022
- Really nice centre. Nice indoor play area. Lots of seating. Nice little shop. Toilets clean. Parking only £2. Play area outside.Written June 1, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Lincoln
Lincoln Attractions Information
|Local Time||Wednesday 3:45 AM|