Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Derry
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Walking the Derry Walls is a wonderful experience and well worth a visit. We didn't choose to go on a tour but found lots of interesting information points at several places along the walls. A must do!!Written January 15, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A warm welcome from the families of those who were gunned down awaits you as you enter the museum. It's an interesting thought provoking experienceWritten January 15, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Epic guided tour by Siobhan. I would have loved a wee go on the organ! This place is fascinating. A lot to take in. Good for adultsWritten November 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Visited to see the Peace Heroines exhibit, also went around the main Story of Derry and La Trinidad Valencera exhibitions.
You need a fair bit of time to do these justice, there’s lots to read and loads of audios visual items. Each exhibition was well presented and very informative. At the end there is an interactive room for children which looked very entertaining and educational.
There are super views from the top of the tower which you access on route to the La Trinidad Valencera exhibition.
There is also an item on the Spitfire which was excavated in 2011 as part of the BBC dog for WWII programme.
There is an entrance fee, but the value for money is well worth it.Written January 23, 2023
- It was faster to walk across the bridge to the train than to wait for the bus. The bridge lit up at night is really pretty. The gentle curves of the bridge make it all that more interesting. It's an easy walk and the views towards Derry/Londonderry are great.Written December 6, 2022
- Super informative and helpful staff that helped me make a short visit to the sea on public transport. Great recommendation for a Bloody Sunday historic tour by Bogside Historic Tours. Nice books and souvenirs as well.Written December 10, 2022
- I went in search of my great great grandfather's grave. I approached a group of men working and noticed many oglaigs including Martin mcguiness so it was the republican plot. They were very helpful pointing me in the right direction for my great great grandfather's grave and a cousins who was killed in the 80s. I found the graves then walked to the city centre via free derry corner which with its murals and memorials evokes the areas tumultuous pastWritten December 4, 2022
- Great way to see the compact centre from above and closeby, but the first hand information on recent troubles was very intresting and moving and is key for this experience. We arrived an hour later then agreed and Terry was really kind and waited for us (last tour of the day), very much appreciated and exceptional service !Written August 16, 2022
- We went on a tour of the city walls, shopped on the Diamond and crossed the Peace bridge all in a few hoursWritten August 19, 2022
- Really makes you think about local history and it’s links to international current historic events. Try and park in town centre as parking is limited.Written June 18, 2022
- The art is a must see. . The detail of it is unreal and there are plaques with information on the pictures, some very sad but good to get a insight to the history of derry.Written August 12, 2020
- small shops, a great way to support local business, local crafts and pretty place to be. very friendly people. one shop is a cooperative for local artists. affordable gifts and cards.Written October 30, 2022
- My visit was highlighted by the staff at the cathedral the day I visited. These staff (who are volunteers and parishioners) gave me a tour of the cathedral and chapter house, and one even took time to show me the United States flag that had been donated by US Sailors and Marines during their stay in Londonderry/Derry during World War II. The churchyard is also beautiful, and my wife spent hours taking pictures of its natural beauty.Written October 1, 2022
- We had the pleasure of working with the Millennium Forum to hold a large scale event on 16th & 17th January 2023 - Autism: Belonging & Inclusion in Youthwork Conference. During planning and in the run up to the event communication was prompt and nothing was too much trouble for Paul and the team. Over the two days we found the staff to be super helpful, friendly and more than attentive to the events team as well as speakers/facilitators and delegates. The catering provided was first class as was the technical support. Everyone went above and beyond and we would like to thank management and staff of the Forum for making it such an enjoyable and positive experience for all involved.
Co-operation IrelandWritten January 20, 2023
- Loved it, they have everything, it was so clean and the service is unreal :) , perfect for a weekend away !!Written January 30, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Derry
- The best day trips from Derry according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Private Guided Tour of Causeway Coastal Route
- DAY TOUR: Highlights of Derry and Donegal
- Game of Thrones - Iron Islands & Giant's Causeway from Derry
Derry Attractions Information
|Local Time||Sunday 3:20 AM|