Top Attractions in Mittenwald
What travellers are saying
- The town of Mittenwald is a great little town in Bavaria full of many shops and restaurants. It's a very lively place with many hikers like myself visiting it was an unexpected place to visit for me as it wasn't pre planned it was just on my hiking route. But I. So happy that I discovered this place it will steal your heart. Also close is the gorge with both high walking gantries (not ideal if you don't like heights) there is a lower level part where you can go and see the waterfall though. Would highly recommend visiting this part of the world.Written November 17, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a view!! Having also been to the highest point in Germany, this is about 1km below, but the views do not dissappoint at all compared to Zugspitze. Perhaps offers even vetter views here. Make sure to climb to the very top behind the cabin, that is where the actual views are! The tickets cost 150€ for 4 people. Worth the price.
They have a restaurant with a great view, but the food selection is 3 main courses, not worth the money. Eat somewhere else and enjoy the views here.Written December 20, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fantastic place with a metal walkway built into the side of the gorge giving you the most amazing views. The whole area has been beautifully created with seating and areas of interest for the children.Written August 30, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Just 30min hike with some slopes and stairs from the hotel. Lovely serene setting. So beautiful. Take the route along the brook.Written August 4, 2020
- After walking through the Geisterklamm on a hot day we wanted to go to the Ferchensee for a dive in the water. In the neighbourhood of the lake is no driving and/or parking options because these are all private roads. You can park the car in Mittenwald, some parkings are paid but we found a free parking at the station. Luckily we could find a spot because it was crowded. We had the plan to walk from there to the Ferchensee (about 50 minutes) but by chance we walked along the bus. There are several bus lines that drive to the surrounding lakes. For a couple of euro's per person we bought a return ticket. The bus brought us to the Lautersee in around 10 minutes. From there we walked to the Ferchensee in 15 minutes. It is a nice walk through the forest. The Ferchensee is beautiful with on one side huge mountains and on the other side cosy green hills. It was not crowded at all. Mostly bikers passing through. We found a nice spot on the east side. There are enough grass fields surrounding the lake were you can take a spot. It is all free of charge. The water is quite cold but so beautiful. Also a perfect lake to snorkel especially along the shore. We spend a couple of hours here before walking back and taking the bus from the Lautersee to Mittenwald.Written September 7, 2021
- Since we have several granddaughters who play the violin, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to visit the famous Geigenbau Museum. Stringed instruments have been made in this village for over 300 years. Those who trained here carried their skills throughout Europe. The quaint museum was hard to find, and parking was even harder. We finally parked at a restaurant and made our way on foot. It was worth the effort since we learned and saw so much. We even pretended we were making a violin and got some fun photos. The museum is perhaps of most interest to those who love stringed instruments.Written February 26, 2021
- We walked from the Kranzberg Sessellift parking lot to the summit, which is about 1 to 1 hour 20 min. Unfortunately, it was raining the whole time so we could not enjoy the apparently stunning views from the top. Descending to the Ferchensee was about an hour. It took another hour to get back to parking lot. Fun fact: we wanted to have lunch at the Ferchensee but the monopolist restaurant closes on Fridays 😉. You’d think that post C lockdown there is a certain drive to make money.....well, apparently not. We walked to the next lake, and the two restaurants had already closed their kitchen. We arrived at about 3.30. A third place was actually open but they only offered snacks not real meals. Running family gag: they make it so hard to spend money.....Written July 17, 2020
- The Roman Catholic parish church of St. Peter and Paul is the landmark in central Mittenwald.
The church dates back to tje 14th century, however, the current building was built during the first half of the 18th century in late baroque style.
Awesome frescoes inside the church, make a visit definitely recommendable.
Admission is free, but a (small) donation will always be appreciated.Written October 7, 2020
- We did this route after walking up one side and down via Ferchensee. Nice walk down stepped area. Waterfall was nice, views into the village also good .Written July 22, 2016
- Firstly i havent a clue what Alyona is on about, the resort has standard T Bar lifts and one training button lift which my 5 year old can manage!
The area is very small so not a resort for adults but for our 2 begginer kids it was just right especially the kinder park which was perfect for them to learn.
We booked private lessons at 315 euros for 3 x 2 hour lessons for 2 kids, not cheap but much better value than group lessons.
I did manage to find a black run, although it was less challenging than some reds i have tried elsewhere. The bump run in between the red and the black was fun but short.
If you have visited sime of the best resorts in Europe and expect the same here, you will be disappointed, but come for a fun family ski and you'll have a great time.Written February 16, 2013
- Reasonably priced miniature golf conveniently located near the business and restaurant district of Mittenwald. Great low key way to spend a couple hours.Written November 13, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Mittenwald
- The best day trips from Mittenwald according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Comfort Mini-Van & Professional and FRiENDLY Guide: CUSTOMIZED 1-DAY TOUR from Munich
- Comfort Minivan & Profess. and FRiENDLY Guide: CUSTOMiZED TOURS from Garmisch-P.
- MY * GUiDE EXCLUSiVE PANORAMA alpine tour to INNSBRUCK (/ Swarovski) from Munich
- Daytour from Garmisch to Innsbruck, private driver, private guide
- Magical CHRiSTMAS MARKETS: Innsbruck & BEST OF Tyrol EXCLUSiVE TOUR from Munich
Mittenwald Attractions Information
|Local Time||Friday 3:26 AM|