Top Attractions in Dortmund
What travellers are saying
- this experience to watch football here is great especially when the nighty manchester city were playing , the place is well organised and very pleasant for entry to staduimWritten October 31, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We loved this park. It is so beautiful and tranquil and yet was very family orientated too. We arrived on a Monday and many of the restaurants were closed. Only one was open. We walked around for hours and relaxed in the lovely Japanese garden section. Well worth a visit but as with many places in Dortmund, it only takes cash.Written June 3, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Zeche Zollen in Bövinghausen, Dortmund is a very interesting museum. It details the history of coal mining in the Ruhrpott. The climb up the pit head wheel gives great views of the city. It is thoroughly interesting, very informative and is worth spending at least half a day looking around. Easy to get to, great value and a fantastic way to spend a Sunday. The on site restaurant is also worth a visit in its own right.Written September 13, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Leave loads of time to explore as this has a vast display of memorabilia. Very helpful staff at ticket booth. Lockers available to store bags and coats.
Most displays are labelled in German and English including interactive parts.Written October 27, 2022
- It's a nice place for a walk or for a ride with the bikes. The gardens are amazing during the spring and summer!Written July 20, 2022
- The tower has a nice observation deck with great views. However Dortmund doesn't really have many sights or landmarks.Written August 16, 2019
- This museum is very interactive and has things for all ages. My only complaint would be the fact pretty much everything was written in German with no translations. It's free to visit and very close to the S-Bahn so worth a visit if you have a few hours spare.Written June 6, 2022
- FASNTASTIC Museum but the man on reception was dreadful with such a poor attitude - really let the side down. Very abrupt and hostile - was far too busy watching films on his mobile phone at the main desk and barking order - visited 28th November. The other security/staff were lovely but it did spoil the experience somewhat.
The exhibits are wonderfully arranged and of interest to all agesWritten November 29, 2022
- Myself and my husband visited Dortmund for the Christmas market and stayed in a nearby hotel for 3 nights. The market is big with many stalls, food venders and drinking areas. The only thing I found that was lacking was music, none of the drinking stands had any music playing what so ever which I found odd. There was a stage though which had some artist playing but was only early on in the day. The food was excellent and very good value. We ate there each day having the bratwurst, curry wurst and crepes. We also had the beers and mulled wine which where very cheap and went down well! We had a go on the big wheel which was a lot of fun and got a lovely view of the town. Would recommend this a visitWritten January 2, 2019
- I visited the Zoo last April.
It is a nice zoo with a good variety of animals.
It is recommended to visit.
I may visit again.Written July 17, 2019
- it not sufficiant to speak german. you must understand "ruhrpott-language" if you do, you will enjoyWritten November 25, 2013
- Good variety of shops and a great location. Parking available too. Really appreciated the food court - lots of halal food options. Good quality food and decently priced.Written November 26, 2022
- Nice place and all around the area was full with shop and many store and the price was cheap.
Some shop don’t accept the card from another countries so you should have some cash with you in emergencyWritten August 4, 2019
- The site of the former steelworks site of Hoesch and Thyssen Krupp until 1998, then the whole plant was shipped to China. The site was then cleaned up and excavated to form a lake for pleasure and fishing, the site was then developed into (rather expensive) housing and commercial centre. It's a lovely place for a walk and a bit to eat. During work there ruins from the 12th century castle of Hoerde were uncovered.Written November 1, 2019
- Whilst in Dortmund for the football we visited twice to sample their beers. Good beer, well priced and nice venue.Written February 17, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Dortmund
Dortmund Attractions Information
|Local Time||Friday 8:28 p.m.|