- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
440 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 440
What travellers are saying
- The art of elegance has captured my heart ,just entering this store! Amazing products ,little things that gives your home a glance of minimalism or tradiotional decor notes .The owner welcomes you with a big smile and helps you to choose gifts for you and your friends.
Worth to visit , highly reccomented !!!!Written August 4, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent experience, great quality products at very reasonable prices. Parking is a bit tough sometimes, but worth the trip.Written June 6, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Gorgeous place, extremely unique items and all handmade and beautiful, Highly recommend, definitely recommend stopping by if you are in the area. A nice, off the beaten path place to buy gifts.Written July 7, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What amazing people Giorgis and Mariniki Dalamvelas are. Their workshop in Crete's legendary ceramic center holds pottery treasures you cannot imagine. This was our second trip to Margarites in search of an artisan capable of recreating Minoan pottery. Fate stuck, and we landed back at Kerameion by the suggestion of my friend, who is the Curator at Knossos Palace.
A review here cannot portray accurately the skill, artistry, and dedication of these two wonderful Cretans. They have, in effect, brought back to life a ceramic tradition that was the envy of the ancient world. Take note, their functional works of authentic beauty are not simple recreations, they are new Minoan pieces that perpetuate an incomparable civilization.
If you are on Crete, go here to remember what is possible from the human hard and human hands. A wonderful revisitation, thanks, guys!Written May 23, 2021
- See and hear a local family contributing to the Cretan cultural heritage!
Lovely experience and very warm welcome.
Apart from the unique instruments, you get to see the tools, the manufacturing stages and pictures of the workshop’s founder and meet the current lyra makers.
Well worth the time!
perfect opening hours when everything else closes!Written September 26, 2022
- We found it by chance, near the Catholic church and up some stairs. I see others paid entry but we didn't seem to get asked for any money.
It's an odd assortment of artefacts, nothing too stunning. But worth a look. No explanations in English so treat it as a floor of pot pouri
There's a lady doing stunning embroidery of rural village life scenes. The bigger ones take her 3 months each and they are impressive. All from her imagination she said. It's worth going just to see these piecesWritten July 15, 2019
- If staying locally then definitely worth a visit. Fruit and vegetables on offer where of a good choice and variety. Clothes section may not not be to be everyone’s liking - you get what you pay for if you know what I mean.Written September 7, 2022
- There is lot of small shops and mainly with a leather. I guess if it is made of leather you will find it there. It is crowded but nice and fun and everybody want to sell you something.Written October 10, 2019
- so much fresh local fruit vegetables cheeses olives. when we visit nea chora. we always go to this market. moved from sea front, but only street above and easy to find . clothing, shoes.Written June 24, 2021
- This is in the heart of the historic pedestrian area of the town, the lion fountain is just in front and the Town Hall a few meters away. The art exhibition changes so always something different to see. It is housed in a former basilica.Written October 13, 2018
- This gallery has a variety of beautiful work in different mediums. Niko is incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about Greek art and typifies the regions hospitality. It was just wonderful getting to know him and learning from him. We ended up getting a couple of pieces including a sculpture of an olive tree that we treasure. Euxaristoume Niko!Written August 27, 2014
- Quality products and a beautiful shop. The tinctures are strong and well labeled, and the herbs nicely dried. If I lived nearby I would be a regular customer for sureaWritten February 11, 2020
- Kostas was extremely kind and helpful, he told us many stories and traditions of cretans. He has a great vision of what he does and how, we took a goat home to remind us of Crete. Definitely the best shop in Rethymno!Written July 27, 2019
- Very nice place to shop and to eat street food.
It's close to the port with a great view, you can buy clothes, local food and treats, listen to local music, bags, rags, toys, and more.
I liked it!Written July 29, 2022
- Strange to see this as you drive in or out of Heraklion because it seems out of character with the area. It isn't far from the Port but far enough to be a way from the city (maybe a 5-10 minute drive depending on how bad the traffic is). It isn't very big and doesn't have a great range of stores. I don't think anyone really comes to Greece for the multiplex shopping though right??? (Well this isn't it if you have). Some tour companies use it as an option for you to park your car for the day if you are driving from outside Heraklion to meet them (it has an undercover car park).Written October 11, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Crete