Top Attractions in Portoferraio
What travellers are saying
- We visited at the end of August. A bit busy, but heck, it was delightful. people were friendly, water was perfect, scenery was also perfect!Written March 5, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I'm deeply in love with my beautiful Italy. This is the Elba Island, in Tuscany. Wonderful sea. This island hosted Napoleon during his exile.Written September 11, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Difficult to park close to the beach but with nice sand and a great bar close to the beach.
The water is very shallow so it’s a good place for games in the water and good for small kids.Written July 28, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very nice beach near Portoferraio, chrystal clear water. White stones on the beach,no sand so be prepared an bring a chair.Written May 14, 2018
- Beautiful water on a pebble beach, nice snorkeling area available. Not a very big beach, most is private renting out beach beds and umbrellas.
Only negative is a nice long walk down to the beach (have to go back up later)Written June 28, 2022
- One of the most beautiful beaches on elba island.
There’s a little bar with a fantastic guy how’s the owner who provide us some sunchairs and umbrella in an amazing spot ( really cheap respect the other rental on the island) for lunch we have a delicious ceaser salad and rice salad , I will be back in this little paradise really soon!!Written July 13, 2020
- Good hike despite the warm weather. The castle looks charming especially in late afternoon. Beautiful views from the topWritten September 3, 2020
- This bay is very beautiful, not to far from Portoferairo. The bay has two beaches & beautiful views. There are opportunities to buy food and drinks.Written July 31, 2017
- If you ask me, Seccione is the best beach on Elba ( or one of the best, not to be rude and leave the specular beaches of Elba out).
the acces to the beach is a little bit difficult, people that have problem with stairs should be careful, but once you reach the place is amazing!!Written September 13, 2017
- The place is quite nice, but just pay 4€ for parking which was empty plus another 5 euro to enter. Plce is nice but there are 2 rooms and we cannot see the entire complex. I think is over price and overrated! nice but i think can be better organizedWritten July 8, 2022
- Napoleon's summer house is full of history with paintings and beautiful furnitures of this era. The gardens are exquisite with a sea view on Elba's coast. The office room is also quite fascinating with a good library. It well worth a visit!Written July 28, 2022
- The small hill at Enfola has a very well maintained and well marked path up and around. There are interesting things to see on the hillside, including an old tuna processing plant, and a number of buildings that we repurposed by German soldiers in WW2 to defend the island from attacks from the Allied forces. These include interesting tunnels and gun mounts/turrets.
A lovely side path takes you out and down to the end of the peninsula to the "nave" where you can enjoy gorgeous views of the western side of Elba as well as Corsica in the distance. Looking the other way you can see the fort at Portoferraio as well as the mainland port of Piombino. You'll be able to enjoy sunrise or sunset in total peace here if you choose!
From Enfola beach, up and around the hill as well as out to the tip of the "nave" takes 75-90 minutes. There are a couple of slippery / crumbly sections on the way to the "nave" that mean flip flops are not the best footwear, but otherwise this is a very straightforward walking area.Written July 15, 2017
- Irregular cobble stones and countless steps will only inspire you more to hike through this amazing fortress complex. Incredible views of the city. Highly recommend.Written May 5, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Portoferraio