- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
10 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- The Valle Vigezzo is a beatiful Valley with an entrance in Italy and another in Switzerland. It is a fantastic place both in summer than in Winter. In summer there is a lovery cycling/walking road in the woods that connects most of the villages. The same road in the winter months is a perfect crosscountry ring.
From the valley it is possible with a cable-car to reach La Piana where downhill skiing is possible. In the valley there are many chaming villages.
The altitude is not very high and many vegetation is present, so also in the very hot summer days it is possible to find a spot in the shadow.Written August 22, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This museum catalogs the lives of young children who performed a perilous job, with many dying young. This museum is a must see!!Written September 8, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- As you explore this quaint alpine village, it is well worth the time to go into this wonderful small baroque church which is just off the main plaza. Linger a bit, disconnect from the hustle of your travels. Recognize that the faithful have been worshiping here for many generations.Written October 26, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- S. Maria Maggiore is a very nice place to stop on your trip from Sempione through Val Vigezzo - Centovalli to Locarno.Written July 17, 2016
- The funivia is a modern Cabinovia for 8 peope (4 in Covid time). During a very hot day we went to the Piana. The temperature inside the cabin was really hot, there was a very little air circulation.
The price is not so cheap but absolutely in line with others in Italy.
The Piana is a very nice starting point for walking tours.Written August 22, 2020
- We stopped here with the kids. We didn't get the menu at the table. We got some rosted meat and 3 small beers. When we got the check the 3 small beer were totalling 15 euros, so 4.50 each instead of the 3 euro that was published on the menu inside. When we asked for explanation they said that was the correct value. Check prices before ordining. Not very transparentWritten August 21, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Santa Maria Maggiore
- The most popular things to do in Santa Maria Maggiore with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Vigezzo Valley - The Painters' Valley
- Museo dello Spazzacamino
- Chiesa Parrocchiale di Maria Santissima Assunta
- Funivia Piana di Vigezzo
- Club Ippico Lo Sperone