Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
99 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 99
What travellers are saying
- Stunning medieval properties. Especially nice in December with the Christmas lights and music.
It was cold but its well worth a visit any time of the yearWritten December 15, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- You emerge from the town up a stone staircase to an amazing view along the ramparts and the beautiful gardens below. Lovingly restored you get a feel for how the walls looked in Medieval Times. Imagining a moat where the gardens are.Written September 27, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Jardin des Remparts is a nice garden located just outside the eastern gate of the historic City walls. You can view the garden from the nearby walls and bridges. My wife and I visited the gardens in mid-December and I was amazed at how green everything was. There were no flowers blooming but it was still nice. The gardens are free to walk through and it’s really easy to find.Written December 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Cathedral located at top of old town in centre of Vannes. No entrance fee and guided tours at certain times of day. Magnificently restored cathedral and informative displays including history of St Vincent ..Patron Saint of Vannes. Worth a visit as part of a day in Vannes.Written July 21, 2022
- Small square located in the heart of the old city. Lindissima. Redeada of old wooden buildings, very well preserved and with several cafes and terraces.
I advise you to have a coffee on one of these terraces and enjoy the atmosphereWritten October 5, 2021
- You may be approaching the walled town from the harbor area, and if so it is a welcome treat. You'll find many sail boats and people enjoying the area on a good weather day. This is just another example of the charm of VannesWritten July 21, 2019
- We really liked this little tourist cruise, an original way to visit everything with a very good driverWritten July 18, 2021
- Worth a short drive from Vannes if you are wanting a swim or to visit the coast.
The basin swimming pool is filled with salt water from the sea. The beach area is now smaller, so will get crowded in summer, but the walk around the headland is always pleasant.Written August 5, 2020
- This was our second segway experience, jean-luc was a very good teacher helping us to learn even more about segway riding. What made it an extra special experience as we do not speak hardly any French, His wife Gaby joined us on the tour and translated his instructions to us and was very helpful giving us the history of VannesWritten June 14, 2014
- Along the golf, there are many places with access to water and/or forests providing great means of a relaxing vacation.Written September 6, 2022
- This is a surprisingly good museum for one relatively small. It has some really beautiful exhibits, such as a couple of Coin hoards and an amazing stack of axe heads, displayed as they were found in an interlaced stack. There is lots of information on the exhibits and the region in prehistoric times, some of which is also written in English.
The building itself - Chateau Guillard - is beautiful too and it’s worth standing back from the exhibits and looking at the rooms themselves.
The members of staff we came across were welcoming and friendly and encouraged us to take photos of the rooms and exhibits. A lovely afternoon’s visit.Written June 22, 2019
- This is another little square lined with beautiful pastel painted houses and shops. There is something different t see at every turn.Written August 4, 2019
- This historic town gate leads you into the most delightful medieval; town centre I have ever seen.
The timber buildings are very well preserved.Written August 4, 2019
- We were lucky enough to fall on this market by accident (Market days are Wednesday and Saturday). It is an extensive, bustling market groaning with top-notch produce. Do go if you get the chance!Written July 22, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Vannes
Vannes Attractions Information
|Local Time||Wednesday 2:12 p.m.|