Top Attractions in Oberstaufen
What travellers are saying
- Great day out for the family! Easy walks, well signposted. Good for all abilities including families with buggies.Written June 28, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Absolutely stunning! Great hike and amazing waterfall! When in the area you must go there! But you can only go there if you're fit and healthy otherwise it's to hardWritten March 30, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This place is a mix, so you take your choice:
* Hiking: There is a variety of possible tours from 30 minutes to 3,5 hours. We chose to go down hill on a detour for about 1 hour with our kids. A very nice hike, passing some nice old farms
* Summer bob coaster: There is a place where you can enjoy this and our kids loved it. We got a ticket for 10 rides for them and they did not want to stop speeding downhill. This is not a very big place, but the owners are very friendly and helpful and everything is in good condition.
* Cable car: You can take the cable lift to get up the hill. It is very modern and you get a beautiful view over the mountains. There is a little restaurant at the top that offers excellent regional dishes. Worth a visit. Careful: Cash only! Try the Apfelstrudel or their Kaiserschmarrn. Delicious.
Best come here holding an "Oberstaufen Card", which gives you a free transport up and down the mountain and in addition you have 1 ride per hour for free on the bob coaster. You can also play minigolf, but we found this little tempting. All in all good for smaller kids.Written October 24, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lots to see relating to life in the local area. Housed in a traditional Bavarian building. Certainly worth a visit if staying local.Written May 26, 2019
- You can't miss stepping into this chapel which dates from the year 817. There are old drawings on the wall depicting Biblical scenes, and saints. The walk beginning at Oberstaufen ( Kurhaus Parkplatz), Schwarzenbachrunde 7.2 km is lovely and easy and will take you to this chapel.Written September 20, 2019
- This is a wonderful shop featuring a largel assortment of cheeses. The owner speaks very good English. Thank goodness I did not have to try to figure out how to say vacuum pack please in German. Her recommendations were accompanied with samples. I bought high Alps cow cheese. Also sold are meats, wine and other assorted products, like mustard. Coffee, tea, and other beverages are available, and there is a place to sit and enjoy them.Written June 18, 2017
- went during our vaccation in the area also for a swimm
the Aquaria certainly has seen their best days, but having said this - they have a good mix of activities througgout all / most age breaks - we went ther with kids from 4 - 9.
even the adults had their fun.
place is clean, you can use the cafeteria with no cash, anything you buy will be deducted from your token and you pay when you leave. plenty of parking for the car. not overcrowded (we were there early september) and also too cold to enjoy the outdoor areaWritten September 23, 2018
- Very nice place where having beer, watching a football match and eating very good and well prepared dishes.Written January 19, 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about Oberstaufen
- The best day trips from Oberstaufen according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Private Guided Day Trip to Castle Neuschwanstein incl. Carriage Horse Ride
- Day trip to the island of Mainau with highlights on Lake Constance from / to Oberstaufen
- Day tour Insel Lindau with city tour and Bregenz floating stage & cable car Pfänder
- Day tour Rhine Falls from Schaffhausen with Stein am Rhein and a visit to Constance
- Explore the Säntis Panorama (2502 m) and Appenzell incl. Swiss Chocolatier
- The most popular things to do in Oberstaufen with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Oberstaufen on Tripadvisor