Speciality Museums • Mines
Top Attractions in Goslar
What travellers are saying
- I'm divided about this place, mainly because I don't feel that the museum knows what to focus on - the mine or everything around the mine. With this I mean that the mine, the machines, the buildings are more or less totally ignored. No signs in English but a few in German. But most displays and signs (in German) explains about the displays, which has little to do with the actaul mine, but are put in the room. The only way to learn something about the mine is to go on a guided tour. But due to the aftermath of covid, the tours advertised to be bookable in English are not operational. You can only join a german tour and make the best of it. This also shows the biggest problem with this site - the lack or signs in any other langauge than German. It would have helped sooooo much. Improvment that needs to be done is:
1. Signs in English where therea are signs i German
2. Signs at all explaining the mining equipment left behind.
3. Get the english guided tours running again. At my tour 20% of the guests where not German speaking...
But you should still visit this place. It looks amazing from the outside and it is interesting to go into the mine even if you don't understand what they are saying.Written August 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very nice town center with old architecture, fountain Anne sculpture. The whole town is interesting to explore. So much history and friendly people.Written August 21, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Imperial Palace of Goslar (Kaiserpfalz) is a very surprising place. Small yet great and mystical. The Kaiserpfalz consists of the following buildings: the Kaiserhaus, the Collegiate Church of St. Simon and St. Jude, the The Cathedral Porch, the Chapel of St. Ulrich and the Church of Our Lady.Written November 8, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's a very beautiful wooden church. Inside there's an interesting explanation. It's very easy to find the church. There are lots of signs.Written July 4, 2022
- We have done this walk several times and really enjoy the nature and the view over the lakes. Here is quiet and nice and you can take different sidepaths either to shorten your walk or to see other parts of the forrested area and the mountain Bocksberg. This is great for walking any time of the year.Written July 28, 2020
- Make sure you climb the tower while you are there! Great views of the town and the surrounding area.
I've been there three times during three different seasons.Written July 4, 2019
- Off the beaten track and mostly overlooked this small musuem just off the main market square in Goslar has a unique cure and colorful figures of many tin painted in colors and put in many historic story of Goslar town history. But the most impressive ones here for us are many painted tin figures in many famous folktale stories of Germany including the red hat lady, snow white and seven dwarfs.Written September 18, 2019
- In the center of Goslar at the town square we have listened to the bells and look at the figures moveing. It tells a little story about the history of the Harz and how the wealth came here from hard working mining people. Not all benefitted from the wealth digged out of the mountains. I think the bells with show play 9, 12, 15 and 18.00 o'clock.Written July 28, 2020
- This large half-timbered house belonged to the ancestors of Siemens family who founded and operate the International famous brand Siemen. It looks very impressive outside with delicate decorations for the half-timbered house. The location and a walk to this house is also lovely and you will pass lots of charming old timbered houses.Written September 18, 2019
- We were surprised by these towers, we were just walking and discovered them. Part of the old walls of the historic city of Goslar.Written February 11, 2019
- Collect maps and do the town walk of Goslar. It's all there. Service was helpful. We enjoyed our day in Goslar.Written August 5, 2020
- Best thing with Hahnenklee is that it is small and with no through trafic. Nature is literally just next-door.Written November 7, 2019
- This Abbey Church is a bit east outside town but worth a visit.
The architecture is simple but wonderful, in- as well as outside. It has a small chapel, small museum and a restaurant in the near vicinity. Also the surrounding is beautiful.Written January 19, 2017
- I agree with the previous reviewer -- the video is old fashioned to the point of being laughable. The moving chairs and mist adds nothing to the experience. Even the story is laughable-- why did the knight Ramm not bring the deer he had killed with him back to the king? This is silly. It's a waste of time and money, really.Written December 25, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Goslar
- The best outdoor activities in Goslar according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Liebesbank Trail
- Hahnenklee Kur- und Wanderort
- Herzberger Teich
- Der Harly - erlebenswertes Wander- und Naturschutzgebiet
- The most popular things to do in Goslar with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Liebesbank Trail
- Weltkulturerbe Rammelsberg Museum & Besucherbergwerk
- Glocken- und Figurenspiel am Markt
- Zinnfiguren-Museum Goslar