- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
51 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 51
What travellers are saying
- It's a pretty little old town area with cobble stone street and candy can striped buildings. It made for a causal stroll on a Sunday afternoon. Not much open which was nice, keeping foot traffic down.Written November 25, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- All the Leica history exist in this complex, it is amazing what you can see there, the museum, the factory, the exhibition building and the amazing Leica Hotel. I will visit for sure again as soon as possible I can.Written May 30, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The building the history in the centre of Wetzlar is just awesome. Small village with nice and kind people are living there.Written November 15, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lovely bridge connecting old and (somewhat) new town. Lovely views all around. Check out the waterfowl lounging in the middle of the river!Written September 6, 2019
- Like every shoppingmall of the countrywide chain, this mall features nearly every important brand in Germany as well as local sellers.Written August 10, 2016
- Apparently a female Doctor, rare in the early 20th century, traveled and acquired 450 of exceptional period pieces, arranged room by room, according to their country of origin. Shopping alone had to have been a special undertaking, and this Doctor, a Pediatrician, apparently worked quite hard to enable the purchases. Being an Architect, who has taught Interior Design, I was most impressed, and welcome this opportunity to give credit where it has been especially earned. The Doctor's name was Irmgard Freiin von Lemmers-Danforth. The collection is stunning, and was the high point of a Museum tourmofmthe Old City of Metzlar.Written June 16, 2013
- Much more natural and organic
Normal tourist information office for Germany. Located on the square in front of the Cathedral. Attentive and helpful employees. The abundance of brochures and other printed information. Bureau arranges tours over Wetzlar and the surrounding area. Maintains relationships with hotels and can assist tourists in their accommodation for the night. I do not exclude that you can leave your luggage there for a couple hours, if you came with the aim just to walk in Wetzlar. However, it works on Sunday too, what in Germany isn’t found everywhere. But its main peculiarity lies in the fact that in this building until 1911 was located Wetzlar town hall. Honestly speaking, visually present town hall is noticeably inferior to its predecessor. It's too ordinary and mediocre. In my opinion, this building looks much more natural and organic in the overall appearance of the square.Written September 12, 2016
- Nothing is really original to the house anymore, but they have doen a nice job of reconstructing a typical house of the time and it is an interesting little place. They won't let you take pictures (which is annoying since it isn't authentic stuff), but it was a little bit better than average in terms of these kinds of things, and if you are interested in Goethe, then it is a bit of a cheap thrill to visit.Written July 9, 2017
- You have to visit the tower to have a look over Wetzlar, the old Goethe town. Go there when the weather is nice and you will be happy to have a very wide panorama viewWritten November 20, 2016
- a small and cozy place, not crowed, but there are some things to see.
Wetzlar is famous for the Leica so there are also a exhibition for the Leica.Written September 21, 2015
Frequently Asked Questions about Wetzlar
- The best outdoor activities in Wetzlar according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Wetzlar on Tripadvisor
- The most popular things to do in Wetzlar with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Wetzlar on Tripadvisor