Ancient Ruins • Religious Sites
Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Dingle
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- When we read about the Gallarus Oratory before our trip, we weren't sure it was worth a visit. It seemed so simple. But seeing it in person is a powerful experience -- just to see the incredible care and skill of the builders. The stones fit together marvellously, and the structure is still water-tight after hundreds of years.
As others have noted, the man in charge of admissions at the site was very kind and informative.Written November 4, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- 4 adults and 3 young kids really enjoyed it.
Staff were great also and kept us updated on what feeding/activity was coming up.
All creatures looked very happy and place was clean n kept really well.Written November 6, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This place will never leave me. An easy, charming walk to the top, and when I crested the hilltop, I just teared up with joy. The oqnweaWritten December 9, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing beach! The best during off season! We had our visit on 13-Dec around noon.. with nobody around but just our group! The location, weather and the path to reach this beach is beautiful! Must visit if you are around Killarney!Written December 15, 2022
- Dingle is one of my favourite Irish towns. The harbour has many working fishing boats, is well-lit and safe to walk around. Many of the boats are colourful - great photo ops.Written November 15, 2022
- While in Dingle, I strongly urge you to attend one of Eoin Duignan's Seasonal Concert Series at St. James Church. He has the most amazing musicians join him and you will get to hear traditional Irish music in a beautiful setting. I cannot say enough about this concert series. It is inspiring and wonderful.Written September 4, 2022
- Not a grand cathedral but a lovely country church. Linger to take in the art work a short walk up the hill.Written December 25, 2022
- I was in Dingle as part of an Overland Ireland tour and had time to wander. Came across The Carol Cronin Gallery set back from the street a bit just after 6 pm on a Saturday night. Though the lights were out there was still enough daylight to see a super seascape in the main gallery window. The wave edging was exquisite and I was sorry not to have arrived sooner to see the other paintings. After a few minutes viewing, I turned to go, but Carol opened the door on her way out and was kind enough to let me in to see her other paintings. She was delighted to talk about her work, and her paintings were wonderful and one of the highlights of the town and trip. Extraordinary painter and seascapes. Check out her .com website under her name and you'll see why she and her gallery deserve a visit and five star reviews.Written November 1, 2022
- Myself & my husband totally enjoyed our tour of the dingle distillery this morning. We found our tour guide so interesting & friendlyWritten September 16, 2020
- This was a very cool stop to explore the beehive huts, scenery and nearby farm animals. Be sure to stop in for a short visit if in the area.Written October 3, 2022
- If you are in Dingle I would definitely recommend a visit to St. Mary's Church to see the stain glass windows designed by Harry Clarke. Beautiful grounds too.Written August 24, 2022
- The Irish Famine Cottages located here are a rustic memorial as a reminder of the tragedy of the famines. These cottages are becoming more rare in Ireland as many have been demolished due to lack of care and to make room for more modern structures. The main cottage here was built in the 1840's, it is an example of one of the earliest slated roofs on a cottage.
This is also a site of a small animal park, the animals were very friendly.Written November 4, 2022
- Minard Castle is a bit out of the way and yes, you have to drive down a very narrow road (that would be quite challenging with lots of traffic)...but this place is great, and having something all to yourself is magical! I only met a couple cars on the drive down and back to the main road. It's a very cool place though, my only regret is the time of day I was there...it was around 2pm and the lighting was very harsh to get good photos. I bet it would be great in the morning (including sunrise) and maybe late afternoon/sunset. Worth a visit if you're trying to get off the beaten path!Written June 3, 2022
- We were a large group of 24 that called to Dick Macs, Aussie gave us a sample of some of their different types of beer. Beautiful. Great host and a very friendly atmosphere. The highlight of the trip came when Laura gave us a tour of the brewhouse. She was very passionate about the business and spoke about the importance of supporting local. Laura's enthusiasm alone would make you want to come back and continue to support such a lovely business.Written May 17, 2022
- Shelves were filled with mostly routine tourist information. What I mean is that some "out of the way" places were not included in brochures. In fairness, we did not ask the staff for any of that information.Written May 29, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Dingle
- The best day trips from Dingle according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Full-Day Tour of the Dingle Peninsula, Slea Head, and Inch Beach
- Ring of Kerry Day Tour from Killarney: Including Killarney National Park
- Dingle Peninsula Day Tour from Cork: Including The Wild Altanic Way
- Private tour of Dingle and Slea Head with accredited guide
- Killarney Super Saver: Dingle and Slea Head Day Trip plus Ring of Kerry and Killarney Lakes Day Trip
- The most popular things to do in Dingle with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Eask Tower
- Coumeenoole Beach
- Dingle Sea Safari
- Dingle Bay Speed Boat Tours & Great Blasket Island Experience
- Irish Adventures