Popular Cities in San Andres and Providencia Department
Book these experiences for a close-up look at San Andres and Providencia Department.
Top Attractions in San Andres and Providencia Department
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- So beautiful really enjoyed the food and the amazing water and snorkeling. You can't bring beverages so plan accordinglyWritten December 2, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very nice beach, a little crowded but worth going to the island using a line that connects to the mainland. There are lockers that can be used to store your be,ongoing. Definitely worth the stop.Written October 6, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great place. Clear water (it has 7 colors and cristal clear). Perfect for snorkeling (buy a good one, if you already don’t have yours). You can spend 5 to 6 hours easily in the two islands. We did swim with sharks (small), streak mantas and several fish of all colors. Amazing.
Down side: 1) take some sneaks with you to spend the day; and 2) the people (bit crowed when we went).
Price of the ride $ and food in the island $$$$ (it’s not good - awful cost vs benefits)Written October 25, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Cayo Bolivar is the recent name of this atoll, which is also known as East Southeast Cay, or Court Town Cay. It's only 18 nautical miles from San Andrés Island. You can only get there by boat, but it is no longer accessible to tourists due to uncontrolled visits that put a lot of pressure on this fragile ecosystem.
There are three main cays or islands and they a nesting site for a variety of oceanic seabirds as well as turtles. Now a days it is only visited by local fishermen and residents of San Andrés.Written December 9, 2018
- This place is a very nice place, with a good weather you can enjoy the place at 100%.
My parents lovet it, easy to find some icecreams ! .Written January 11, 2022
- I was there with 2 friends and had an awesome time. There are 2 diving boards to choose from, a slide and a lower rock to jump from. The water is crystal clear and warm. Spend a day here and have fun you will definitely enjoy itWritten January 31, 2023
- Wade out to this little island in crystal clear water and sugar white sand - takes about 15 minutes and then reward yourself with an ice cold beer, rum drink, or tasty Coco Loco !Written March 6, 2020
- This downtown beach is great for everything: bathing, sunbathing, easy to reach restaurants. Quite organized. You can rent tents and chairs. Quite safe, my sister did an experiment. They left hotel towels and some clothing there for more than 6 hours and nobody touched. It is fun place to be.Written July 21, 2022
- you must see this tiny island from paradise. we took a boat right from the restaurant but you can take a caiac or a paddle board.Written December 4, 2020
- Our guide Leonardo gave us a wonderful introduction to the medicinal plants along the route to the Peak, and treated us to great stories of island residents past and present (including a couple of German soldiers who set up a homestead that eventually failed in the area of the park). Get to the top and you'll see all the fabulous shades of blue in the tranquil seas of Providence, which has thankfully preserved its rustic ways.Written January 7, 2020
- We dove for three days and had to spend a day on land before flying out. We drove around the island in a golf cart and stopped here. I think it was around $3 admission and the Free tour was worth it. The best part was going up in the tower for the view. For more details and photos visit etbtravelphotographyWritten March 8, 2018
- We received a warm welcome upon arriving and were shown a variety of different areas, including the tamarind tree where the first priest gave lessons and the main church complex. They had some historical items and shared the history of the church which was really interesting. We climbed the church's tower, which involved some steep stairs and the view of the sunset and surrounding island was stunning. It was a short trip (doable in 30 minutes) but a nice interlude from the beaches.Written January 9, 2021
- Its a must visit!
One of the best beaches in Colombia, getting here is not hard but you need to ask the locals. They also have the best restaurant in the island here Devino Nino Jesus!Written February 16, 2018
- An absolute must if you go to San Andres! Take the Satena flight over and visit this less visited tropical paradise! Cangrejo Cay is absolutely beautiful!!!🌴🌴The snorkeling was fantastic and the views breathtaking!! Go earlier in the day as it tends to get more crowded in the afternoon.Written February 7, 2020
- It's a small island that can be reached by walking through the small "Los Enamorados" bridge from downtown Providencia. This island is not very urbanized, so you can get in touch with a true natural environment. I recommend walking to Morgan’s Head, a big human-head-shaped rock named after pirate Henry Morgan. On your way to this place (about an hour if you take the time to contemplate and, why not, take pictures) you will get to appreciate the natural beauty of this island: pristine waters, palm trees, tropical forests and local fauna.Written July 30, 2016
Frequently Asked Questions about San Andres and Providencia Department
- The best day trips from San Andres and Providencia Department according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Tour to Johnny Cay, Aquarium, Haynes Cay and Mangroves,
- Tour to Cayo Johnny Mangrove Aquarium and Cayo Haynes Cay
- Full Day Private Boat Tour in San Andres Islands
- The most popular things to do in San Andres and Providencia Department with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Felo Divers
- Kraken Diver San Andrés
- Ocean House Dive Center
- Centro De Buceo Narval
- Crab Cay-Cayo Cangrejo
San Andres and Providencia Department Attractions Information
|Local Time||Friday 9:03 AM|