Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Pupukea
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Parking is nightmarish and the climb into the lagoon is hard but it’s sooo worth it. So many exotic and colorful fish. Amazed the entire family. I recommend a life jacket for younger kids as it does get deeper in parts. Make sure to go all the way in back to see the cave. We brought a tent which really helped with shade on the beach.Written November 25, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Absolutely breathtaking! Road to get there is packed and not the greatest but way cool once you get there. Waves are HUGE with best viewing from Sunset Park (I think that was the name). Do NOT swim here! The surf is far too strong for anyone. Bravo to those surfers who take it on!Written January 2, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We scouted out a North Shore beach before luau at Waimea Valley and kind of randomly chose this one. So happy we did! It was by far our favorite beach of our Oahu adventure after visiting about 7 others including Lanikai and Kailua. It just felt so … vast and overwhelming! The surf was strong and only my kids ventured in to swim. There was a lifeguard on duty though. I know that summer is not the time for the big waves or the surfers but you only needed to use your imagination to envision what it’s like when the surfing competitions are in full force in the winter months. It was funny to see how many people walked up , took a gander at the surf and then left after taking the requisite pictures or videos. The beach was actually pretty empty for those of us who chose to stay a while. We actually considered making the trek back up to the beach from Honolulu on another day but then decided against it—that was how much we liked it. If you have the chance, make plans to visit!Written July 4, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This was the second heiau we visited on O’ahu, and this was much bigger and better than the one near Kailua. The view from the top overlooking Waimea Bay is fabulous, and the history of the heiau is interesting. The road going up is a little tight with many speed bumps, but it won’t take more than 20 or 30 minutes round trip from the Kamehameha Highway to visit.Written July 21, 2019
- This was a fabulous place for some snorkelling - lovely and calm, not too deep. I was lucky enough to see turtles and loads of different fish.Written September 5, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Pupukea
- The best outdoor activities in Pupukea according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Pupukea on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Pupukea according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Tour of North Shore & Sightseeing
- Full day Island Rainbow Circle Island Tour with Snorkeling
- Full-Day North Shore Activities Tour from Oahu
- Grand Circle around the Island Tour
- Small Group North Shore Circle Island Tour
- The most popular things to do in Pupukea with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Pupukea on Tripadvisor
Pupukea Attractions Information
|Local Time||Wednesday 12:59 PM|