Top Attractions in Tiruvannamalai
What travellers are saying
- One of the greatest Sivan temples and very powerful deity The temple is huge and need atleast two days to explore the whole templeWritten August 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Mt. Arunachala is considered the mountain that desolves the ego. To be there and feel the vibration is an amazing experience that is a must for the one seeking to let go of the ego. It was the place of the holy man, Ramana and the Ashram that is build in his memory is a place where a lot of spiritual activity is happening year round.Written March 13, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A serene place to rouse spiritual senses and polish and purify our soul.
Seshadri swamigal enlightened his devotees and disciples from this place.Written July 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is the second lingam temple in the Girivalam of Thiruvannamalai.Supposed yo be installed by Lord Agni himself and in the cardinal direction of south east and the dominant Navagraha is Chandran. Praying here helps in removal of fearWritten March 7, 2020
- Yogi Ram Suratkumar Ashram is one of the three major ashrams in Thiruvannamalai. It is a large and serene place with a spacious meditation room,a school and guest houses. One can also join in the prayers. definitely worth visitingWritten August 31, 2022
- This lingam supposed to have been installed by Niruthi, the king of giants.The cardinal direction is south west and the Navagraha associated is Raghu.By praying here one can get fame and also issueless will get issuesWritten March 7, 2020
- Dedicated to the water God , Varuna ,this lingam lies in the girivalam path . Very scenic , beautiful and peaceful. One can meditate here .Written August 7, 2019
- Spent along time rummaging-was fun.Bought some stones .Just bang opposite Ramana . We lsot our way finding it but it was worth it.Liked the bowlsWritten August 12, 2019
- Actually we planned for two days trip. Our choice is a hill station that is nearer to Chennai. We searched a lot and finally got the place Jawadhu hills. It is located in the Eastern Ghats in Tamil Nadu about 75 kms from Tiruvannamalai. It is a 5 hours travel from Chennai ,(about 230 kms).
Our plan was to stay for a night , relax and enjoy chill weather on day one. Komutteri lake Park and Beema falls was our second day plan.
Then we booked a cottage, which does not available in online booking sites, to stay there. We got it through a youtube travelog “essence world” and the cottage is in Perumuttam.
Here are the contact details for you:
KVM Hills cottage, Perumuttam.
9994417788 , 94132241653
Please contact to book a room in advance and they have only 3 cottages. Good for family with Kids and even for group of guys. They even cook and serve food.
We started from Chennai around 8:30 a.m. by car in sunny day of January 2020. After 10 a.m. we made small halt and had coffee. Then we finished our lunch in a small road side hotel before riding up hills through Chengam road as it is shortest route to reach Perumuttam cottage. It is better to bring lunch from home, because no big hotels there.
Our adventurous ride started here. Already we knew about hairpin bends ( about three to four and manageable) but we didn't aware of steep and narrow road that is good for a single car. Even there was no barrier on the left side of the road, and the left side slope is very steep. Slow and steady driving is best. We saw many bike riders on the way. But fortunately, we didn't face any car opposite to us. On rainy season do not ride up hills, soil erosion would be there. It was nearly 1 hour travel to ride up to Perumuttam. Perumuttam is a tiny village and does not have a shops either
Some local people guided us to KVM cottage as there was no phone signals to use google maps. Only three cottages were there. Wonderful place, we haven’t seen a place like this. They had ducks, hen, turkey, goat and colourful flower plants around the cottage. After relaxing for an hour, we were playing badminton, cricket and caram. They had all the sports equipments and a small swimming pool was also there. Then we went for a walk around the village area. That was really awesome and my kids liked it very much.
The manager and the servants were very friendly and arranged campfire for us. The food, which they prepared for us, was simple and good.
Next day we went to Komutteri lake Park, which is located in Jamunamarathur that is a small town and have few hotels. For this, we were riding down from Perumuttam for an hour. This route is really good. Travelling through dense forest was so thrilling and road was also good. In lake Park, we had boat ride for 30 minutes . Then we went to Beema falls. Here the road was very narrow and little crowded during week-ends. We had great time there. Again we rode down from falls. On the way, we saw Vainu Bappu Telescope in Kavalur, which is second largest telescope in Asia. It is open on Saturdays for public after 6 pm. We could not make that as we were running out of time. We reached Chennai around 10 pm through Ranipet, Kanchipuram route.
Hope this helps for your plan to a week-end.Written February 18, 2020
- This is one of the best swimming pools I have visited. This swimming pool looks like an amoeba (without any perfect shape). The water is clean and maintained well. Very good pool in the city.Written April 6, 2017
- good center for artists and photographers to gather; includes studio of photographer Abul kalam azad; comfortable residency studio guest house for photographers and artists to stay and create; publishes photo-books; small art store with exclusive art merchandise; professional; organises regular international and national film screenings; opportunity to volunteer in public photo-art projects and government schools;Written January 29, 2016
- good temple or devotees and old age people who loves old temples. nice place and very calm gives peaceWritten June 22, 2017
- Saran is a blesses soul. His interest and knowledge in spirituality will be a treat to all the visitorsWritten September 8, 2021
- We had an unforgettable 2-day spiritual experience with Ashok Kumar. The first day, very early morning, we went for a tour around the Mt Arunachala, visiting several historical temples. The second day, he took us on his motorcycle for a pilgrimage to the Arunachalesvara temple and then for a long spiritual walk on a trail on the Mt Arunachala.Written January 23, 2020
- Sakthi is a pure angel! You will be foolish not to take this man up as your all-in-one guide and companion too.
He knows the village in and out, speaks perfect English and will go above and beyond to make you have a well informed and safe stay full of adventure!
Be sure to book him, you will only be delighted!
Alan JamesWritten July 16, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Tiruvannamalai
- The best day trips from Tiruvannamalai according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Tiru Arunachala Tours - Tiruvannamalai Tour Guide
- Day trip to Tiruvannamalai Temple &Sri Ramana Ashram from Pondicherry with lunch
- Day trip to Tiruvannamalai Temple and Sri Ramana Ashram from Pondicherry
- The most popular things to do in Tiruvannamalai with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Tiruvannamalai on Tripadvisor