Popular things to do
- Mountain Bike Tours
- Cultural Tours
- Historic Sites
- Extreme Sports
- Bus Tours
- Hot Springs & Geysers
- Walking Tours
- Film Tours
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Historical Tours
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Bodies of Water
- 4WD Tours
- Eco Tours
- Hiking Tours
- Kayaking Tours
- Sporting Events
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Likely to Sell Out
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Spa Tours
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Cruises, Sailing & Water Tours
- Theme Parks
- Weddings & Honeymoons
- Family Friendly
Top Attractions in Rotorua
Admission tickets from CA$21.88
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Fantastically beautiful area. The most incredible colours and war water wherever you look. We had the perfect weather and were very lucky to enjoy this impressive landscape. Fantastic colourful terrain.Written January 12, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great few hours here starting off with an excellent guided tour by a tribe member around the school/college, kiwi house and geothermal area before wandering around ourselves. Very informative and pretty quiet out of seasonWritten August 8, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Awesome walks around the forest and amongst the trees. Highly recommend everyone to experience the relaxing walk, day and night lightsWritten August 2, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We loved the fact that people actually live and work in this village.
Enjoyed the show put on.
Make sure you go and do the boardwalk through the geothermal site down the bottom, well worth the walking involved.Written April 14, 2022
- We had the most wonderful day here - two adults and two kids (8 & 11) and we loved this outing. We bought the walk and boat option and it was worth every cent. Highly recommend the deal on Book.me which gave us a huge discount too. The day we did it, the weather was perfect and it made for some amazing images ranging from the geothermal area to the lake by the boat (departure area). Highly recommend!Written July 22, 2022
- I took my son and family here not expecting to enjoy it myself, however I did, it was a very interesting place to visit, we saw Kiwi birds , parrots and many other birds, fish in natural rivers, fish hatcheries, and beautiful plants. Fun water boat trip which I enjoyed several times, it is really nicely done. Bit disappointed in lack of choice in the restaurant but everywhere else was well worth a visit, considering there was 3 generations visiting.Written March 11, 2020
- This is a wonderful idea, well executed and so much fun to visit. We had 3 kids (9-12 years old) with us and we all had fun. The examples displayed by the artwork help you make the most of your visit and the works themselves are cleverly done. We buzzed through the venue quite quickly so if you didn't have much time, you could still get a lot from it and if you wanted to spend loads of time, you very easily could. This is a fantastic activity for those looking to get out of the sun or rain (really good for a wet and windy day) and is fairly unique as an attraction. The gift shop at the end also had a really good variety of items for sale to suit a broad range of budgets. xWritten August 18, 2022
- We didn't know what to expect from our visit but it was a nice place to wonder around. It was well signposted.Written August 8, 2022
- Very clean with beautiful friendly cats. Lots of different spaces and enrichment toys for the cats to choose from.Written July 10, 2022
- The 2 ladies working lastnight (tues 2nd) were very lovely and even gave us extra time in our private pool as it was my partner’s birthdayWritten August 3, 2022
- We absolutely love this place 😁
It’s clean and tidy
The kids loved feeding all the animals and learning about them, loved watching the lions be feed and hearing them roar 🦁Written July 16, 2022
- We sheltered from the rain here during a luge trip. Delicious wines and awesome staff. Would definitely come here again.Written June 11, 2022
- What an awesome facility this is and it must have been so hard during lockdown and traffic light restrictions to just keep going.
Very clean and tidy facilities with a large auditorium to entertain the visitors.
We were only a small crowd today but a very appreciative one. The kids had a ball and audience participation was a lot of fun.
Highlights were pretty much everything on offer and who knew we had so many different breeds of sheep in NZ
Thank you Scott, you are hilarious and we enjoyed the show very much. Get out there fellow kiwis and tour your own backyard.Written April 27, 2022
- A wonderful place for photo opportunities, I have much time as I wished to spend here. Its a vibrant place with much to see and do. Flowers were in bloom and made for picture postcard photos. Will spend more time there the next time I visit RotoruaWritten July 15, 2022
- nice to walk through with no pressure good to sight menus and make a choice before going into a specific resturantWritten August 2, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Rotorua
- The best day trips from Rotorua according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Waitomo Caves & Rotorua Small Group Tour including Te Puia from Auckland
- Hobbiton, Rotorua and Waitomo Caves Day Trip in Luxury Minibus from Auckland
- Rotorua Highlights Small Group Tour with Optional Extra Activities from Auckland
- Rotorua Day Trip from Auckland with Options -
- Hobbiton & Rotorua Small Group Tour including Te Puia from Auckland