Bodies of Water • National Parks
Top Attractions in West Virginia
What travellers are saying
- We have wanted to go here for a long time and were worried that it would be crowded not that it has a National Park designation, but it was not. In fact, we did some hikes where we did not see other people. The views are amazing and the people we met in the area were very friendly. Loved gazing at the bridge, hiking, rafting, swimming and enjoying the history of the area. Great family vacation.Written September 8, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A wonderful place to visit. So much history here. Very well maintained. The National Park Service does an excellent job. Providing the shuttle bus is great. Leaves every 10 minutes and it's a quick ride to lower town. Also a very scenic place.Written September 21, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This museum is very well done and we loved our visit. In fact we wish we could have stayed longer. We arrived around 3 pm so we had about 2 hours but could have easily spent 3-4 hours taking it all in. I have already recommended this to several friends and would definitely return if ever back in the area.Written September 8, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent facility. Well run event. The facilities are state of the art and the parking lot is well designed.Written March 9, 2022
- How many of the Marx toys displayed did I play with 50 years ago! Nostalgia is a strong way to pull in the people.Written August 3, 2022
- I wanted to see the bridge and had no idea that they still let you walk across the bridge. This was a highlight of my trip to Wheeling. They were doing bridge repair, so the bridge was closed to motor vehicles, but we walked across from Wheeling Island to downtown Wheeling. I enjoyed this immensely - the history of the bridge is so interesting. Glad I got to do this.Written September 18, 2022
- There are many things to like about the capitol. It's gorgeous from the outside, there is nearby free parking, and it's an interesting walk around the building.
Yet the interior of the capitol feels cold and sterile. There are empty spaces within the capitol where it feels it's incomplete, as if something, anything, should have painted to reflect the history of West Virginia.
This doesn't mean you shouldn't visit. It's just odd that the grandeur of the exterior isn't supported by the interior banality.Written June 11, 2022
- I love this little park. Lots of families. Berkeley Springs is artsy, and health/wellness oriented, but is getting more expensive. I drive four hours for the Roman Baths, which were recently renovated with new tile and new bathrooms. Great private soaking. Always family-friendly so please people, don't get overly romantic. There is complete privacy so you can bathe naked but I always wear a swimsuit just to keep thing sanitary for everyone else. The outdoor pool looks nice but there are only ladders to get in and out and my arthritis doesn't allow that so I can't use the swimming pool. Likewise I can't step into the wading areas, but they look great. I enjoy sitting on the many benches in the shade. Somehow it's always pleasant even on the hottest days. I love this place. Be sure to tip generously, this is the locals livelihood.Written August 3, 2022
- Great show. Fast paced, great costumes. Talented performers. The meal was good - plenty of food. excellent service.Written September 24, 2022
- Great place to see a football game. Mountaineers are a proud and rowdy bunch! Makes for an eventful game. Plenty of clean restrooms and food venues. Lots of staff throughout the stadium . The whole stadium singing Country Roads after the game can't be beat!Written September 23, 2021
- I have been a family pass holder for several years and I try to visit several times each year. There is no way to see everything in the museum and I always make a new discovery! I also love the craftsman like the blacksmith and the wonderful lady at the spinning wheel. This trip I went zip lining with my 63yr old sister (I am 66 ) and her 2 teenage grandkids! Awesome!Written September 4, 2022
- I loved walking to see the animals pretty much in their natural habitat. The property is well maintained and pleasant to see. Keep in mind, there is a lot of walking!Written May 18, 2022
- I enjoyed a couple hours at Clay Center. Interactive art displays and interactive displays in all the other areas like music, water and the body. I saw Africa movie and it was educational and exciting! Must visit while in Charleston with or without kids!Written July 19, 2021
- Don't miss- hard to describe, but will never forget- and would defiantly see again. (even plan to use it as reason to return with my husband in tow). Would have snapped up a book about the bunker- if there had been one for sale in the gift shop.Written July 23, 2022
- This is a fun place to spend part of a day with family, friends, or solo. The flower and produce selection in the large covered area outside was full and looking beautiful and delicious. Inside, there were a handful of shops (one with Swiss chocolate) and a restaurant, SoHo's. My travel companion said she could spend the day in one of the big wooden chairs on the sidewalk because they were so comfortable. Local and community vibes. Free parking.Written October 23, 2021