What travellers are saying
- The area is absolutely huge. We spent hours and only scratched the surface. A huge I mean huge industrial complex has been converted into shops galleries bars and restaurants. Full of beautifully dressed people, trains, chimneys, steel and concrete housing stunning art to suit all tastes. Or just marvel at some people’s creativity and tastes. Lots of street art too. Spend a day there, immerse yourself in the wonderful art and enjoy a beer or meal people watching. My perfect day.Written September 16, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The bar street of Beijing! Super gorgeous photo place, where the locals are. Rich cultural location where I love going!Written February 4, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Whitley floor dedicated to children. Lovely Mall, inside and outside next to the river. Lots of nice eateries and shops. We lived this mall.Written July 2, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The pedestrian street wasn't crazy busy when we went in late December. They also have quite a few options for Peking duck in this area that are all pretty highly recommended and popular. The area is recently restored and has a few places to stop and sit. The shops are pretty typical for China.
If you are going to check out the street expect to spend an hour or two there and maybe an hour or two for Peking duck.Written December 30, 2021
- Not far from the Drum and Bell Towers are lakes and waterways and plenty of cafes and bars. On a sunny day locals come to stroll, or stop for a snack before heading off. A very calming spot in the midst of a big and busy city.Written November 17, 2017
- The cafe faces a small garden and next to a beautiful lake. The art and white colour scheme is bright and cheerful. There's a great selection of teas a coffee. It is around the corner from a street which is too busy and noisy, so a great retreat from the bustle of this busy precinct with a lot to see.Written June 19, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Beijing
- These are the best places for kid-friendly neighbourhoods in Beijing:See more neighbourhoods for children in Beijing on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking neighbourhoods in Beijing:See more neighbourhoods for groups in Beijing on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly neighbourhoods in Beijing:See more budget-friendly neighbourhoods in Beijing on Tripadvisor