- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- This is a really great place, it's worth a visit. As I arrived with my family, we found pretty much lodges there, but if you want better environment, you should find a better hotel. For transportation, I recommend renting a car or drive your own because you could drive half way up to the mountain top. If you climb the mountain on foot, it will take you a long time. There are a lot of stairs on the mountain, and also many separated ways to go. We went to a way with mini-waterfalls, and they are actually beautiful. Although they're not as magnificent as the big waterfalls, but it has a different kind of beauty. When you finally reach the top, you will be able to enjoy the fantastic views.The air is really fresh, and it's really beautiful. But it's pretty cold at the top, and there is even some snow when we arrived, so you should better prepare some warm clothes.Written March 9, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I love this place. It is perfect on a clear day to see the sprawling megalopolis that is Beijing with mountains on the other side. A great place to escape from the city to feel like you're back in nature. There are always lots of people and it is very hilly, but so enjoyable.
Honestly, great views, great exercise and a great morning of activity, especially to wear the wee ones out.
There is also a big pigeon loft that entertains smaller people immeasurably!
That said, it can also be a wonderful place to visit on your own or with a loved one.Written March 24, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- For hundreds of years, the six-peaked Yuquan Mountain has been famed for its underground jade sweet spring water. The meaning of Yuquan implies sweet spring water. This was the source of the water for the rulers of the Ming and Qing dynasties.Written October 13, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We came here for around 3 hours, which was enough time to cover everything. This site is not easily accessible and will be a long journey for people coming in from central Beijing. It is also generally hard to navigate the attraction itself, if you are a foreigner and can’t speak Chinese.
There is some really stunning scenery from the top. There are two different cable cars which can take you to the top parts of the site. The glass pathways and bridge is very unique, although it can be scary for some people. One of the glass pathways was closed which was definitely a disappointment. There is also a glass platform beside the bridge which has some nice views. You can also walk up to the glass pathways and bridge, but it is a very long walk and I highly recommend taking the cable car beside the entrance.
Keep in mind that individual tickets are required for most parts of the attraction, not just one admission ticket. Individual tickets are required for both cable car rides (one way ticket - 100RMB each), both mini car rides (one way ticket - 10RMB each), glass bridge (30RMB) and admission to the site itself. For tickets bought on the mountain, only cash is accepted.
There are a mixture of steel, wood and stone pathways leading up to and surrounding the glass bridge. Some of the steel and wooden pathways were in very bad shape (leaning steel walkways, missing wooden planks and completely abandoned paths) and potentially dangerous. Although this attraction isn’t developed or renovated and more authentic (which we liked), improvements are definitely needed in basic pedestrian infrastructure to actually get around the site.
Overall, this is a site worth visiting if you live in Beijing or if you are close by. Otherwise, there are more special sites closer to the city center which are better.Written August 11, 2021
- the world first natural bridge in Tianmen Mountain is ideal place for marriage proposal! I locked my name and tour guide name in that place and if you cannot make it there you can also try the Great Wall of China. Chairman Mao once said, "anyone who has not hike the Great Wall of China is not a Hero."Written December 13, 2016
- One Of The Most Mesmerising Trip To Haituo Valley. Amazing Place To Visit During Summer Bcoz It’s Cooler Than Beijing And During Winter ❄️ It’s No Less Than Heaven .
Haituo Valley Is Almost 3 Hours Drive From Beijing, further Ahead Of Great Wall Of Badaling. One Can Expect Clean Air, Quite Surroundings and Nature. In Love With This Place And Would Recommend To Who Wants To See Mini Switzerland 🇨🇭Near Beijing.Written August 14, 2018
- We decided to make this an annual trip here. We made this decision based on the weather in the area in the beginning of September. Another reason is we are able to enjoy nature and go at our own pace. Come prepared as there are many insects and the mosquitoes are annoying but if you are prepared, you’ll have the time of your life.Written September 7, 2018