Popular things to do
- Bus Tours
- Cultural Tours
- Historic Sites
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Day Trips
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- City Tours
- Full-day Tours
- Art Galleries
- Half-day Tours
- Historical Tours
- Sacred & Religious Sites
- 4WD Tours
- Cooking Classes
- Sporting Events
- Bodies of Water
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Walking Tours
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Ports of Call Tours
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Air, Helicopter & Balloon Tours
Top Attractions in Jodhpur
What travellers are saying
- Visited the fort in aug 2022 ,Dr Jeetendra Singh was helpful in getting to know about the city and the fort in details , he explains well in English, do ask for him at the counter, he takes us from one place to another in a very systamatic and jolly manner due to which we won't know distance we have covered,Written August 13, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A quite place that is reminescent of bygone kings. White building and the tombs around with views of magestic Mehringer fort makes it a must place to visit. They also have a yoga demonstration.Written April 9, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's an interesting place. Just go and sit there , chill for a while looking at kids jump in the stepwell from a good height .
A different type of tourist spot that what we always visit and experienceWritten May 4, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Rao Jodha Desert Rock Park represents a unique opportunity to explore a rocky, arid landscape characterized by thorny shrubs and plants by walking along marked trails. The marked trails aspect of the park makes it unique in India. Even if it is not the sole example of its kind, it must be part of a small group. Having explored two of its trails over a morning, my wishes are for its ilk to grow!
Do make room for this unique place while in Jodhpur. Beyond the Mehrangarhs, Umaid Bhavans and Jaswant Thadas, this place offers true value. In fact, I'd recommend this after you're done with Mehrangarh, perhaps the day after. One of the joys of exploring this place is to soak in different views of the monumental fortress!
Here are some pointers for this place:
1. The price of admission was Rs.100 (Oct 2019) which, given what the place has to offer, is a steal.
2. Guided Walks in the company of naturalists are available for Rs. 200. We didn't opt for this so I am unable to share my experience in this context.
3. They are open all days of the week from 7 AM to 6 PM. The best time to visit, naturally, is to be there at the opening hour and make the most of the 5 hours until noon. In winter, you could consider shifting this to 8 AM if you're sensitive to the morning cold but I'd imagine 7 AM is doable with the right winter gear.
4. There are 4 trails named after colours: Yellow, Green, Red, Blue.
5. Red Trail: Do this if you're short of time and only have about an hour. It isn't the most memorable of the four but should still provide a glimpse of what the park has to offer. This is less than a km long and is doable in 60 minutes at a leisurely pace.
6. Green Trail: This is a must do trail if you have 1.5-2 hours given that it offers great exposure to the rocky habitat along with superb views of the fort. We did this trail and got to climb the ramparts of the fort wall.
7. Yellow Trail: We did this trail along with the Green Trail and in some places, these trails do overlap. They share a similar character in that they provide a fascinating glimpse of unique flora, the rocky habitat and views of Mehrangarh.
8. Blue Trail: I'm told that is the trail you should do if you're a birdwatcher. It is unique among the four in that it includes a lake as part of it and most of the birdwatching is to be done on the shores of the lake. We didn't get to do this trail and hope to do it someday.
Give this park a full day for an immersive experience and half a day at the very least. Anything less will not do justice to this place.Written May 1, 2022
- The best place in Jodhpur to see and learn about “miniature”, the 500 years art of Rajasthan. Vijay is an incredible artist. Very passionate, he will teach you a lot. You can buy small souvenir, as postcards, or beautiful work of art.Written August 14, 2022
- What wealth is behind this sort of building, a night’s stay is probably equivalent to a decade of a poor person’s incomeWritten February 4, 2022
- I have been here and the art I have seen is really nice, full of details and the attention was so polite.
You must make a visit to them, generations of artists!Written February 18, 2020
- Sardar market is a very crowded wholesale market, good place for shopping. Market has lots of small shops and most of these shops have lots of stuffs. Need to know bargaining stuff or else they sell at very expansive rates.Written February 21, 2022
- The structure is good and can be seen from outside itself. If you walk inside, the terrace is not clean and maintained. The clock can be seen once as it uses old technology.Written March 26, 2022
- Very crowded garden with temples having no statues. Has lot of mionkeys which seem to have got used to the crowds. This place begs despetately for maintenance. Many places have stagnant water and filth. Wish whoever responsible maintains it clean. There is Funzone with some rides. Didnot visit funzone though.Written April 9, 2022
- As the name suggest its basically an glass work where the kings used to visit to have recreation & fresh air. You will find this particular section in every fort of rajasthan. It is located inside the mehrangarh fort of jodhpur
You will love the vibrant colors at this particular place
The mirror art here at is an mesmerizing oneWritten August 2, 2020
- the kabab platter portion is damn tasty. candlelight makes a beautiful atmosphere. a must visit if you are looking for a peaceful dinner.Written March 26, 2021
- We have visited this company and the Dhurry selection and throws is fantastic the quality is exceptional. We have subsequently ordered through Etsy and they have dispatched promptly to us and to our family and friendsWritten December 2, 2021
- this shrine was on our way to Bera from Jodphur. Just 50+ kms from Jodphur. We are very glad we stopped for a while to absorb the story and just sit for a short time under in the shade and observe the numerous pilgrims arriving by the busload. Interesting.Written May 7, 2020
- Temple open for all hindus Muslim , Ramdeva teach people hindu muslim ek hai.
Must visit. Religious PlaceWritten December 6, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Jodhpur
- The best day trips from Jodhpur according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Desert Camel Safari Day Tour In Jodhpur
- Private Full-Day Jodhpur City Tour and Desert Safari
- Camel Safari Day Tour in Jodhpur
- Guided Tour Of Historical Jodhpur City Including Entry Fee & Lunch (Optional)
- Private Full Day Jodhpur City and Bishnoi Villages Tour