Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Bol
What travellers are saying
- We thoroughly enjoyed the hike from Bol to the top. We set out thinking we might get half way up but made it all the way to the top. Glad we did as the views are magnificent. There is a clear path all the way up similar to those we are used to hillwalking in Scotland. We didn’t have hiking shoes with us but managed fine in trainers. Route is not suitable for sandals. Couldn’t believe that there was a van at the top selling drinks, ice lollies, crisps etc! It doesn’t take card payment and we didn’t have any kuna however they kindly took our uk £10 note and gave a fair exchange rate. It was wonderful to have some cold water and ice cream to set us up for the descent. At a slow pace with a few stops it took us 2 and half hours to the top and just under two hours back down.Written October 7, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Hi visiting Brac, guess this should be on anyones to do list . It is undoubtedly beautiful, would imagine it would be overcrowded in peak season . We actually caught the water taxi to the beach , and then enjoyed the walk back , stopping at a couple of bars en route . Water crystal clear, but need water shoes for the pebbles .Written October 17, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We came by foot from from Bol via Via Brattia trail. From Blaca Bay we hiked up to Blaca Monastery. Fantastic 16th century dwellings with ton of history. Place is well preserved and taken care of. Guided 30 minute for 40HRK is well worth it . Highly recommended.
Fast, short trail option is to use rough road and arrive by car to the trailhead north of hermitage and then hike steep 0.75 mile trail down to the hermitage.Written June 12, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Having a glass of good wine by the seaside was a great atmosphere. The waiter was very helpful and friendly.Written August 28, 2022
- It is a nice place to see but only if you are staying somewhere without water access. It is busy but lots to see and do in the area for sure!Written August 9, 2019
- We had a full day boat tour, with a very nice orange speedboat and it was amazing! Our crew, Matej and Borna, were extremely friendly, informative and fun. On the day of our tour, the "blue cave", which I understand is one of the main attractions, was closed. This, however, did not prevent our crew, from giving us an unforgettable day. We swam, basejumped and snorkeled. I cannot reccomend these guys enough! They know how to party almost as hard as people from the Faroe islands! 🇭🇷🇫🇴 Looking forward to experience this again!Written September 14, 2022
- It makes for a nice walk before dinner to burn up some calories. Otherwise it is nice to see. The walk from the port over has a couple of seedy streets, so after dark might not be a good idea. The port town seems very safe.Written September 13, 2021
- Informed that Croatia exported naturism tourism we had been repeatedly disappointed at the FKK beaches we had encountered before discovering this one. Well signposted from the road and carpark (40k all day) we climbed down a well trodden route down the cliff side before discovering there were steps a few hundred yards further down the beach, lots of secluded spaces between rocks with SAND - rare in Croatia. All ages and nationalities. Magnificent clear waters and fish for snorkelling. Fab views across the bay, boats and other island from the beachWritten September 16, 2019
- The most amazing taxi experience ever!!! I accidentally left my wallet in his taxi and he found me on Facebook, messaged me to get it back, and drove it back to where he dropped me off. I couldn’t believe it. Truly the best!!!! I cannot thank him enough!Written August 16, 2022
- This is a little late! We used these guys twice back in July during a large family holiday. Our skippers for both days were Kreso and Davor. The experience was nothing short of first class. Both Kreso and Davor are extremely knowledgeable and put together two fantastic trips which both my, and my wife's family, absolutely loved.
The boat was great (Mercan), lots of space, fridge for drinks, scenery fab, Bluetooth stereo system. What more do you need.
The standout thing for me was the safety, we had children on board and two were very young 2 & 5.Written November 14, 2022
- We are a family of four (2 adults and 2 teenagers) who booked a morning kayak tour. What a fabulous set up this is. From the minute I made our first enquiry the guys at Paddle and Explore were so helpful even down to giving me contact details for a transfer.
We had a wonderful time, spent time on a beach which is only accessible via boat, went snorkelling and were given much enjoyed snacks and drinks.
All in all we had a fantastic excursion.
Thank you guys xxxWritten September 2, 2022
- My husband and I rode from Bol and had a great experience. Sime was very knowledgeable about Croatia and the island of Bol - plus reliable and a great driver! Booking our ride was super easy and convenient. We definitely recommend and will use his service in the future!Written September 13, 2022
- We had the chance to do the one-hour sunset sailing at the end of the season. My fiancee and I were the only two on the boat with Jan, our skipper. Jan is amazing, very friendly and taking the time to explain and answer all your questions. We were fortunate enough to have a good wind so we had a true experience of sailing with the boat heeling.I was almost standing in the boat and it was amazing. Highly recommend this experience!Written October 14, 2019
- My two teenagers (12 and 14) did a discover diving experience and I did a refresher dive with them plus two proper dives. Igor and his team were friendly and welcoming, eager to pass on their love of the sport to newcomers and the kids absolutely loved it. I really enjoyed all three dives - the first one reminding myself of the skills and the others seeing some cool stuff with expert guiding from Igor. Highlights for me were the beautiful nudibranches, scorpion fish, squid, octopus and weever fish - all looked up and explained back in the dive centre. My only regret is that we didn’t sign the kids up to do their open water this time. We will be back!Written August 9, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Bol
- The best day trips from Bol according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- 4-Island Split Boat Tour (Brač, Pakleni, Hvar, Šolta)
- Private boat tour - custom itinerary
- Tailored tour by speedboat
- Private 4 islands tour (Golden Horn, Hvar, Pakleni islands, Šolta)
- BOL from Makarska - high speed catamaran "MALA SIRENA" excursion