Nature & Wildlife Areas
Popular things to do
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- So fun and educational! A really great way to view butterflies and plant life in an informational way!Written December 8, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing once in a lifetime experience! Was better than I expected. We got to feed and interact with the monkeys. Highly recommend. The tour guide Randy also took us to get a Costa Rican ice cream after “Churchill”. 10/10Written August 25, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Local artists! Local everything! Support local! From hand carved wood with origin stories to canvas paintings, you must see this shop. There are two levels of art & nicknacks. Drawings, paintings, sculptures, jewelry: this shop has it all. The shop keeper speaks wonderful English & will also help you practice your Tico Spanish. I spent a decent amount of funds in this shop but I know I’ve made wise purchases & invested in the local artists around Jaco! Make sure this place is on your souvenir stops! Saludos!Written November 27, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This place is absolutely magical. The view of the waterfall was fabulous and the gardens were absolutely magnificent. The host was wonderful. I would highly recommend this place to allWritten December 8, 2022
- Beautifully situated bay with active surf for boogie boarding, body surfing or surfing. Dark sand beach with rocks so plan accordingly for footwear. Found the Southern part of bay much more sandy and easy on the feet. Perfect surfing conditions for learners with no coral reef. Need to leave town and drive around the back way to get to this part of beach (or walk a ways down beach from Jaco main strip). Manta rays in surf and small fish in water a plus. However heed signs on strong undertow. No lifeguards so be vigilant and safe. We advised our teens to stay together in a group - not use buddy system which we tend to follow - based on our Airbnb host strong recommendation. Glad we did. Frolicking in waves is loads of fun, however it tires the body. At the end of our day, one of the younger teens fell slightly behind the breaking wave line and started getting pulled out. He was not able to make it back to shore alone. Luckily, I had my husband in the water with the kids. He sent the youngest two in towards shore and stayed with my 18-year old son to pull our friend’s son back to safety. It took two of them to do so.Written June 23, 2022
- great place to play poker, great people, definitely worth checking out.
The owner is a fantastic gentleman, service is great. Highly enjoyed.Written April 10, 2022
- Take the fun horseback riding tour, then hike to see the beautiful waterfall, then ride the horses a short distance to the piscina, which is such a beautiful setting for swimming amongst the rocks and small falls. The people who work here are SO nice. You'll have a great time.Written November 27, 2021
- Definetly a most do. Our last day in Jaco we took a short ride with our driver Mr. Andrés Arana, I highly recommend, the view is amazing.Written October 16, 2022
- A nice hike up through the jungle to a cool, abandoned structure covered in graffiti art, overlooking an amazing viewHighly recommend! This free (although there is a non-official man who directs you to park and then asks for money) is a good hike through the jungle to a cool, abandoned building covered in graffiti art overlooking the ocean. This may be an easy hike for seasoned hikers, but you should be in decent condition with no injuries since it is up, hot and humid. As noted in another review, look for the “parking lot” across from the gas station, then walk towards the restaurant. We didn’t see any monkeys or sloths, but we saw butterflies and leaf cutter ants.Written June 8, 2022
- Discovered this wonderful community center while on a walk. They offer classes in the late afternoon and evening which may or may not be in Enlish.Written February 28, 2019
- Five grade school and college buddies on a guys trip staying in Los Suenos had dinner in Jaco one night and saw the casino lights and decided to drop by and gamble a bit. The "Casino" is extremely small and is what can only be considered a front for the more "profitable" activities for the local working women. It all depends what you're looking for. If it's gambling I give this place a one star. If it's extracurricular activities you're looking for it's a five. We were one drink and out thus the three star rating.Written October 22, 2019
- The theater play we saw was Tico Tales. This was a traveling troup that did a good job. The tales were interesting if a bit different than the normal. Enjoyable 90 minutes and a different diversion from the regular jaco night life. A little expensive at $20 per person. bar service upstairs was reasonable. The play was in spanish and englishWritten January 5, 2014
- Very safe and clean...day time and early evening is when we were there. There is a good selection of restaurants there. Clean bathrooms and good quality of food. English and Spanish spoken there. I think it was a little expensive. We went in June 2022...and we were told that is the off season, so it was not packed or hard to get a seat. Good location in Jaco and easy to get to by taxi or by bike/ on foot. Shops are nice, but expensive. The shops take credit cards and cash. This is an open air shops area, so if there is hard rain, you will have to be in a shop or restaurant.Written June 21, 2022
- This park is located a bit to the north of the town of Jaco and Jaco Walkway. Park is well maintained with beautifully maintained trees and shrubs but at night, there are a couple of homeless people sleeping on the benches and walls. A bit of a smelly odor comes from the drainage channel which is located to the southeast corner of the park. Taxi drivers also have a tendency to hang around this area late at night too.Written March 22, 2020
- We found this company through a tour sales office in Jaco. I'd tried calling on the phone earlier but only got recordings. So we went to a tour office and ended up getting the company--maybe they only take reservation through an office nowadays. The tour office was very quick to accommodate our schedule (same day). We came back and were taxied to a place where the horses were waiting for us. Aaron and Andrew were our guides. Great guys--but not the best guides. The horses were good for the most part--Aaron, whose family owns the company knew the horses well and helped us from the back. A couple of them were a bit lazy and stubborn. But we had ridden before and it was fine. My main complaint is that we didn't take enough time to observe and enjoy the animals along the trail. We saw several--toucans, a monkey, an owl....tried to pause but the horses wouldn't listen.... Perhaps we didn't insist enough. Anyway, the trail is decent, views nice, and Aaron tried to have us go to diff. parts of the trail for the optimal views. We changed the trail direction at one point so we can see the sun setting over the ocean. The guys were very relaxed but I think it would help if they were a bit more engaging, esp. with kids--we have three. Granted, Andrew doesn't even work for the company (he's a friend) and Aaron speaks very little English, but has a sunny disposition. I think once Aaron learns more English, he'd do a good job. This could have been a more memorable experience--but for now, it's not too diff. from our experiences in the US. I really do hope they get better because we like them!Written April 13, 2012
Frequently Asked Questions about Jaco
- The best day trips from Jaco according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Isla Tortuga Adventure tour - from Jaco
- 4x4 Happy Jungle Booze Cruise
- Manuel Antonio National Park Adventure
- Arenal Volcano, La Fortuna Waterfall, Hot Springs Combo Tour with Lunch & Dinner
- Manuel Antonio National Park Sightseeing and Wildlife Day Tour from San Jose