- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 43
What travellers are saying
- This is an authentic experience. Indoor bustling market in the center of downtown San Jose with vendors selling all sorts of items including fruits and vegetables, flowers, clothing and electronics. This place is filled with locals and tourists like me are few, but I felt comfortable here. There are several places with a counter and seats to grab some food so make sure you take advantage of trying some local fare while here.Written January 9, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I stumbled upon this place while walking back to my hotel. There are lots of beautiful hand-made stuffs to buy here and take home.
I was surprised to see that prices of goods are in US $ and they are quite expensive and not within my travel budget for souvenirs. For example, small embroidered sling bags are $20! I just looked around here and did not buy a thing.
Come here for the experience but be prepared to pay high prices!Written November 30, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A cut above the usual tourist curios. Very helpful salesman (Irishman from Quebec living in San Jose) who went over the collection and took the time to explain the objects. Great range in prices from small gifts to major art work. Not far from all the museums in San Jose, worth the tripWritten November 20, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- On November 27,2022, I noted vendors setting up their wares here for the Feria. I briefly walked around but did not buy anything. Learned that the feria is on Sundays when they closed some streets for this festivity.
Around 10::00 am, the parade showing various types of bulls used at the farms here in Costa Rica began. It started near the Iglesia dela Merced, went down Avenida 2 and ended at the area where the Feria was going on.
It was fun watching all these exciting things in one location. By the way, they were located at a plaza near the National Museum and General Assembly Building.Written November 29, 2022
- This is a medium size mall located near the town of Moravia, to the north eastern side of San José. It has stores, cafés, restaurants, services, banks, a supermarket and a food court along with cinemas, all distributed across 4 floors. The stores are somewhat expensive, although you might find good prices sometimes. Bathrooms are located far from the food court and the restaurants, which is uncomfortable sometimes. It is connected to San José by bus lines of Moravia. Is a good place to walk around in a rainy day.Written April 16, 2019
- Went here on my first night in San Jose on the advice of my hktel because I was told there would be lots of bars and restaurants here and plenty of choices.
There were. But not all were open. Those that were were pretty nice without being anything special and the prices were far higher than in the town centre.
Nevertheless it was a safe and pleasant place to eat and have a beer and meet fellow travellers. Not a bad option.Written May 29, 2017
- Nice food court, many shops from big brands to shop business. You can find sort of everything in here. Tons of accessories for phones.Written January 21, 2019
- Now a small museum, this was the house of a previous president who was a medical doctor and social reformer of Costa Rica. Not a lot to see, but interesting for a few minutes and the Russian embassy is across the street.Written February 26, 2016
- Excellent array of products
Clothes, jewelry, shoes, bags… excellent choices for every need or special giftWritten July 28, 2021
- It has a food court and stores. It’s a small/medium mall. There is nothing amazing.
I went there to see a movie.Written October 21, 2018
- Do you like contemporary art. Depending on the show you might like this place. It was free the day I went because only 2 rooms were open. I saw mostly video art. Check the website and if the show appeals it might be worth a look . But if this is not your thing skip it. The contemporary sculpture in the lovely nearby park is free and definitely worth a look. .Written March 1, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about San Jose
- These are the best places for kid-friendly shopping in San Jose:See more shopping for children in San Jose on Tripadvisor