- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- My cousin and I visited during our stay in Costa Rica and had the most rejuvenating experience! I loved one Sports massages. I also received a wonderful facial and head massage that was outstanding! Best relaxing experience ever. I highly recommend!Written January 22, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- After spending a day between airports and airplanes, I desperately needed a massage, when I finally arrived San Jose, CR. While searching the internet for a reputable masseur, I found Canacu Clinic and Spa. WHAT A GREAT FIND. Dennis was quick to respond through WhatsApp and accommodated with a flexible schedule. The deep tissue, full body massage, combined with soothing music and aroma therapy was exactly what I needed. I departed a happy man.
MY ADVISE - stop wasting time trying to find that perfect masseur. BOOK with DENNIS - he is genuine, and tailors his massage to meet your needs.Written February 27, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I love the universality of #yoga ... I came to this beautiful yoga studio a stranger yet they embraced me fully, I listened and tried to follow as I struggled to understand cues in Spanish, they spoke in English when I needed it, and guided me through each practice with grace ... and the massages they offer are soul calming, body rejuvenating and heart opening ... Thank you @lalaland.cr ... I will return, indeed, until we meet again Daylin Laura & Erú ... I leave you Peace & Blessings, Namaste 💫💚🙏🏾😌 #yogalove #namaste #universalyogi #PuraVida #50by50 #GypsySoul #SanyikaWorldwide #ciao #GlobeTrotter #muchasgracias #YogaTeacherGospelPreacher #LaptopLifestyleWritten April 20, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The place was soothing and so relaxing. Even with being in another country it felt so welcoming to be there and be treated so kindly. And on top of that the glass of wine set the mood just right. Definitely gotta go back when I return.Written May 27, 2022
- Spontaneouly I saw this yoga place on tripadvisor and decided to join. On their homepage I found a timetable including different levels. I chose my favorite class and poped in. They welcomed me nicely and showed me around. The yoga class in spanish was special but it was not nessecary to speak spanish. I followed by watching the teacher or the others. It was a very enjoyable class and the level suited perfectly to mine. I would highly recommend downtown yoga to everyone!Written October 23, 2017
- The best massage I have received, super professionals, a super nice environment just what one needs to relieve stress
I recommend it 100% without thinking it is the third time I go and it has helped me a lot with my back painWritten November 1, 2022
- I was looking for a last minute place for my bf to have a massage, and they definitely came through for us. He enjoyed himself.Written February 13, 2020
- I made an appointment for a massage at the 'bliss spa by Kenia', mainly because the pictures of the spa looked like a very nice and cosy place. So I booked a 90 minute massage and can say that my expectations were clearly exceeded.
The atmosphere was so welcoming that it truely felt like being at home.
Kenia was a very friendly and attentive therapist, who applied just the right amount of pressure, identifying the tight spots of my back and legs after a long distance flight and quite some walking and running in Costa Rica. It felt really good and relaxing.
Refreshing tea was offered before and after the massage. I didn't use them, but there would have been facilities to take a shower.
I'm grateful that I found this place on tripadvisor and can highly recommend this little home of wellbeing. Will definitely visit again if I make it back to San José some time in future!Written March 13, 2019
- I tried this yoga studio with friends and we were really disappointed.
We attended a lesson to try the place before signing up for regular classes (thank god!) and from the start we were received by unfriendly staff. We ended up paying for the try out lesson (which is regularly free in any other yoga studio) and were completely ignored from the start. We were lucky that a friendly student told us were to go, change, etc. Also, although the professor was helping other regular students during the class with their postures we were completely ignored by him.
The class itself was ok and the place is averagely clean (weird smell and dusty floors). If you are interested in doing yoga in San Jose, thankfully there are many other good places to try (Lamat, Mandir, Krama).
Also, fyi, the vegetarian restaurant mentioned in other reviews (which is actually very good) moved location. Look for "Mantras".Written April 18, 2014
- With two weeks to burn in San José before my tour started, I thought it would be a great chance to try a mini detox schedule with lots of exercise. And I've got to say, I'm very glad I came across this class!
I found the class just by walking around and messaged via Facebook to find out class times, and Diana promptly replied. At the time of my visit, she had classes every night during the week, and morning classes on Tuesday, Thursday, and an afternoon class on Saturday.
With the hustle and bustle of San José, finding this yoga class was a great retreat. The studio is well decorated and provides an excellent atmosphere for calm.
Diana runs the class in Spanish, but would correct me first in Spanish, then in English if I didn't hear or understand her. I learnt izquierda (left) and derecha (right) very quickly! The other students were great too, helping me feel included. I attempted small talk in Spanish as best as I could but they were happy to talk in English when I struggled.
All up, I managed to fit in 9 classes during the two weeks in San José. The classes are for all levels and she provides all the yoga equipment. There is a decent length of time dedicated for meditation!
Diana has a gorgeous little family too! After class one day, they introduced me to some endemic fruit juice (Cas Guava) and some local snacks! They also offered advice such as nearby weekend markets and other places to visit around the country :)
All up, a great experience, you must visit if you're passing through San José. Great opportunity for some stretching before climbing volcanoes and exploring jungles, or some post-activity relaxation and reflection before hopping on the plane ride home.
I hope you visit, and that you have as pleasant an experience as I had! Namaste :)Written April 18, 2015
- Got a really comforting massage was the best way to have a spa time in San Jose. Really nice place and impeccable costumer service. Around the restaurant area in the east side of the city. Good prices for the quality of service.Written August 3, 2016
- Like most boxes in hot climates, this place is almost exclusively open air, which is great with the humidity. It has a nice amount of space and is very clean and well kept while still having a little bit of that old school garage feel to it.
Class itself was like any typical CF class, and the people were very friendly and welcoming to an outsider. It is a little bit of a ways to get there, but nothing a taxi/Uber cant handle. Distance from the main city area is the only thing that held this from a 5-star location.Written June 11, 2021