- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 33
What travellers are saying
- Went to the opera, Madam Butterfly, at the theater many years ago. The building is really nice, an historic landmark that is alive today.Written January 21, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I've gone in a couple of times for a few minutes of contemplation and prayer, for those who want a respite from the busy streets of San Jose. It's not one of the grand cathedrals of the world but pleasant nonetheless. I found it a nice way to give thanks and centre yourself amidst all the hustle and bustle.Written May 5, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Jen our tour guide was great and extremely informative! We saw some many different birds, insects and trees. The best part was seeing the baby sloth. The university campus is beautiful as well.Written June 14, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful new stadium located in La Sabana Park. I was here for the Costa Rica v USA World Cup Qualifier and the atmosphere both inside and outside was electric. Only downside for a soccer stadium is the running track around the field putting spectators further from the action but is an all-purpose stadium. The stadium provides a huge home field advantage for the Ticos.Written January 9, 2023
- Main plaza in the center of Downtown San Jose where the National Theater (Teatro Nacional) and Pre-Colombian Gold Museum are located. The plaza itself isn't remarkable.Written January 9, 2023
- We walked through the park because it was right next door to the Metropolitan Cathedral and we wanted a picture of us with the SJO Vive sign. Otherwise, there wasn't much to see here. Plenty of people, locals and tourists both.Written August 27, 2022
- Worth a stop en route to the markets. A busy street with lots of cars - walking may we’ll be quicker than a cab. Sculptures are a good interesting distraction to walk around.Written April 13, 2019
- After taking pictures of its facades, I decided to go inside, following the short line of people. I inquired about buying some postcards and they directed me to the right direction ( left side office that opens at 8:00 a.m.)
There is nothing much to do inside after finishing my purchase.Written November 29, 2022
- I admire the wooden ceilings, stain windows and colorful walls of this church. On both sides of the Main Altar are two smaller ones with religious statues. The sidings, floorings, balusters , organ, etc remind me of some beautiful churches that I have visited in Europe.
Since no mass was going on during my visit, I was able to discreetly take some pictures. I said my prayers before leaving.
Note: There is a small park located in front of this beautiful churchWritten November 27, 2022
- In addition to this attraction, the Morazan Park has statues of some famous Costa Ricans. Near it are sculptures of Angels’ Wings where one can pose for a selfie photo. There are big trees and healthy-looking shrubs and plants near this attraction.
It would be nice to see when they have some musical shows using this attraction.Written November 29, 2022
- This is the burial site of the famous and well to do in Costa Rica. It features many ornate tombs and beautiful statues
There is a large sign inside the cemetery that marks a suggested pathway to many of the more famous tombs. The attendants were very friendly and helpful. Signs are posted at the more famous sites in Spanish. There are paved paths and lots of space and time to wander.Written March 23, 2022
- I heard opera at 5 pm raining over San Jose and knew I had to go inside. Once inside I listened to old Latin records, watched a free dance class, ate and drank to my hearts content and will be coming back to listen to Jazz this weekend. One visit wasn’t enoughWritten April 24, 2018
- Nice assortment of typical shops and restaurants that you would expect in a city Chinatown. Very nice park with statue of John Lennon across from a beautiful church that is worth visiting! Rated a 3 because many of the businesses seamed closed? However, worth a walk throughWritten May 19, 2022
- Went here on my first night in San Jose on the advice of my hktel because I was told there would be lots of bars and restaurants here and plenty of choices.
There were. But not all were open. Those that were were pretty nice without being anything special and the prices were far higher than in the town centre.
Nevertheless it was a safe and pleasant place to eat and have a beer and meet fellow travellers. Not a bad option.Written May 29, 2017
- Located in Chinatown in San Jose and in front of the Iglesia del Soledad, this plaza has the statue of John Lennon who is seated at a bench, another statue of a woman and some circular contraption that appears to be being repIred.
Worth about a 5-minute visit ! Be sure to pose sith John Lennon.Written November 27, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about San Jose
- These experiences are best for sights & landmarks in San Jose:
- Poas Volcano National Park Half day tour from San Jose
- 3-Days Arenal Volcano Tabacon Resort - Monteverde - Manuel Antonio
- 4-Days Arenal Volcano Tabacon Resort- Tortuguero - Monteverde - Manuel Antonio
- 3-Days Tortuguero National Park Walking & Canoe Tour Eco Adventure
- 3-Day Monteverde Arenal Volcano Baldi Hot Springs and Manuel Antonio Park Tour