- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
What travellers are saying
- I spent hours with Conall, the owner of this wonderful gallery. Incredible variety of art and artesania. The prices are excellent and since it is free trade this means that the artists get paid a great deal more than from the regular art galleries or artesania shops. Conall shares a great deal with many ex pats who have made Costa Rica their home. He has traveled to all the various regions in Costa Rica and has developed close friendships with the artists. Due to COVID he had to let go many employees so now essentially is running the gallery alone. Please make sure to call ahead prior to going to the gallery. it is VERY centrally locat4d, across from a small but beautiful park next to the Sleep Inn hotel. I would trust this gallery over any other in San Jose.Written June 3, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Now a small museum, this was the house of a previous president who was a medical doctor and social reformer of Costa Rica. Not a lot to see, but interesting for a few minutes and the Russian embassy is across the street.Written February 26, 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Do you like contemporary art. Depending on the show you might like this place. It was free the day I went because only 2 rooms were open. I saw mostly video art. Check the website and if the show appeals it might be worth a look . But if this is not your thing skip it. The contemporary sculpture in the lovely nearby park is free and definitely worth a look. .Written March 1, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This store was so cute! I snagged some Christmas cards here. You can get some really cute paper goods- like cards and posters. Reminds me of a local style “Paper Source”Written December 9, 2018