- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Types of Attractions
What travellers are saying
- We visited today it was a very rainy day and not a lot of visitors. The building was an amazing structure and a great part was underground. The information was very interesting and gave us an insight of the pre columbian gold and the cultural growth of Costa Rica.
I would visit againWritten November 7, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing museum with a phenomenal collection of pre-Colombian jade artefacts. All clearly labelled in Spanish and English. Lots of context given, and interesting comparisons with contemporary jewellery and sculpture in Europe and Asia. The background music was also very atmospheric, and suited the displays well.Written December 1, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Probably one of my favourite places on the planet. Please - never change this museum. Don't upgrade it!
It truly is a wonderful treasure, and has bought me immense joy.Written August 5, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This used to be the main building of the old airport. Wonderful building, lovely art both in and out of the venue. We just loved this.Written December 28, 2015
- This is a low tech but fantastic museum, with beautiful specimens and a lot of information (mostly Spanish) on all kinds of bugs. The staff was super helpful and showed us their lab room with lots of living (and creepy) insects. The museum is hidden in the basement of the UCR Music building, and well worth a visit.Written January 14, 2020
- We were on a private tour of downtown San Jose with the itinerary pretty much up to us. We decided to skip the Jade museum and instead went here. It was a good decision. We found the museum better than expected. It wasn't crowded and there was a lot of exhibits to see and explore. Learned a lot. All in all an enjoyable visit.Written August 26, 2022