- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 114
What travellers are saying
- We used ILT during our 2 weeks in Costa Rica and would highly recommend. They are a great service, super friendly, always on time and the vehicles are very clean and comfortable, if you need to stop for a break this is also possible as the travel times between destinations can be quite long. Can't rate this service enough!Written November 30, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were picked up in a hotel in San Jose, later taken to Manuel Antonio (3 hours away), then taken to Arenal (5-6 hours away) and finally back to airport (2-3 hours away) They were accommodating and Always on time, very reliable service and great drivers. Special thanks to Dago and Charlie.Written December 3, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I would definitely recommend Morpho Vans if you are looking for a private driver service to take you wherever youd like to go in Costa Rica. Mario and our driver Felipe took care of us! Thanks guysWritten December 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I lost my luggage from Mexico to Costa Rica Saturday, missed my bus Sunday morning to Nicaragua while waiting a day for my luggage which never turned up and could not get a bus to the border of Costa Rica and Nicaragua until Wednesday, my holiday was starting to look ruined. I spoke with Salem at the Baqueano after 8pm on Sunday night and she organized a personal driver within half an hour. He would pick me up and get me to the border “no problem”. The next morning he arrived five minutes early (very professional) and I met him in the hotel lobby. The journey was smooth, took about 7 hours and we stopped at a beautiful roadside restaurant about two and a half hours before the border. He stayed with me through the entire Costa Rica customs clearance and then we said our goodbyes. Following is the message I wrote to Salem after my journey.
“Using your company for our transport to the Penas Blancas border crossing was the best decision. Your Mercedes Sprinter van was immaculately clean and comfortable and your driver Miguel was friendly, professional, kind and an excellent driver. I am so happy I chose you.
I have never experienced better customer service in anything, anywhere. Use this company if you need a private driver in Costa Rica.
AustraliaWritten October 12, 2022
- This is a long overdue review, but one I feel I owe to Didier. I had one of my all-time favorite vacations when I visited Costa Rica for ten days in May, and Didier was a huge reason why. I heard about Didier from my friends Pablo and Rina and I am so glad that I chose to go with a driver instead of renting a car.
Didier was very professional and responded immediately to all of my emails before the trip and WhatsApp messages while in CR. He offered better rates than the large shuttle companies and even suggested that we go with another boat-jeep-boat company instead of him to travel from Arenal to Monteverde for a more enjoyable and cheaper experience.
He was super friendly and easy to talk to, was a very safe and smooth driver, and always showed up early, even when he had to take us from Manuel Antonio at 3:30 am to San Jose airport to catch an 8:00 am flight home. He was also super helpful and showed us some new places:
- Mi Rancho: first meal in CR, restaurant looked touristy, but was the best gallo pinto of many during the trip
- Brought us to pick up Kolbi prepaid SIM card, cell service was very reliable
- El Jardin: HUGE souvenir shop, Didier watched us shop for an hour
- Soda el Tucan: where locals eat, cheap and yet one of my best meals I had
Traveling with Didier felt like I had my own private personal tour guide and took away all the stress of traveling several hours between cities in a foreign country that had windy unpaved roads. By the end of the trip, I felt like I made a great friend in Didier. Thanks so much Didier for everything, I’m so glad I got to meet you!Written September 24, 2022
- Thanks for the trip today. Alex was awesome and we had a great trip with stops on the way to see crocodiles, eat some lunch and great coffee! Very much appreciated.Written November 10, 2022
- Tommy did an amazing job for us! Drivers in Costa Rica have to be super skilled to manage the roads. Tommy picked us up on the Pacific Coast and safely delivered us to San Jose over gravel roads, fording shallow rivers, busy highways. Thank you! A great job!Written November 22, 2022
- They helped us get a very last minute private driver to Playa Hermosa/Jaco. Very responsive and great driver. Would recommend!Written July 13, 2022
- My group traveled for my 50th Birthday. We used Tico shuttles for transfer from Tamarindo to San Jose. Excellent communications and very professional.
Shuttles: The shuttles are newer, very nice and wifi
Driver: TOMAS is amazing. He stopped at amazing areas whenever someone in the group needed to use the restroom or wanted souvenirs. He was very knowledgeable and shared the history of Costa Rica as we traveled.
I would definitely recommend to book them for an amazing Costa Rica experience and will definitely use them again.Written May 9, 2022
- We arranged two difficult transfers this time, one from La Pavona to El Castillo and then from there to Alajuela. Emerson did a great job. He was on time for both drives and a pleasure to chat with. We stopped when we needed to and were very comfortable the whole time.Written September 17, 2022
- The best I can say is WOW! Not only did Johnny and Paul shuttle our large family around for the week, they always went above and beyond. Amazing tips on where to eat, where to visit, the best guides to use, plus so much more. Costa Rica is amazing place to visit and I can't imagine doing so without Jonny and Paul!Written March 31, 2022
- Extremely helpful, highly recommend Danny Jimenez (WhatsApp +506 8854 5969). We got lucky with our online search for a guide for costa Rica. We traveled 7 days with him; going from San Jose to La Fortuna/Arenal, Monteverde, Jaco & Poas Volcano . He always arrived early, planned the day activities without wasting any time, and suggested perfect places to eat.
Highly recommend Danny for anyone visiting Costa Rica.Written December 3, 2022
- I've used them twice and my experience reflects the mixed, earlier reviews here. I booked through supershuttlecr.com and found it a little strange that they don't ask for your phone number. On the first occasion, I went from Alajuela to Uvita and everything went really smoothly, nice and punctual driver who knew exactly were we where going.
Going back from Uvita to San José was a very different experience. I had a reservation for terminal Atlantico Norte, to take a Mepe bus to Puerto Viejo. The driver came late, drove badly, wouldn't follow the rules on wearing a mask even though the other passenger was a person in their 60's who complained that they felt uncomfortable. He dropped me off at terminal 710 and insisted that this was Atlantico Norte.
I ended up being scammed by a taxi driver who was supposed to take me to the Mepe station but instead brought me to the Caribenos station. By that time I had missed the last Mepe bus and had to take the Caribenos bus to Limon. I did not enjoy looking for a hotel, on my own in Limon at night. The scam and the double cost for a room that night ended up costing me nearly 100 $. All of this because the Easyride driver couldn't be bothered to take me to the destination that I had paid for.
I've been in contact with Supershuttle and got an apology. If I were to go with Easyride again I would make sure to have enough phone credit to monitor on an online map that they're taking me to the right place.Written January 15, 2021
- Our driver was waiting and ready for us even after a delayed exit out of baggage.
We had to pick up out dog at cargo and he handled everything very smoothly. It would hace been a disaster with out him.
We used the service a few days later for our trip to Nosara and again he was on time and efficient.
I believe his name was Carlos.
Excellent and definitely recommend!Written February 6, 2020
- I recently organised a group cycling trip to Costa Rica.
I pre booked Everywhere Costa Rica for a one-day transport for a group of six with road bikes.
From the first email conversation that was had, Hilda was outstanding. She went above and beyond to make are trip stress free even jumping in to help when 3 of our bikes got lost by our airline for two days.
Hilda was very easy to communicate with. She gave some excellent suggestions on places to visit, details on where to buy tickets for tourist attractions and general advice about each area we were travelling to.
Our trip would not have been as enjoyable if it was not for Hilda and her professional team of drivers that were always very pleasant and helpful.Written October 24, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about San Jose
- These experiences are best for taxis & shuttles in San Jose:
- All-inclusive package 7 nights 8 days in the best destinations in Costa Rica
- Irazú Volcano National Park (Half Day).
- All-inclusive package for 7 nights 8 days in Costa Rica
- Private Transfer Juan Santamaria Airport To La Fortuna From 1 to 6 passengers
- Combo tour: Irazú Volcano + Orosi Valley + Ujarrás Ruins