- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- There is a great selection of jade and other materials in this museum and the art of it is wonderful.Written January 25, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The museum is fantastically curated in the former home of the Costa Rican army prior to its abolition in the late 1940s. Bite sized information in English and Spanish throughout. Plan for 1.5-2 hours to do it justice. Don’t rush.Written January 25, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is an authentic experience. Indoor bustling market in the center of downtown San Jose with vendors selling all sorts of items including fruits and vegetables, flowers, clothing and electronics. This place is filled with locals and tourists like me are few, but I felt comfortable here. There are several places with a counter and seats to grab some food so make sure you take advantage of trying some local fare while here.Written January 9, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Holy cow it’s a great place in the historic airport building. Art indoors, out and built into the amazing woodwork in the building itself. Great variety of mediums - art installations in fabric and video in addition to sculptures, drawings, paintings and photographs. Pleasantly surprised to see art from as recently as 2022 on display. Certainly a long way from an old, stuffy, stereotypical art museum. Plan for 1-1.5 hours & take a taxi or an Uber unless you are already near La Sabana park or the University of CR.Written January 25, 2023
- A nice park with paved paths, a lake, sculptures made from wood and concrete, sitting areas, a running/cycling track, a snack shack, trees and bushes and amazing birdsong.Written November 15, 2022
- We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and wanted to visit a different national park in Costa Rica and close to San Jose. We decided to visit Braulio carillo and chose the second entrance of this park which is the easiest and most popular the Zurqui ranger station. It is just 12 miles (20 km) northeast of San Jose along the Guapiles Hwy (32) and we surprised with a mysterious but lovely animal (An anteater) that was hidden in a tree, this was the first time we ever saw an anteater in the wild such a lovely animal.Written June 21, 2022
- Not to miss definitely worth it. Go. A very natural habitat. spectacularbutterflies. com. Nice contemplative walk aroundDefinitely worth your time. Very beautiful little place. Wonderful butterflies abound. Great habitat. Beautiful contemplative walk along a beautiful stream as well. Come to this.Written February 4, 2023
- I passed by this huge, beautiful park on my way to the Atlantic Train Station. Located near the National Museum and a small museum for modern arts, it is easy to locate this park. The huge trees and beautiful plants provide shades to those resting at the benches.
Stop by and enjoy its beauty if you’re in the area.Written November 29, 2022
- I've gone in a couple of times for a few minutes of contemplation and prayer, for those who want a respite from the busy streets of San Jose. It's not one of the grand cathedrals of the world but pleasant nonetheless. I found it a nice way to give thanks and centre yourself amidst all the hustle and bustle.Written May 5, 2022
- Trip Advisor doesn't seem to have a listing for the Museo Penitencerio that shares space with the Kids museum but it's ultimately separate.
A small but informative museum reckoning with the terrible history of this prison. The museum recreates the conditions using original cells. It includes actual graffiti from the prisoners as well as statues of inmates with authentic artifacts of the the period.
The museum does a good job at taking responsibility for the atrocious conditions they allowed at this site.Written October 18, 2019
- A wonderful place to have a great time with family, friends or business colleagues. We had a great time in a dinner activity organized by the company for which I work for. Live entertainment, good typical food and a beautiful scenario at Pueblo Antiguo.Written June 3, 2018
- Beautiful new stadium located in La Sabana Park. I was here for the Costa Rica v USA World Cup Qualifier and the atmosphere both inside and outside was electric. Only downside for a soccer stadium is the running track around the field putting spectators further from the action but is an all-purpose stadium. The stadium provides a huge home field advantage for the Ticos.Written January 9, 2023
- Main plaza in the center of Downtown San Jose where the National Theater (Teatro Nacional) and Pre-Colombian Gold Museum are located. The plaza itself isn't remarkable.Written January 9, 2023
- We walked through the park because it was right next door to the Metropolitan Cathedral and we wanted a picture of us with the SJO Vive sign. Otherwise, there wasn't much to see here. Plenty of people, locals and tourists both.Written August 27, 2022
- This is an adventure park with a purpose. The park's motto is "healthy children help sick children". Costa Rica´s Children´s Hospital is financed by the profits of this park. So if you visit, you enjoy and leave a bit of your money for this excellent institution.Written March 4, 2019