Nature & Wildlife Areas
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Well worth a visit during a day in central San Jose, even though it's a 20 minute walk away. Fairly cheap entrance fee. Information is given on the life cycle of butterflies and on the species that they have, If you are also going to be walking in the nature of Costa Rica during your holiday, expect to see the same butterflies many times over in the wild.Written November 15, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A cut above the usual tourist curios. Very helpful salesman (Irishman from Quebec living in San Jose) who went over the collection and took the time to explain the objects. Great range in prices from small gifts to major art work. Not far from all the museums in San Jose, worth the tripWritten November 20, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Maite Joaristi was our travel consultant with Costa Rican Vacations and she did an excellent job. The hotels were fabulous. The transportation arranged was also great. They were available for questions and help during our trip and food a great job when we wanted to change a few plans along the way. Very pleased and would use them again.Written January 31, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My wife and I just completed a 16 day/15 night tour of Costa Rica that was designed by Yorleny Jiminez of Costa Rica Expeditions. After filling out a short form and then explaining who we are and what we like (hiking, nature, scenery, snorkeling, good food and nice accommodations) Yorlenly designed our tour. It was excellent from start to finish. Our drivers and guides were professional and informative; the areas we visited: Arenal, Monte Verde, Manual Antonio, the Osa Peninsula, and San Jose were perfect for us; the tours, food, and accommodations exceeded our expectations; and the country itself was beautiful.
Thank you Yorleny and Costa Rica Expeditions for a memorable vacation!Written January 25, 2023
- Jason Bateman at My Costa Rica helped me plan a fabulous vacation. From start to finish everything went according to plan. All our drivers were on time. All tours were exactly as described. The tour guides we very personable and knowledgeable. The hotels were incredible.
I picked all the hotels my husband and I stayed at but Jason can totally do that for you if you just want the experts to take care of it. Tell him what you are looking for and it's almost like magic, he makes it all come together.
Do NOT hesitate to try My Costa Rica. They did everything they said they would and more!Written January 24, 2023
- I am so glad I took this tour. The guide Eric was so nice and went out of his way to satisfy my needs. I am recommending the tour to anyone who is going to Costa Rica. It left me a great first impression of the countryWritten March 10, 2021
- I was fortunate to have a one on one session with Scott. When I arrived we had a cup of coffee and had a great time getting to know each other. We then headed out into several neighborhoods with Scott pointing out some nice photo opportunities. It was a nice walk and I have some nice photos from the tour. I’ve been on many activities when in Costa Rica but for me this was the best and I feel like I made a new friend in Scott. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!Written September 25, 2021