- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 255
What travellers are saying
- Views is city and surrounding areas was a wee bit windy T-shirt came in handy Saturday morning nice trip up on cable car everything you need on top toilets bar viewing platforms spread out good under footingsWritten December 5, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The FD Funicular provides a comfortable ride to the top scnic areas at Cape Point. The ride does not offer any great panaromic views but it enables visitors to go to the top in comfort to enjoy the majestic views from the there and near the light house.
Some people decide to walk up. The walk up is also good but this takes about 15 minutes of uphill walking which should be okay for most people but not to those who get breathless fast. Walking up enables one to enjoy views during different sections of the climb.
To save time I do recommend the Funicular but if time is not an issue do try to walk up and down.
Munir D.Written August 15, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very good experience. We booked at race at 4:30 to airport. No problem at all. Easy to manage, contact via WhatsApp very comfy and the driver was there 15' before.
Totally recommendedWritten August 29, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Spent two days with guide Craig Campbell cramming in as much sightseeing as possible. He was an encyclopedia of local knowledge, fun to talk to and we went everywhere. The best part was he stopped every time I saw a picture that I wanted to take. So thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Cape Town as a result. Two thumbs up for this company. Oh and what a great value as compared to the group tours on a bus! A definite repeat for me.Written November 26, 2022
- Excellent experience with Bosch Tours. Pickup at airport was flawless even when we arrived 45 minutes early, our driver was there.
Next we booked an all day Cape tour and that was excellent as well. Finally, the return trip to the airport, excellent driver who provided much information about Cape Town. Every experience with Bosch was professional and prompt. We recommend them highly.Written February 13, 2020
- Outstanding service!! 5 BIG STARS from us. Kenny took us out to Simons Town and Boukders Beach for the day. His knowledge of the area coupled with his friendly professionalism made for a wonderful experience.Written October 27, 2022
- Ilios Travel provided us with two private half-day tours - Johannesburg one day, and Pretoria the next day. Both were outstanding. Our guide Eric was wonderful - so knowledgeable and informative. He developed the perfect customized itinerary each day. Truly memorable visits to Johannesburg and Pretoria. We were impressed and delighted with our experience. The highlight of our Pretoria tour was Freedom Park - incredible and humbling - so moving and beautiful. Thank you for making this a great visit.Written November 9, 2022
- We used Citi Shuttles for airport transfers as well as a day trip from Camps Bay to Hermanus. The communication in advance was smooth, there was always a very quick response, all drivers were on time, very friendly and we felt very safe at all times. Good value for price compared to other companies as well. We would definitely recommend Citi Shuttles.Written November 16, 2022
- This was our first visit to Cape Town and Orion made it very enjoyable for us. He knew the right places to take us and we all had a wonderful holiday! We fed ostriches and monkeys, went quad biking, wine tasting, had encounters with cheetahs, spent time with the penguins and city and township tours. There was always something to look forward to each day. It was a stress free holiday as everything was arranged for us by Orion. He was very knowledgeable, polite and friendly, and put us at so much ease that it was very sad for us when our holiday came to an end.Written August 9, 2022
- Having booked our trip I read some awful reviews particularly about delays.
The arrival lounge was most welcoming with plenty to eat & drink & I recommend you have your taxi driver to take you there as we had no problems at all.
The train is slightly shabby but clean & we felt totally safe. We had a spacious cabin with a sink & with plenty of storage which was good as we had suitcases & golf clubs.
The food was acceptable ; there is a lot of 'same' landscape but the plus side was meeting all the folk we did and generally having a lovely trip.
I agree with everyone else on delays so don't book it if time sensitive, We were supposed to arrive at 12.30 in Cape town & it was 4.30 pm so no problem .
I'm glad I did it. Would I recommend it ? Why not give it a whirl if over there but don't put it on a to do defintely list !!!
The experience is interesting ....airports certainly aren't.Written February 23, 2020
- We utilized the Cape Comoot transportation service for our day trip from Cape Town to Cape Point and the Cape of Good Hope. Cape Comoot is a relatively new service from Cape Town to Cape Point/the Cape of Good Hope. The service leaves from Greenmarket Square in Cape Town at 8:30AM and has options to return to Cape Town at 1:30PM and 5:30PM. On the way to Cape Point, the Cape Comoot stops at Boulder's Beach for a 45 minute viewing session with the adorable African Penguins! Arriving at Cape Point/Cape of Good hope around 11AM, there is PLENTY to do and see to keep you busy until 5:30PM.
The Cape Comoot costs 99ZAR per person each way--which works out to about $15 per person round trip. There is an additional 135ZAR (~$10) fee for admittance in to the Cape Point Park. The Cape Comoo drivers are great--our drivers Noel and Abdul were the BEST--the vans are clean AND they offer free WiFi. We were so happy with our first journey on the Cape Comoot that we booked a second tour to Franschhoek later in our stay!Written October 4, 2017
- Stuart is a true professional and SO GOOD at what he does! We were able to customize an experience for us that allowed us to do a tour of the cape AND visit Stellenbosch in the same day. It was incredible! Stuart is so knowledgable, friendly, and full of interesting information about Cape Town and South African history, in addition to being funny, prompt, a great communicator, and safe driver. I can't recommend Stuart and his business enough; you'll be sure to have a great time, learn something new, and see beautiful, amazing sights!Written September 15, 2022
- We had a great time using Raw tours. Excellent service. Definitely recommend you use this company for your activities!Written November 30, 2022
- We discovered Cape Town and surrounding with Theo and his team. It was an excellence journey, as we first visited Sout Africa, so, enjoyed the unique private, airconditioned SUV and of course, the seeview along Cape Peninsula everywhere. Also visited Lion's Head and Table Mountain, plus nice cities such as Muizenberg, Fish Hoek, Simon's Town and many great places around. We enjoyed all the way long the famous Stellenbosch and Franschhoek wine region and some wineries for tasting we've discovered. I do recommend to chose the AAE team for everyone who wants to hear some history about the places and visit the historical museums in and around Cape Town. Keep going guys......good luck. Attila from HungaryWritten April 11, 2022
- I did a solo trip with my driver, Saaib Augustus, from Cape Town Airport to my hotel and he was extremely friendly and helpful, his car was really nice and his driving was very good. Will definitely recommend and use again!Written December 15, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Cape Town Central
- These experiences are best for transportation in Cape Town Central:
- Cape Town Airport Transfers
- Cape Town Airport Private Transfer
- Robben Island Tour (Big Groups)
- Cape Town Airport Transfers: Cape Town Airport CPT to Cape Town in Luxury Van
- 1-3 Passenger Private Cape Town - Airport Transfer