- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
55 places sorted by traveller favourites
Showing results 1-30 of 55
What travellers are saying
- Nice mall to go shopping and eat out with family and friends. I like the shirt brands there and the food is very delicious.Written July 13, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The museum is located at the Xavier University.
You have to leave your ID.
The usual entry fee is 70 Pesos.
There are only three rooms you can enjoy but everything is done with passionWritten October 30, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Mapawa Nature Park is a go-to place in Cagayan de Oro for all adventure junkies out there. It has a camping site, which is also best for team-building activities. There is also rappelling, canyoneering, horse back riding, swimming at the waterfalls, and many more. It is located in Barangay Cugman. It is accessible via car/cab or if you commute, you may ride a "habal-habal" (motorcycle) from the highway.Written December 23, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Shout out to Mr. Varry, our experience in Tong yong was fabulous. The ambiance is so amazing and the staffs our so kind. I'd probablyWritten February 8, 2023
- We visited this museum together with the cathedral, bridge and the park because of their proximity to one another. When we entered the museum we found the guide to be very enthusiastic. He enjoyed it when tourists visited and he shared his knowledge about CDO. We started from the ground floor going to the second floor with him explaining each item/ picture. We appreciate his attitude and absorb CDO history in the process.Written March 23, 2019
- It was an interesting visit, getting to be familiar about 3 different cultures.
The items and artifacts are well-preserved and maintained.
Guide was very informative and was accommodating to answer questions.
Things you may have to bring when you visit the museum.
1. ID to enter the Capitol University campus.
2. PHP 50 per head entrance fee
3. Cameras, but you will be advised not to use Flash.Written March 10, 2019
- Solid wastes and vandals exists inside the cave. It doesn't have that much of an attraction aside from its history but it's still worth the visit.Written July 24, 2022
- Limketkai Center is at the heart of Cagayan de Oro commercial area. It has hitels nearby, supermarket within the center, restaurants, shops and parking space. You can find local products not only from CDO like Pastel, Slers ham and chicharon etc but also from neighboring cities like Iligan City - the Chedings peanuts of different varieties. It is very convenient and has a very large multi-function hall that can be utilized into a convention or concert hall.Written October 31, 2019
- As a CDO native, I love coming here because it's clean, calming, and there are many things to see and do. It is CDO in a nutshell. Whenever a friend from out of town stops by, I take them here.
FOOD: Street food carts abound in the area of the park across the Provincial Hospital (Northern Mindanao Medical Center). You can enjoy freshly sliced mangoes with bagoong (shrimp paste), banana cue (bananas fried in caramel), fish balls, quail eggs, proven (fried proventriculum on sticks), and binaki (sweet corn tamales), among other things.
CULTURE: The local chess scene thrives in a corner of the park, where you'll find several chess tables populated by locals, even on a weekday afternoon. I've always cherished this little fact about the park. You don't see these kinds of things anywhere else.
SHOPS: You can buy succulents and other plants, get a henna tattoo, or get a manicure or pedicure (never tried though).
PHOTO OPS: The park is clean and shaded by many trees. Pathways are paved, so it wouldn't be a problem to navigate the place in the event of rain.
Fair warning: As of writing, a section of the park is being occupied by evacuated Lumads (a Northern Mindanao tribe) who were displaced by struggles that resulted from the declaration of Martial Law in Mindanao. They are very open to talking to passers by about their experiences. If you drop by around this time of year, use the opportunity to educate yourself or your family about the Lumad people and their struggles.Written June 18, 2018
- An off the beaten track waterfall scene with natural pools ideal for wading. The site has been up kept and all in all is quite nice. Usually enjoys tranquility, except weekends, but never over crowded. Several stone picnic tables available, bring your own provisions!Written February 16, 2017
- This museum has three salas (two on the ground floor and one on the second floor): one dedicated to the prehistory and history of Mindanao in general and of Cagayan de Oro City in particular, a second one dedicated to the various indigenous groups or peoples and cultures of Mindanao, and a third one (on the second floor) has contemporary art and the collection of Fr. Demetrio, SJ.
The museum is well organized and kept. The displays are properly arranged with good descriptions. A guided tour is available upon request. Entrance fee is 70 pesos per head. I just have two suggestions to make: first, I wish that the payment process be made easier (without needing to go to window 12 for payment and then returning to the museum) and, second, I hope that the guards at the main gate would be informed about the schedule of the museum. When we went to the museum last Monday they did not even inform us that it was closed on Mondays. Perhaps they themselves didn't know about it.
All in all this museum is worth-visiting for first timers to CDO. It gives you a good introduction to the history of the place and its culture. Thumbs up!Written October 30, 2018
- to describe it i will say its an oasis in a concrete jungle..with a great location,relaxing atmosphere and drinks served poolside ..nothing better on a warm night laying out on a pool chair relaxing with a loved oneWritten March 16, 2017
- Breathtaking 180 degree's city look. :) Beautiful place to go around sunset, have a dinner or a bottle of beer with your loved one under the twilight sky... Never miss this place when you're at the City of Golden Friendship.Written March 3, 2016
- This is close to CDO and not very difficult to reach. It is good for nature lovers and relatively easy to navigate.Written August 11, 2016
- I haven't visited the falls for a while but I can still remember the last time I was there. It was quite a long walk going there but it was worth it. Who would've thought that there's a gem within the busy streets of the city? It was an amazing Sunday spent with friends. When my friends will come over (in the future), I would definitely bring them here.Written April 6, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Cagayan de Oro
Cagayan de Oro Attractions Information
|Local Time||Wednesday 10:04 p.m.|