Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Carmel
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- We visited after a wild and wooly rainstorm, and the waves were unbelievably beautiful. The trails are terrific and I recommend starting early (it gets quite crowded on weekends) and covering the whole area. It is indeed breathtaking.Written January 9, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Such a magical place to be at sunset. My husband and I strolled as the sun went down and there were quite a few others there for the experience and it just felt festive and beautifulWritten January 20, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I so enjoyed this tour of Tor House. As a local, it is fascinating to catch-up on the rich history of the area I live and work in. Amazing architectural feat and very informative. I plan to have all of my family members visit when they come to town. Even my 86 year old mother was able to climb Hawk Tower and it was so wonderful to see her enjoy the tour as much as I did. Great experience for everyone!Written October 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is a nice experience. If you have a car, you have to do it. Be prepared to stop to take pictures.Written June 10, 2022
- Gorgeous 30 minute circular route amongst wildflower meadow over the coastline. Lovely place to stop on a highway 1 Roadtrip.Written August 27, 2022
- The mission was started over 250 years ago, It has been revitalized and is going through more renovations.
The staff were friendly and as you walk through the various parts of the mission you can get a sense of the dedication of the missionaries who made it all possible.
It also housed the first library in California.
It takes about 1 hour and a bit to see the various buildings, graveyard and the basilica.
Well worth seeing.Written November 9, 2022
- We love historical attractions, and museums so this was a must. It was really beautiful. There was a wedding in the main church so we didn't get in there until about an 1.5 hours after we arrived.
Very interesting!Written September 15, 2022
- The hike to through the trail continually offered a variety of feasts for the eyes. I would love to return.Written March 21, 2022
- Great Art Galleries, super shopping, you can spend a great
afternoon enjoying the old city with the beautiful homesWritten September 6, 2022
- Carmel beach boardwalk is beautiful. Western side Pacific ocean with clear blue waves and white sand. This is little bit long beach and provides a nice walk.Written September 28, 2022
- Surprisingly good production of Mary Poppins on August 11, 2022! With Covid still a menace, we wanted to treat our daughter, son-in-law and two granddaughters to an outdoor theater production. The main character has an amazing singing voice--and is an opera singer for the Monterey Symphony Orchestra, and the chimney sweep, Burt, is an experienced actor and member of the actors equity association. Seriously, they rivaled Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke in the classic movie. The stage design was also quite remarkable with moving cables, magnetic shoes for some "Cirque du Soleil" acrobatic moments. A big shout-out to this small community production!Written August 20, 2022
- I loved my wine tasting experience here! The tasting room is very intimate and cozy with a variety of seating options. The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly. Their wines are very nice, and their bubbly was also great and a pleasant surprise. I got one bottle to take home and could have easily gotten more had I not had to worry about room in my suitcase. Check ahead for reservations!Written July 14, 2022
- We made a return visit to Sunset Cultural Center. This is a good place in Carmel to se a show or concert. This is also an art center there.Written February 20, 2020
- Stunning scenery on 17 mile drive. October a very good time to visit, weather perfect and not too busy.Written November 25, 2019
- Stopped in for a quick tasting and we were delighted to meet the lovely Morgan. Her vast knowledge of their wine selection and overall friendly and upbeat attitude made it a great experience.Written January 9, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Carmel
- The best day trips from Carmel according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Monterey, Carmel and 17-Mile Drive - Full Day Tour from San Francisco
- Day Trip to Monterey and Carmel via California Coast
- Monterey & Carmel Explorer
- Big Sur, Pebble Beach, Santa Cruz and More Private Day Tour
- Self-Guided Audio Driving Tour in Big Sur PCH Highway 1
Carmel Attractions Information
|Local Time||Friday 7:14 PM|