Popular things to do
Top Attractions in La Jolla
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- This a very beautiful natiral oasis with sea lions, pelicans, herons, etc. The landscape on the background is great.Written February 2, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Was part of a guided tour and glad it was included. Short stop at the memorial with great views of the area. No chargeWritten January 17, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I love this beach because it has beautiful views and unlike most beaches in San Diego you don't have to walk a mile through sand to get to the water edge. It's great lots of bathrooms there are even ice cream vendors if you get the munchies and they take venmo and zelle. The only negative is you have to be patient you might have to go around the parking lot a few times to find parking.Written January 5, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We stayed 5 nights overlooking this beach, just steps away, and loved it. It’s where the kids (8,9,10) wanted to be for a majority of our trip. They loved climbing on the rocks and “jumping” the waves. We did not let them go in the water too far. The waves were huge and close to shore. The sunset and people / surfer watching was an above and beyond cool experience. The area within walking distance was really nice as well.Written October 19, 2022
- but a much more "laid back" (?) experience. The focus is on the local waters and fish, &c fr/ that region but other animals are included. The highlight(s) are the seahorse/dragon display and the blue penguins. I found myself visiting other areas only to return to see what those animals were doing. The penguins were not too active but active enough to enjoy their antics but the seahorses/dragons were simply mesmerizing. I had a wonderful time and had to drag myself away.
Luckily it was not too busy (getting there as they open helps) and I had time and space to wander and enjoy. And the docents were out-going, friendly, informative, and eager to answer any questions.
Spend time outside enjoying the wonderful views.Written January 22, 2023
- So fun to lay on Black’s Beach and watch them fly above you and watch the local wildlife in all its forms! Fun hike down, harder going up ;)Written January 28, 2023
- This was a fun way to spend the afternoon. Seeing the ocean and the seals was really cool. And we didn’t have to pay anything to do it!Written October 24, 2022
- Impressive from the cliff top but so much more from the water.
Kayaks can be rented or tours booked at La Jolla Shores which will get you closer to and into the caves with close up contact with seal lions and fish. Highly recommended.Written November 1, 2022
- Great outdoor market which takes place rain or shine. I was there on a rare rainy Sunday & the market was prepared. Vendors had tent covers & the place was packed! Locals kept apologizing for the weather - which as a tourist made me laugh. If you are visiting from out of town there is a decent amount of fresh fruit & veggies. So if you have just arrived, and are staying a few days - stock up here instead of going to local supermarket. They also have unique one of-a-kind crafts/jewelry/candles. What I also liked was that all of the artists who made products were there (at least what I bought).Written April 3, 2022
- What an interesting event. I never noticed some of the murals around town and now I see all of them. Very nice and a also a nice stroll around town. The leader of the group was very knowledgeable and considerate. Would highly suggest this tour.Written July 14, 2022
- Amazing production, acting, sets, singing, lyrics, costumes and story. Loved the spin to make the story current while retaining the Peter Pan story elements that we all love. The flying was awesome too! Highly recommend seeing this musical!Written March 11, 2020
- this is a great area to walk, shop and eat. Lots of street parking but you do have to search for awhile. Eventually found a spot and set our alarm and went meandering.Written September 6, 2022
- There are maps, of course. But at least as interesting is the detailed story behind each map: what people thought and how they saw the world at the time the map was made. Some early maps took the point of view of the Church... for instance, one map shows the Devil walking hand-in-hand with a person.
There are comfortable armchairs and relaxing classical music playing. You might want to spend hours here, but the street parking nearby is for either one or two hours.Written June 29, 2022
- The buildings are so unique it looks futuristic. We were allowed in with a visitors pass to see the Defense. What a beautiful place to work.Written October 23, 2019
- This is a large grassy area that overlooks the ocean. you can see and hear the sea lions, harbor seals and the pelicans. The park is a great place for dogs and kids. There is a walkway around the entire area.Written January 16, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about La Jolla
- The best day trips from La Jolla according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Beachside Moped Rentals
- The San Diego Tour: La Jolla, Old Town, Gaslamp and Coronado Island
- San Diego Life at the Beach Tour
- Visit San Diego's Beaches on a Private, Driving Tour
- The San Diego Highlights Tour
La Jolla Attractions Information
|Local Time||Monday 7:14 a.m.|