Top Attractions in Tahoe City
What travellers are saying
- Inspiration Point is one of the best spots for awesome views of Lake Tahoe and Fannette Island (in Emerald Bay of Lake Tahoe). Getting here from South Lake Tahoe takes cautious driving on the winding Route 89. When I went there one early morning in July, traffic was no problem and ample (free) parking was available at the vista point. I spent about 20 minutes walking around the beautifully built overlook to get superb views of Fannette Island and Lake Tahoe. A few placards at the overlook provide historical information about the interesting area. This is a spot not to be missed on the drive around Lake Tahoe.Written January 24, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is an exceptional trail for bikes as it passes through beautiful country and is smartly separated from traffic, so it is very safe. You can ride a long way and see a lot of things. So good that it is very popular so expect company.Written August 21, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Eagle falls trail is one of the tourist attraction situated in the emerald bay state park. It is nearby on the western shore of Lake TahoeWritten October 15, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- What a marvelous mansion we have seen at lake Taho . Also amezing Lake view we enjoyed a lot . Vijay kumar phagre from Bhopal MP INDIA .Written July 7, 2022
- Brought a group of teenagers here and they loved it. They went sledding. Make a reservation online. Parking is chaotic. They provide the saucers, you cannot use your own. Hill gets icier in the afternoon. There is a house to warm us and get a hot chocolate or hot spiced wine. There are some chairs for observers, but if you have some in your car, bring your own.Written December 29, 2022
- I had an amazing day at Alpine Meadows. I skied on a Thursday and it was empty. Never waited more than a minute on line all day. Most of the employees were incredibly friendly and the rental shop folks were awesome. Food at the Ski Chalet was great. Terrain was amazing and the views were epic. Wonderful grooming. One of my favorite days skiing ever.Written March 11, 2022
- We were pleasantly surprised by our time spent here. Not only on the lake, but the trail that went through the park. Beautiful spots for pictures and to climb on some rocks. Restrooms here and easy parking. A nice spot to stop and explore.Written January 14, 2023
- Tahoe city visitor information centre is located on the northern part of Lake Tahoe. Tourists can have information about the lake and routes. Details of state parks, beaches etc can be obtained.Written October 22, 2022
- This trail development is brilliant. A great way to gently experience the lake, see the views, be around some of the food venues, without too much effort. The trails seem to be expanding over time. Kudos!Written April 25, 2022
- This is truly a splendid spot to stop and admire the view and take some photos. Plus it is a pleasure to get up to this point.Written March 23, 2022
- This attraction is near the Visitor's Center, and (obviously) the Fanny Bridge and the Truckee River. It's a nice building but it's a little hard to fund the entrance. The exhibits are pretty good. My wife was attracted to the basket weaving exhibit, showcasing a variety of baskets from the Southwest and Northwest tribes. On the second floor, there was an interesting exhibit on the 1960 Olympics, currently on loan to this museum. Perhaps the best part of the museum is the grounds and the adjacent areas. There are picnic tables outside by the Truckee River and you can walk around the around where the Truckee River begins, and Lake Tahoe ends. Adjacent to the museum are the gates themselves, Fanny Bridge, and some interesting informational signs about the area. Some could use replacing, though, due to wear and tear. The grounds are free and a must-see. The museum is $10, $9 for us seniors. Probably worth going inside. A nice place!Written August 22, 2022
- I took the first of three sessions of the Women's Mountain Bike Clinic today. I learned a lot and it was fun. The instructor, Kirsten Martin del Campo, is a mountain biking coach at Northstar. Joining her was Quincy Young, an accomplished bike technician. I really enjoyed the class because the instruction was very clear and easy to understand. The instructor would demonstrate how to do the new skill and then we would all take turns trying it out, getting feedback from both the Kristen and Quincy. I was not a very experienced biker but I felt comfortable trying out each new skill rather than "on the spot," my normal worry. Everyone encouraged each other. After learning the basic skills in an easy area, we took a bike ride on the trails to try out the skills. It was amazing that I went from going down hills always with my brakes applied as I was afraid I would crash to riding down only using the brakes to control my speed once in a while. I also feel like I can practice what I learned on my own. The bike trails at Tahoe XC are beautiful and accessible to most people. I would definitely recommend biking here and also taking a clinic if it fits your schedule.Written August 4, 2019
- Something for everyone! Cool locally crafted art, pottery, and jewelry. Every time I go by I usually pick up something for myself, family, friends or just to have a cool Lake Tahoe souvenir on hand to give out as a gift.Written January 7, 2021
- Perfect day to go to beach and with all the activities; paddle boarding, kayaking, swimming, jet skiing, sailing, dogs, small children playing in sand it was incredibly relaxing and perfect. Parking may be tricky and finding a spot at water may be tight if you do not come early. Trails, clean bathrooms, grills and picnic tables abound.Written July 8, 2019
- Docents available on Sat in summer months to explain and educate visitors about all the the research efforts in the lake basin, see all the equipment used for collecting, garden of native plants in premises, parkingWritten July 11, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Tahoe City
- The best day trips from Tahoe City according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Ultimate Lake Tahoe Self-Guided Driving Audio Tour
- Full-Day Lake Tahoe Circle Tour including Squaw Valley
- Self-Guided Audio Driving Tour in Lake Tahoe
Tahoe City Attractions Information
|Local Time||Thursday 12:48 AM|