What travellers are saying
- We enjoyed the tram ride experience and the beautiful view at the top. The attendants everywhere were super informative and helpful!Written July 25, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Monarch has always held a special place in my heart. I learned and now am bringing others over 11 hours to learn how to ski.I almost don't want to to write this review to keep this ski area to myself.
As the ski industry gets more expensive monarch has remained on the affordable end. A great place to enjoy a mountain without crazy long lines, or giant megacomplexes, or crazy corporate markups.
The affordable price doesn't detract from the skiing. There are plenty of lifts, runs, snow, and beautiful views.Written February 11, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Salida has great parks, anyway, but the one by the river, downtown, is a nice place to eat, hang out, or use as a central location to park around and explore the downtown area on foot, and watch the river runners, kayakers, etc, go by.Written November 20, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We found this on our way home and stopped. Nice place, friendly staff, good price. Three pools total. A Small younger kids type pool with water features. The larger pool has a small slide, diving board, climbing wall, and lap lanes. The middle pool is the warmest it was 101 degrees on our visit. Not too busy. Clean and easy parking.Written June 30, 2019
- I came down here while my boyfriend is working, so did everything pretty much for myself but I did find this cute pottery place. I called beforehand super sweet people great music.! Don’t need an appointment to paint a piece of art ! Lovely workers an amazing vibe ! I looked crazy while going running off no sleep ! but very peaceful i loved it ! 10/10 DO IT!!Written September 11, 2023
- Went to a special presentation on local Ute Prayer Trees presented by the author of the book the offered for sale there. It was fascinating! Followed by a group hike to see some of those trees, although I wasn't able to go on that.Written August 11, 2019
- The volunteer staff was knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. He answered all our many questions about the area and the history of the hatchery. He also gave us big buckets of fish food so we could feed them. There's tons of fish pools - more than you can see when you first get there. It was a great experience.Written July 3, 2021
- We drove through Salida and all I could imagine was living here. Deer eating out of people’s yards, people walking the neighborhood, the coolness in the air. We took the Spiral Drive mainly cuz we heard you can see everything. Just be careful cuz Waze gave us the wrong directions but just follow your signs and you’ll be up the mountain. Anyway, we got to the top and it’s really breathtaking. The views were amazing and I could see trails down below and said if I lived here this is where I would be! Definitely put it on your list!Written September 16, 2020
- The area is super nice for relaxing, sticking your feet in the water or tubing. We tubed down and the water levels were so high and the current so strong that all 6 of us, ended up out of our tubes at least 2 times. I thought the life jackets were a joke but probably saved our lives. It was scary through the rapids.Written July 26, 2022
- We had so much fun! The hosts Nelson and Peggy were so kind and gave us such a wonderful tour and provided so much history about the Alpacas, and their family. We were able to feed them, take pictures with them, and learned so much about the breed. The hosts were so incredibly kind, we are so thankful we found this experience and were able to make it. Once in a lifetime experience. Also don't miss out on the gift store -- we found some treasures!!Written October 1, 2023
- Stop in on a Saturday afternoon. The four of us sat up at the bar. Bartender was very pleasant and made a great drink. The liquor they make I thought was very good. Want to go back.Written April 19, 2022
- I’ve enjoyed her work for years, and it was a treat to stumble across her gallery while she was there and to hear a bit about the artist’s process from the very warm a d friendly artist herself.Written December 10, 2022
- Love the set up with several building to search through. Even a free section for the really thrifty personWritten October 8, 2019
- I’m my from Texas and I love wineries. This winery is tucked away in Salida but definitely worth going too. The atmosphere was beautiful and the wines were delicious. Plus pet friendly!Written June 19, 2022
- Even thought the water level was a little low the rafting trip was fun through the Brown's Canyon National Monument.Written September 20, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Salida
Salida Attractions Information
|Sunday 7:46 p.m.|