Top Attractions in Dewey Beach
What travellers are saying
- The best place to vacation with the family. INCLUDING the family DOG! Yes, Dewey Beach is dog friendly! Our 2 generation golden has just joined the ranks romping on the beach & taking in the downtown sights.Written November 11, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This playground is an excellent place for families with young children to relax while the kids explore the activities. There is also a Little Library on siteWritten February 12, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Bay front location, with a multitude of options for events. I believe it's closing soon to be replaced by condos. Lots of good memories!Written November 4, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a favorite of many. Always busy but worth it. The food is amazing. The staff is friendly. Clean restrooms.Written May 24, 2022
- Convenient walk to and from the Cullen St. public beach access, this is a great place to get breakfast and lunch during a day at the beach.
Delicious, fresh ingredients. (Closed Sundays.)Written August 5, 2019
- Just returned from a September vacation in Dewey Beach. We spent quite a bit of time at Mama Maria's. Nico is a fantastic bartender. Food and drinks also great. I highly recommend.Written September 22, 2020
- I recommend coming to this bar for jam session. The bands are always amazing! The bar is a decent size with room to dance and talk to people while listening to the cover bands. This bar is cash only though so make sure you come prepared. They do have atms inside if needed.Written July 22, 2018
- Chill and friendly team...very accommodating. Beautiful area to paddle with nice birding from kayak and some eagle sightings. Also, plenty of space to just float. Looking forward to next season!Written October 16, 2022
- On South side of Dewey near the Rudder. On beach block and right on the highway. If you sit on the patio, you are right on the street side. Internal bar is loud- sports watchers etc. Food was good - mixed type of food and varied choices. Would recommend for a quick bite off the beach or light dinner or lunch.Written June 14, 2019
- We are vacationing in Dewey Beach for 2 weeks. We had breakfast at The Starboard on a weekday and had no problem getting a table. Our food was good and the young adults in our family went back to The Starboard for a few drinks one night. I would give them a 4 out of 5 rating for those trips. We were at the beach a few days ago and saw they were having a comedy night on Tuesday at 9 (there was a plane flying by the beach advertising the show) so we walked over to find out all the reserved seats indoors were taken. They gave us the option to sit outside which was fine. When the show started I was surprised to find out every person on stage felt it necessary to say F*CK multiple times during most jokes. Many of the jokes were vulgar/crude and I wasn't impressed. My 23 y/o daughter and other young adults were with us and they knew this wasn't my type of comedy show so we left after we finished our food. I am writing the review so that other people aren't as surprised by the comedy show.Written June 18, 2021
- This was a lovely morning yoga facilitated by David on the beach. Yoga in the sand is a bit more challenging than on a floor and David made it fun by pointing out small adjustments to accommodate poses in the sand. The class was about an hour long. It starts promptly at 8am and is easy to find by the YOGA flag in the sand. Take a towel, water and sunscreen. 😊Written June 30, 2022
- Bartender 'ryan' along with his fellow poorly highlighted bartender are more worried about getting drunk than getting your drink order right. If you want to be ignored and treated poorly than north beach is the place to go.Written July 17, 2011
- Wonderful experience- highly recommend! Bring your own cooler or beverages. Such lovely captain and host- so glad we did this with our two teenagers. Perfect length- a little narration while we sailed.Written August 26, 2022
- Banana boating was so much fun! Once all of the safety stuff was out of the way, they got down to the business of asking us what kind of ride we wanted. Our family of 4 said - go as fast as possible! Our driver gave us good tips on ways to make the ride even more fun, as well as what to do if you absolutely do not want to land in the water. They took great photos and there was a go-pro on the boat so video captured every bit. They also allow you to view all photos and video first, in case you want to purchase. Yes, at $40/pp, it can be pricey for 20 minutes, but it's one of those things you look at as a vacation splurge and just enjoy. We plan to go again next year with a group of about 16 - can't wait!Written September 12, 2022
- We had a great trip with Hunter and crew yesterday. My daughter has limited mobility, and they were eager about accommodating her so that she could fly too. Everyone was helpful and treated her as any of the other participants, though they also got additional crew to help her board the boat and disembark. She - along with my wife and son - had a blast. Clearly this organization is highly experienced and loves what it does.
* Note for others with mobility issues who may go: the pier, which is not owned by this company, is not very accessible. You have to cross about 15 yds of sand and get up 5-6 steps right at the shoreline. I was able to piggy-back my daughter, but worth assessing. As I said, the crew were happy to help however, but this may be a limitation for some. Getting on and off the boat, and launching and returning from the parachute, would be doable for a variety of different abilities, though.Written August 10, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Dewey Beach
- The best outdoor activities in Dewey Beach according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Dewey Beach on Tripadvisor
- The most popular things to do in Dewey Beach with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Dewey Beach on Tripadvisor
Dewey Beach Attractions Information
|Local Time||Thursday 12:03 PM|