- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
90 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Although mostly uphill, it is definitely worth the trip up to the waterfalls. It's absolutely beautiful! It's $5 per person and then a $5 parking fee for the state park day pass.Written January 24, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very nice well maintained park with beautiful scenery. We didn't have time for any hikes so just drove through and stopped at the visitors center.
We plan to go back and see some of the waterfalls and do a little hiking.Written January 4, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Plan to spend some time at the river's edge. The clear water and relaxed environment are hard to beat. You will lose your stress behind by the end of the afternoon.Written December 4, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- conveniently located short distance from Helen. breathtaking scenery on the hike in which is mostly downhill, the falls are spectacular. hike back out is slightly challenging, mostly uphill, but definitely worth it for the viewsWritten January 14, 2023
- We took a group of 12-13 year old girls on the hike on a beautiful, sunny Georgia day in July. The trail is almost completely shaded due to tree cover and surrounding woods, so it really wasn't too hot, even though it was July. The trail was vigorous, even challenging at times. 2.5 miles of hiking up to the falls felt further due to the terrain. We crossed at least 5-6 log bridges, and hiked alongside the creek for a good portion of the trail. Overall, we really enjoyed this one, and would do it again. Pack plenty of water, and plan to get muddy, as there are several mucky parts of the trail.Written July 7, 2022
- It was a great spot to stop and have a wine tasting. It has spots to sit outdoors and relax. It was $12.00 per person to taste all the wine which isn't bad!
There are other beautiful gifts inside too. I would highly recommend this place for the average wine lover!Written October 29, 2022
- The trail was described as hard on All Trails and it was hard. You need good hiking shoes and poles. Take plenty of water and a few snacks. Start early!Written September 23, 2022
- The Georgia Mountain Coaster was a smooth ride and really fun. Give folks in front of you some time to make it down the track, because you will catch them quickly and the braking will automatically slow you down. a really safe feature if you have kids.Written October 13, 2022
- A cute little stop on your way to Helen! A lot of great buys! I would definitely stop here! People are friendly! It's very different that Helen which to me was great!Written October 29, 2022
- First visit to Helen GA. Arrived on Monday stayed overnight. Staff was friendly. There is no on street parking. Very few handicapped spaces. $10 a day for parking is a bit much.Written January 3, 2022
- We headed here while visiting Helen. It was nice the kids got a playground to play while we sat on a swing. Plenty of benches and paved walking area.Written February 27, 2021
- This park has no "entertainment", per se. But, if discovering nature and local history is your thing, then check this out.
Kathy, the Naturalist is excellent.
Hiking, bird watching, wildlife viewing, etc. This place was part of the nation's first gold rush.
There are "high-end" cabins for rent and a trophy trout stream.
The trout stream has special regulations and is only open on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. Make a reservation, then contact the local fly shop (Unicoi Outfitters) to line up a guide and learn how to fish the stream. You will also get to use their rods, reels, waders and flies.Written August 5, 2022
- We visited the center in the hopes of learning more about the transformation of Helen. We weren't disappointed. The videos, before and after photos, and Helen memorabilia was informative, interesting and well presented. Anyone visiting Helen should really stop in. It's an amazing story.Written June 5, 2022
- Lovely business. Felt comfortable to just walk and browse. No pressure to purchase. You can walk in the studio. Owner answered my questions.Written August 24, 2020
- Eh it's just something you drive by. It's not anything to write home about. You can read about it, but other than that, it's just something you pass by.Written October 29, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Helen
Helen Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday 1:42 AM|