Fishing Charters & Tours
- Traveller favouritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked according to revenue made by Tripadvisor on those bookings, plus the number of page views by Tripadvisor users, and the quantity and quality of reviews
What travellers are saying
- Fished with Carlitos twice now and looking to go again soon. Even brought both my kids, 10 & 12 and they landed some Tuna and Mahi. Great guy, great experienceWritten January 20, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I was happy with the tour I booked to San Blas with one night sleepover there. Ariela at the tour desk in Selina was so helpful with booking trips and answering all questions about how to get to other cities etc! Thank you :)Written January 22, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had an outstanding experience at Save the Turtles Playa Venao! Seeing these amazing little turtles and helping them was just wonderful. The team puts in so much energy and time to explain everything and we can highly recommend it. The money you pay for is going all into the project to save the turtles!
Thanks again for this experience.Written February 2, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Surf Dojo is a must for anyone visiting Venao and for those especially interested in starting to surf or improving their existing skills. The staff was really exceptional, couldn't say anything greater about how warm and welcoming everyone was. The surf instruction was fantastic.
I was a true beginner, they made the whole experience super easy, helped me make real progress over the week, and even more importantly had a great time doing it!
I got to spend some time working remotely there, and the Wi-Fi worked perfectly. Also, be sure to try the Acaí bowl!
Overall it was wonderful experience.Written July 18, 2022
- We did not stay at the Selina but we had surfing lessons from Shokogi, which is situated at Selina.
We arrived in Playa Venao not knowing how to surf and scared of the waves. We walked into Shokogi’s surf place and decided to take 3 lessons. After the first lesson with Moshiko we loved it so much that we decided to take 5 lessons. The reason being our great surfing teacher!! Moshiko was very supporting and pushed us to become better at surfing and enjoying our time in the water. He taught us to understand the waves and the water. Next to being a great teacher, he is also a friendly and funny person and became a friend of ours. His workpartner Gigi, who worked in the store was also very helpful and funny. And they both made a big effort to make us feel welcome and safe in and outside the water. Most of all, we learnt a lot and caught green waves the second day with no surf experience.
In conclusion: we highly recommend this surfing school, it is not expensive and very good in teaching you how to surf. But most importantly they are genuinly nice peopleWritten November 16, 2021
- I actually stood on a surfboard for the first time on Playa Venao and taking my first lesson at Club Venao was the best decision possible. Pierre and Roxanne are incredible nice and helpful people! They and our instructor Tibo took so much time and effort to give me and my boyfriend the best experience! We both stood on out board on our first lesson and learned how to take turns in our second. If you ever make your way to Playa Venao, make sure to take a class with Club Venao. I promise you won’t regret it! :)Written March 5, 2020
- Vlad is a sweetheart and has lots of history and points of interest to keep you occupied (if that's what you want)Written March 29, 2022
- He is an amazing surfer!
The lesson with him was really good. He knows how to pay attention to mistakes and how to fix them. Great guide!Written October 21, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Playa Venao
- These are the best places for kid-friendly tours in Playa Venao:See more tours for children in Playa Venao on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly tours in Playa Venao:See more budget-friendly tours in Playa Venao on Tripadvisor
Playa Venao Tours Information
|Tours Prices From||C$102|