Natural History Museums • Science Museums
Top Attractions in Bozeman
What travellers are saying
- The dinosaur collection is probably unrivaled in breadth and depth. No wonder in Montana. Quality of presentation ok but not as good as eg. in Houston or New York. Lots of small children in the museum. Overall definitely worth a visit.Written December 25, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The computer museum in Bozeman is extremely charming and boasts a number of quite extraordinary artefacts. You are welcomed by appropriately geeky volunteers who give a nice explanation. The gift shop has very interesting books. Overall a highly pleasant and worthwhile experience!Written December 26, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Bozeman is small quiet town with some really nice stores for shopping and restaurants for dinner. Close to Big Sky and not that far from Yellowstone National Park.Written December 2, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great price with many different trails for all levels. Suggest to be there early to secure the parking spot.Written July 28, 2022
- Relatively short (4+miles RT) and easy hike - well worth it. Pack in a lunch or snack to eat once you reach the falls. If you're staying in Bozeman, be sure to put this on your list.Written September 25, 2022
- Great place to stop by on your way through Montana. Max the bear was playful and very entertaining. The workers were informative!Written January 1, 2023
- Beautiful drive through a narrow canyon from West Yellowstone to Bozeman. It made me wish we could of gone white water rafting, hiking, zip lining, or fishing. Unfortunately, we had to catch a flight and couldn’t spend much time here. Big regret. I would love to come back and spend more time here. BTW, the wild flowers in late June were incredible. Entire mountain sides were covered in wild flowers!Written July 27, 2022
- Snow beautifies any landscape. Well, this one really is gorgeous. Hills, river, forests etc. The river is obviously the centerpiece of the views. A long stretch is protected land inside Yellowstone NP. Caution that the road is also dangerous, especially below Big Sky where folks often are tanked up after skiing, mixed with flatlander rookie drivers in the mountains who rented non-4WD-non-snow tired vehicles, ugh, watch out. Still, would definitely return again and again, as worth the risk ;)Written February 2, 2023
- Brilliant little museum, staffed by excellent, enthusiastic volunteers. A genuine insight into times past around Bozeman. Fascinating that it’s set in the old jail - with many original features remaining.
We thought an hour would be enough but more time would be wise!Written September 26, 2022
- We were in town for a week with our almost 2 year old and the play area in the kids section was awesome. Cars, crayons, blocks, books (of course), computers with age appropriate games, etc. It was abnormally hot out so we needed to find indoor activities and this was great. And free!Written August 3, 2022
- Stopped in, right next to Teds Montana & Bacchus Pub! She taught & showed us about the process. Didn't "go back" because of regulations, understood. Tried some & bought some. I think we were in & out in 30min as we went on to catch our flight✈️Written October 26, 2022
- The theater was having a “yard” sale in the back of the theater the day we flew into Bozeman. Since we love exploring, we took time to walk around the alley to go to the sale. We had a wonderful visit with the people who helped restore this old theater. My hometown recently restored an old movie theater so it was great to see this happening in other parts of the U.S.Written January 5, 2022
- Great groomed trails for cross country skiing. Took a lesson and Cambria was terrific. Helpful, friendly and knowledgeable.Written February 9, 2021
- We have an ASTC museum membership that allows us to visit science and children's museums for free when we travel, so we stopped here on our trip, thinking it was just a place to get out of the car for an hour. Boy were we surprised!
This was one of the best museums we have seen for its small size (and we visit a lot of museums). It is mainly one big room, with a loft for additional materials, but what they fit into that space is just wonderful. They had a great area for building vehicles that kids could roll around in, information and activities related to ecology and environmental design, a small area about animals and plants, plenty of light and physics displays, and upstairs in the loft was a great computer lab for activities in Minecraft and 3D printing. Our kids are on the older side (age 9 and 11) and they had a blast with everything.
Beyond the space and activities being lovely, the people were even better. They were all helpful, friendly, and welcoming. Because our 3D printed project broke the first time in the printing machine, they even sent a re-do in the mail! Way above and beyond any of our expectations, and it made our day!! We just love this place and wish it were closer to home, because we would go all the time!Written August 18, 2022
- If you have a chance to attend the opera, symphony or ballet here you will be absolutely amazed by the intimacy of this venue. It is lovely to behold and even more lovely to partake of the performances here.Written July 2, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Bozeman
- The best day trips from Bozeman according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- VIP Private North Yellowstone National Park Winter Excursion
- Private Tour of Yellowstone’s Winter Wonderland
- VIP Winter Yellowstone Wildlife Safari & Geology tour of Mammoth Hot Springs!
- Private VIP Boutique Yellowstone Day Tour from Bozeman
- From Bozeman, Big Sky, West Yellowstone: VIP Group Tour
Bozeman Attractions Information
|Local Time||Friday 5:33 AM|